Thy Will Be Done

We pray 'Your will be done' but do I really mean it and what does His will look like in my life? Jesus came to do the will of His Father and the flesh struggles with the reality of it even in Him. How can I stay out of His way when He is at work?

We pray 'Your will be done' but do I really mean it and what does His will look like in my life? Jesus came to do the will of His Father and the flesh struggles with the reality of it even in Him. How can I stay out of His way when He is at work?

If I knew the answer to that, I would be on TV instead of this web site. I can however tell "You" what I have told the people in my church.......

1. We don’t understand the whole story.
2. We fail to see the cause of hurt as God’s tool to accomplish something in our lives.
3. We are ignorant of His plan.
4. We are ignorant of God’s ways.

5. We usually interfere because of our selfishness.

We can learn God's will in our lives.

Ps 143:10 Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness. (KJV)
Matt 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother. (KJV)

It is also important to understand God's will in our lives.
Matt 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mattt 7:24-5 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. (KJV)

Studying God's word concerning his will and praying about it, is a great study. God will teach you what you need to understand so that you can truly pray "thy will be done"

You can start to understand a little what God's will is by reading the parable of the two sons Matt21:28-32

To find and obey God’s will, we must first bwith what we do know (1 Thess 5:16-18), and then rely on the process God put in place (Rom 12:2; Phil 2:13) to gain more understanding of further developments and guidance.

To find and obey God’s will, we must first begin with what we do know (1 Thess 5:16-18), and then rely on the process God put in place (Rom 12:2; Phil 2:13) to gain more understanding of further developments and guidance.

Back