Time

A right time to rip out and another to mend,
A right time to shut up and another to speak up
.”
Ecclesiastes 3:7

If you love life, don't waste time,
for time is what life is made up of.
Bruce Lee

When did it start if it did, and will it end? What is the purpose? Is it winding down?

Most of these are philosophical ideas. Can man truly know when time started or what time means to God? We know that God defined a day as beginning with a period of darkness and light.

The concept of time is mostly man's invention based on what men have observed in God's creation.

When you ask what is the purpose of time, I have to ask for God or man? For men it's important because our time is so limited. Time is a way to measure activity, organize events and solve problems. The purpose time for God is subject to speculation unless God himself reveals it in his word.

Is literal time winding down? That could be debated even by those that trust in God. Much of it depends on how we define time.

Most of these are philosophical ideas. Can man truly know when time started or what time means to God? We know that God defined a day as beginning with a period of darkness and light.

The concept of time is mostly man's invention based on what men have observed in God's creation.

When you ask what is the purpose of time, I have to ask for God or man? For men it's important because our time is so limited. Time is a way to measure activity, organize events and solve problems. The purpose time for God is subject to speculation unless God himself reveals it in his word.

Is literal time winding down? That could be debated even by those that trust in God. Much of it depends on how we define time.
I've seen time defined as the 4th dimension. If that's true, then time, like the other 3 dimensions we know, will be present in eternity, but apparently won't be measured or bear any signicance on our eternal lives in heaven. However, it might have a deleterious effect upon the souls suffering in hell. One certainty concerning time is that God is outside it and unaffected by it; from his viewpoint, Moses, Jesus, and us here all exist in a contemporaneous continuum simultaneously.

When did it start if it did, and will it end? What is the purpose? Is it winding down?
My interpretation of this verse has nothing to do with the "end times." Rather, it refers to specific instances in a person's life. You have probably heard the expression, "timing is everything." If a person is not thinking clearly regarding a specific issue, he/she may be saying or doing the wrong thing instead of the opposite.

My interpretation of this verse has nothing to do with the "end times." Rather, it refers to specific instances in a person's life. You have probably heard the expression, "timing is everything." If a person is not thinking clearly regarding a specific issue, he/she may be saying or doing the wrong thing instead of the opposite.

Thanks. It would seem more of the value of His timing that we can work, the gift .No work no eat

His timing made beautiful .

“Make hay while the sun shines"

Ecc3: 9-11 What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth? I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it. He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

Back