to the church

This will not be popular but i am speaking to the true Body of Christ . What we call the CHURCH aka CHRISTIANS. There was a time in this area we had Church services on Sunday night. The first Church assembly was formed at Antioch. Since that time the Church grew. It saddens me we barely have enough on Sunday morning to have church. Yes as i told my congregation at Fairview. I was thankful fir those who showed. The churches in America are not desiring the hunger and thirst for righteousness like they use to.. what is it going to take to wake Christian up. The church once had a strong voice. It appears as if we are just a horse whisper
Folks i use to know was pillars in the church
We seem to have a shortage if pastors. Why is this is it God fault.? Or have we turned a deaf ears to the call of God. Isiah 6 reads. WHO WILL GO for Us.? Isiah and said here am.i. Lord send me. . Hear me out Church we need some Joshua and Caleb to say we got this.

.we need some Nehemiah to say so we built the wall. We had a mind to work. You see church attendance is only just a small part. Apostle paul said he gave preachers pastors leaders in the church. For the edifying of the saints. It breaks my heart to go visit a church on Sunday night. To see the lights are off because No one wants to go. .CHURCH we are better than this. Lets rally to the cause and stop letting the devil have his way
Let's go to the enemy camp and take back what he stole from us... AMEN OR O ME. Let the church be the church. The trumpet is sounding . Will you. Me Respond

a pastor friend of mine texted me his subject this morning was your going to need this GOD

Acts 2:17-18
17 "And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, that I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your young men shall see visions, your old men shall dream dreams.
18. And on My menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out Ny Spirit in those days; and they will prophesy."

Could that be the begining of the next revival?
Should we be praying for this?
We are told all who pray for the latter rain will receive it.

This will not be popular but i am speaking to the true Body of Christ . What we call the CHURCH aka CHRISTIANS. There was a time in this area we had Church services on Sunday night. The first Church assembly was formed at Antioch. Since that time the Church grew. It saddens me we barely have enough on Sunday morning to have church. Yes as i told my congregation at Fairview. I was thankful fir those who showed. The churches in America are not desiring the hunger and thirst for righteousness like they use to..We seem to have a shortage if pastors. Why is this is it God fault.? Or have we turned a deaf ears to the call of God. Isiah 6 reads. WHO WILL GO for Us.? Isiah and said here am.i. Lord send me. . Hear me out Church we need some Joshua and Caleb to say we got this. It breaks my heart to go visit a church on Sunday night. To see the lights are off because No one wants to go. .CHURCH we are better than this. Lets rally to the cause and stop letting the devil have his way

Hello forgiven;

Thank you for opening up to the church. It's true in these times and it has to be said.

Church attendance had a major decline in 2020 and the pandemic has partly been the blame. But even with safety and technology of online services, attendance is still waning.

With all the ideas on how to target, demographics, Pew and Gallup research and surveys, (speaking for America's Christian community,) it hasn't sunk in to help many Americans understand the practice of their faith in the 21st century.

For the older generations of Elders, Boomers, Gen X and now Millennials, the decline in church attendance has suffered going into 2018 - 2021.

What's worse is the much younger generation - 15 to 35 year olds have developed a way of life with short attention spans, instant messaging and shallow, one word replies to a text. Their attention span has dwindled and they are constantly looking all over the place instead of being still, especially in a church worship setting. This makes it hard to instill an attachment to a traditional, reverential church and
worship with a mixed age group.

God bless the mega churches who continue to gain more and more members! My wife and I visited a friend and attended the church she is a member of, a mega church. I'm not a marketing expert and cannot explain why these mega churches have flourished. But I can say the majority of churches in America are small and medium. But what matters most - are all these churches, whether tiny or huge, producing spiritually mature Christians? This to us should be KEY!

We need to get perspective in these times in America. The church I serve cannot afford smart marketing, glittery lights and sounds in the sanctuary, professional musicians and motivational speakers (who are labeled Pastors) who will grow one's faith for Christ.

I need to remember, Jesus didn't use all these gimmicks, instead, He held worship in the open fields with 12 disciples by loving them with Agape love, prayer, teaching, preaching. Yes, there were those who couldn't handle Jesus and left Him, regardless, others followed Him and it grew from there. In our church family I cannot invite the unreached all by myself, so I pray and encourage my church family to be empowered and invite others. We hold two Bible studies a week and do visitations and outreach every month.

If attendance is only a few, Jesus' attendance started with 12 men. Embrace the ones who are there to worship; be devoted to one another in love, give preference to one another in honor, be of the same mind toward one another, do not be haughty in mind and ask God to reveal His glory. - quote Gary L. McIntosh, One Church Four Generations

Every Pastor should have his core members who stand by him and God will reveal these are the ones who can help the Pastor by partnering and bringing others to Christ.

If this means only one worship service a week, then take what you already have and follow Jesus' example, one day and one more person at a time.

This is my approach. It's not pretty but it has been effective and it is hard work. During these times of dwindling attendance, get back to the basics and follow Jesus' example. A Pastor and his core team should have the means from the Bible to understand Jesus' examples of making disciples.

I'm with you, forgiven, and will continue to include you and your church family, Fairview, in our prayers, brother.

Home church in NZ..you can gather in groups of 2 or 3 in Jesus name, so it doesn't matter about pandemic restrictions, or you can gather in groups of 10 outside. Mostly families. There's always been smaller churches and only in recent times there have been more churches and some mega churches, so people often move from church to church to be closer or with their friends and family.

I don't think it matters too much exactly which church gathering you go to. I've been in home groups where people all go to different churches. I think the ones that are finding it hard are the established ones that aren't very mobile. Also in the city things change a lot and older church buildings run into building maintenance issues.

Why are mega churches popular with younger people, well many factors, but mostly because they aren't so stuffy, but the more people the more you can pool resources (economies of scale) and the more things you can offer in terms of ministry. I guess its like why Walmart is popular with shoppers in the US. Because everything's all there, even though the depth/quality may not be. It's high turnover church..and the stock is constantly replenished...plus they are more evangelical for newbies. Some older churches frown on young people and young people will ignore them when they aren't listened to.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. God knows what you can handle. And the next revival may be just around the corner.

Back