Today is National Day of Prayer (May 2nd)

National Day of Prayer Website 🙏 God bless and keep you. And may God bless and protect our leaders , America, and all our citizens. Amen.

While it is my desire that God bless each and everyone of His children, I often think of the following passage: "My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends." (John 15:12-13 (NIV)) To this end, I want to pray and wish many blessings, to those in our world who willingly walk into harm's way for the sake of others. In particular, those who serve as soldiers, police officers, emergency medical rescue, fire fighters, and all other first responders. Last year, the count ended at 163. This year (2019), we are at 35. God bless those that serve, those that paid the intimate sacrifice, and the families and friends of both.

rtm3039
Special Agent (Retired)

The night before the National Day of Prayer on last Wednesday night my church organized and hosted an All-City prayer meeting event with two other large churches meeting at the largest of the three to pray mainly for the nation, state, and city. Just praise (with band, choir, and worship leaders from all three churches) worship and petitions given individually over the microphone by any who came forward. No sermon but our pastor led in exhortations. All was done in beautiful order and peace prevailed. It was a large church including a large balcony and many came from all over town. The parking lots were packed and this church has two large parking lots. Very powerful time! I kept thinking of 2 Chronicles 7:14...and that this is what we must do more and more in unity with one another. "If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray....."

Our pastor announced last night at our regular Wednesday night prayer meeting that around 6-800 showed up for the All-City prayer meeting I mentioned above in post #4, which was held the night before in recognition and unity with the National Day of Prayer. I believe this is just the beginnings of a national prayer revival in small towns, large cities, suburbs, rural areas, and homes...as people gather together in groups, large and small, to pray to God for our nation, our leaders, our people, and our place on the world stage. All for the greater honor and glory of God!

Hello Sandpiper;

Thank you for sharing the All-City Prayer meeting.

20 years ago I showed up to Wednesday evening service and nobody was there. If felt strange so I put on my guitar and gave thanks to the Lord for He is good, and started playing.

As I went into the first song, an elderly member came in, then another and another. It was one of the best worship services I ever attended. It can start with 1 person, one family, one community, one church, one city and one nation.

I agree that a day of prayer can be the beginning of revival in one small town, city, state allowing the Spirit to move to the next church, town and city.

His love endures forever.

God bless you always, and your family.

Back