Tongues Study

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Brother, we can not "force" someone to believe that which we see as truth. All we can do is show what scriptures we see as stating our position, and then let the Holy Spirit do his work. I am sure those who do not believe in speaking in tongues is for us today, are hoping the Holy Spirit to show us the error of our way. In the same way we are the hoping just the opposite. We can not do nothing against the truth, but only for the truth. Only what the Holy Spirit brings to light will prevail.

2Cor 13:7 Now I pray to God that ye do no evil; not that we should appear approved, but that ye should do that which is honest, though we be as reprobates.
2Cor 13:8 For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.

Brother, we can not "force" someone to believe that which we see as truth. All we can do show what scriptures we see as stating our position, and then let the Holy Spirit do his work. I am sure those who do not believe in speaking in tongues is for us today, are hoping the Holy Spirit to show us the error of our way. In the same way we are the hoping just the opposite. We can do nothing against the truth, but only for the truth. Only what the Holy Spirit brings about will prevail.

2Cor 13:7 Now I pray to God that ye do no evil; not that we should appear approved, but that ye should do that which is honest, though we be as reprobates.
2Cor 13:8 For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.
FYI, I never said I don't believe tongues are for today. All I've ever said is that they're not required. Neither do they indicate proof of superior spiritual maturity.

So again I am asking Waggles to explain what this is all about, all these scriptures about the Spirit in general and nothing about tongues.

On February 05, a member started this topic up again after many months of inactivity. This topic has always created a division among members and arguing is always the result. The staff has decided to end this thread and we have also added the topic of Tongues to the list of forbidden forum topics. No matter how good the intentions are, someone always starts demeaning the beliefs and interpretations of others on this topic, and the staff will not tolerate any violations of Rules 3.1 and 3.2B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back