Top 10 Quran quotes every woman MUST SEE

• Thread starter Boanerges(Inactive)
  • Start date
The Devil is busy isn't he? I am so thankful to God that I know who I am in Christ. I know that God loves me and protects me. I am so very glad that I am His child.

Godbe4me

We are all so quick to point out when someone takes quotes from the Bible out of context and makes it sound as if Cristians are cruel hatemongers, so why do we do the same to the books of other religions?

I would like to first note that I am a man for truth and I hate when things are taken out of context for anything. I don't know about all of the quotes in that list, and I would like it to be known I am not defending or approving of the practices withing, but I desire the truth, not missreprsentation.

4. A man may be polygamous with up to four wives.
This verse is 100% true. But we should take a look at the area and the time this appeared in. At the time men had tons of wives, harems of girls and treated them all as objects witht he exception of a few he would actually care about.
Muhammed(sp?) was only a man, not God, so he could not improve the lifestyle of woen as easily, but with this verse he did a great service. The verse reads thus:
(2) And if ye fear that ye will not deal fairly by the orphans, marry of the women, who seem good to you, two or three or four; and if ye fear that ye cannot do justice (to so many) then one (only) or (the captives) that your right hands possess. Thus it is more likely that ye will not do injustice.
Yes men could have more then one wife still, but only up to 4. Still seems pretty bad to us today but look further. The husband must love each one equally, and if he cannot treat every wife with the love and respect she deserved then it was better for him to marry only 1. many men chose to only have one wife he could show his love too after this religion took hold. It still sounds bad to us in our culture, but realise that this was a great improvement for the lives of women at the time.

#3 A husband may simply get rid of one of his undesirable wives.
Not 100% false, but said in such a way that it gives the wrong impression.
Here is the quote with the verses before and after:
If a woman feareth ill treatment from her husband, or desertion, it is no sin for them twain if they make terms of peace between themselves. Peace is better. But greed hath been made present in the minds (of men). If ye do good and keep from evil, lo! Allah is ever Informed of what ye do. (128) Ye will not be able to deal equally between (your) wives, however much ye wish (to do so). But turn not altogether away (from one), leaving her as in suspense. If ye do good and keep from evil, lo! Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful. (129) But if they separate, Allah will compensate each out of His abundance. Allah is ever All-Embracing, All-Knowing. (130)
It doesn't say a man can just divorce a wife he doesn't like willy nilly. It says that a man should be striving to treat all wives equally, and if he is unable, then let her be free to find someone who can love her fully.

5. Slave—girls are sexual property for their male owners.
Now that's just a lie. Nowhere in the quote does it imply that women serving a man in the form of indentured servitude, (what slavery was back in the day) was a sex slave.
Here is the quote and the verse directly following:
And all married women (are forbidden? unto you) save those (captives) whom your right hands possess. It is a decree of Allah for you. Lawful unto you are all beyond those mentioned, so that ye seek them with your wealth in honest wedlock, not debauchery. And those of whom ye seek content (by marrying them), give unto them their portions as a duty. And there is no sin for you in what ye do by mutual agreement after the duty (hath been done). Lo! Allah is ever Knower, Wise. (24) And whoso is not able to afford to marry free, believing women, let them marry from the believing maids whom your right hands possess. Allah knoweth best (concerning) your faith. Ye (proceed) one from another; so wed them by permission of their folk, and give unto them their portions in kindness, they being honest, not debauched nor of loose conduct. And if when they are honourably married they commit lewdness they shall incur the half of the punishment (prescribed) for free women (in that case). This is for him among you who feareth to commit sin. But to have patience would be better for you. Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. (25)
Do you see sex slave in there? I sure don't. It says a man can, if he desires, marry a woman who is serving him, with permission from her family, and treat her as kindly as any non-slave woman.

Now I haven't covered all ten, because I can't, I do not know enough about the religion and culture to judge how accurate these quotes really are, but if they got these few wrong they very well cold have missrepresented the other. Maybe.

Again, I am not trying to approve or defend, but if I hate it enough when people missrepresent Christianity, why would I sit back and allow other religions to be treated unfairly?
We all know some of the basic arguments people have against the Bible and the "wrong" things it teaches. Here is the same style from the above artical, but used for the Bible:
#1 Women are to be slaves to their man's lusts:
Wives, submit to your husbands... (Ephesians 5:21-22)
Now, we know what the rest of the verse is, and what it means in a relationship, but someone just reading a quick passage on some site might get the wrong impression, especially with the quote title being wrong.
People who are not Christian do not always understand what certain passages mean, so we should understand that sinse we are not muslim, we might not understand what certain passages truly mean.

And just to be on the safe side I'll say it again, I am not spporting the religion, and I know that there are men and groups who DO use these passages to treat women the way the website shows it. But that is not the entire religion, and I just want everyone here to remember that fact.

I respect your right to your opinion Richard. Those quotes were provided by a woman who lived under fear of torture and death in a Muslim country so I am going to give her opinion some weight on this.

Ahhh, I had to do some digging through sites to find the interview you're talking about, the actualy interview wont load for me right now butthanks for letting me know so I can search for it.

But I wasn't saying she or anyone was wrong on these things. I know there are groups and places that do practice things that way, just as there are a few christian sects that misstreat others and focus on hate and anger. I was merely trying to point out that that version isn't the do all be all for all of Islam. That not all sects of Islam practice or interpret those passages that way.

Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Do no get me wrong my friend, I was not trying to argue the point. In 30 plus years of management I have however learned one thing it is hard to argue with experience. Her experience is not mirrored by all Muslim communities but tends (sadly) to be the norm in countries where Sharia law is the rule of government.

Back