Tradition - A Killer!

Tradition—A Killer!
Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.
– Matthew 15:6
8Nki9gxgoPIOMNWCGe5lj0n96OYgJSEdiJyO_R_jDE58YmHKTWDa9O3K2ZeZLLjqvt4bTKH2f6tcz2ma91IAYMcz70v51VUNLVyyHlcou858kWC_ONN-uClwIvX7W7CwpEaf=s0-d-e1-ft

Cancer. Heart disease. Multiple sclerosis. When we think of killer diseases, those are the names that come to mind. But the truth is, there’s a far more deadly killer on the loose in the Church today. And it’s destroyed more lives than any of us can imagine. It’s called tradition. Traditions rob believers of their healing. They steal the power from the promises of God. Here are three you should beware of:

1. The tradition that says it’s not always God’s will to heal you. It is God’s will to heal you! It says so in His Word. If you don’t believe that it is, then you can’t pray in faith believing you’ll receive. You’re like the farmer who sits on his porch and says, “I believe in crops, but I’m not going to plant any seed this year. I’ll just believe, and if it’s God’s will, my crop will come up.” That farmer will never see his crop. Faith is the seed of healing—if you don’t plant it, it won’t grow. A prayer that includes the words “if it be thy will” won’t produce a healing harvest. You must know without a doubt that healing is always God’s will for you.

2. Another tradition we hear is that healing has passed away. That there are no miracles today. But the Word of God proves that’s not true. In Exodus 15:26, God says, “…I am the Lord that healeth thee.” He also tells us that He does not change (Malachi 3:6). He has never changed since the beginning of time. For healing to pass away, God would have to pass away...and He is not about to do that!

3. The third dangerous tradition is this one: “God gets glory from Christians being sick.” That tradition totally violates the Word of God. The Bible says that people gave glory to God when they saw the lame walk and the blind see. God receives glory from your healing—not your pain!

The world is looking for a way out of sickness and disease, not a way into it. Let’s break down those traditions and deliver a hurting world from the most dangerous killer of all.
8Nki9gxgoPIOMNWCGe5lj0n96OYgJSEdiJyO_R_jDE58YmHKTWDa9O3K2ZeZLLjqvt4bTKH2f6tcz2ma91IAYMcz70v51VUNLVyyHlcou858kWC_ONN-uClwIvX7W7CwpEaf=s0-d-e1-ft

Scripture Reading: Mark 2:1-12
© 1991 Eagle Mountain International Church, Inc. aka: Kenneth Copeland Publications All rights reserved

Those are weird traditions?!

It reminds me of Fiddler on the Roof song. Tradition! Why do we do stuff...tradition!

Has anyone seen the film 'faith like potatoes'?! Faith is like a potato. You can see it if you put it in the ground, but you know its there and its going to grow MORE potatoes. See the thing people miss is that even a potato will grow leaves so you know its growing but its underneath in the soil where you cant see that its growing.

When I was sick with depression and didnt know God nobody ever told me I could go to Him for healing. I went to all these doctors and they just treated me like a hopeless case, or thought well heres another patient for life I can make a heap of money out of her if I keep her sick, she will keep coming to me for medication and treatment because we have pronounced that she has a diagnosis that wont ever get better. It was so stupid! It got to the point where my family thought the public health system was treating me like a consumer! I couldnt even have insurance if I wanted to buy a house because i had to declare i was sick and suffered depression. And they would give me pills to take EVERY single day. With toxic side effects. If i didnt take them, I was 'non compliant' And then mum thought I was making myself sick! On purpose. Arrgh.

Thank God Jesus saved me and healed me. And all it took was faith and prayers of a righteous man who fervently believed I would be well.

Looking at these things from other angles, and in other contexts:

1. The tradition that says it’s not always God’s will to heal you. It is God’s will to heal you! It says so in His Word. If you don’t believe that it is, then you can’t pray in faith believing you’ll receive. You’re like the farmer who sits on his porch and says, “I believe in crops, but I’m not going to plant any seed this year. I’ll just believe, and if it’s God’s will, my crop will come up.” That farmer will never see his crop. Faith is the seed of healing—if you don’t plant it, it won’t grow. A prayer that includes the words “if it be thy will” won’t produce a healing harvest. You must know without a doubt that healing is always God’s will for you.

A prayer that does not place what is prayed for subject to the will of the God being asked to supply the response cannot properly be prayed in the name of our Lord. It does not have to be explicit, but the state of the heart must be of supplication, not of specifying a demand. Even our Lord recognized that in the garden before his arrest.

2. Another tradition we hear is that healing has passed away. That there are no miracles today. But the Word of God proves that’s not true. In Exodus 15:26, God says, “…I am the Lord that healeth thee.” He also tells us that He does not change (Malachi 3:6). He has never changed since the beginning of time. For healing to pass away, God would have to pass away...and He is not about to do that!

Miracles... A lot depends upon definition and the manner of how it is employed. If you define a miracle as something truely impossible made to happen by God's power (fiat), I would say that that kind of miracle has not happened. Ever.
You must remember that all the natural laws, both those we have discovered and described, and those we have yet learn (and may be beyond our understanding) are the decree of the Father, and reflect His divine nature. To ask him to set those aside is to ask Him to set aside His own nature.

But, as we are finding out in our studies of fundamental physics (e.g. Quantum theory, and its incompatible alternative, string theory) is that at the most basic level, everything that happens stems from probabilistic (random and stochastic) underpinnings of which we have little understanding. An Infinite God can control innumerable actions of this nature and produce astounding results.

It has been said that the difference between providence and miracle is that one can see how providence occurs, but if you cannot understand how something happened, it is a miracle. The only difference between the two is how much you know, not the essence of Gods actions.

3. The third dangerous tradition is this one: “God gets glory from Christians being sick.” That tradition totally violates the Word of God. The Bible says that people gave glory to God when they saw the lame walk and the blind see. God receives glory from your healing—not your pain!

God does not 'get glory' from believers being sick, but a believer who is steadfast despite suffering can glorify God, and be a strong witness to what being a child of God is all about. It can show that to those around him, and prove it to himself. having a terminal condition and NOT letting that define how you use the time allotted to you CAN glorify God.

I am active in helping those who have cancer and those who have had cancer removed. And, I go to too many funerals. These include many wonderful Christian brothers and sisters. Their being sick may not be glorifying God, but how they live the lives they have often does.

I havent heard that 'healing has passed away' but many people say that 'tongues have passed away'. I just keep my mouth shut around these people, as they cant understand me anyway.

Looking at these things from other angles, and in other contexts:

A prayer that does not place what is prayed for subject to the will of the God being asked to supply the response cannot properly be prayed in the name of our Lord. It does not have to be explicit, but the state of the heart must be of supplication, not of specifying a demand. Even our Lord recognized that in the garden before his arrest.

Miracles... A lot depends upon definition and the manner of how it is employed. If you define a miracle as something truely impossible made to happen by God's power (fiat), I would say that that kind of miracle has not happened. Ever.
You must remember that all the natural laws, both those we have discovered and described, and those we have yet learn (and may be beyond our understanding) are the decree of the Father, and reflect His divine nature. To ask him to set those aside is to ask Him to set aside His own nature.

But, as we are finding out in our studies of fundamental physics (e.g. Quantum theory, and its incompatible alternative, string theory) is that at the most basic level, everything that happens stems from probabilistic (random and stochastic) underpinnings of which we have little understanding. An Infinite God can control innumerable actions of this nature and produce astounding results.

It has been said that the difference between providence and miracle is that one can see how providence occurs, but if you cannot understand how something happened, it is a miracle. The only difference between the two is how much you know, not the essence of Gods actions.

God does not 'get glory' from believers being sick, but a believer who is steadfast despite suffering can glorify God, and be a strong witness to what being a child of God is all about. It can show that to those around him, and prove it to himself. having a terminal condition and NOT letting that define how you use the time allotted to you CAN glorify God.

I am active in helping those who have cancer and those who have had cancer removed. And, I go to too many funerals. These include many wonderful Christian brothers and sisters. Their being sick may not be glorifying God, but how they live the lives they have often does.

I just wanted to start off by apologizing for offending you by this devotional. That was not my intention. And as your feelings and thoughts are important, I asked the Father (through the Holy Spirit) how to speak to your thoughts.

The greatist miracle that has been performed in our bodies is a born again (recreated spirit) that is nothing that can be seen with the naked eye... Nor can it be explained by natural scientific thoughts and research. It's faith in action... The measure of the eternal life that has been purchased for us by the Blood of Jesus. And given to us as a gift. It resides within us right now for eternity.

It is that eternal life that was being spoken of. The things of the spirit cannot be explained by science, without the scientist have a direct connection to the Spirit.. Who can and will give them the explainations if that is what is desired (Dr. Caroline Leaf is one example that I know of). For they are spiritually discerned and understood (1 Corinthians 2:14).

Hebrews 11:1 says that our faith is an actual substance. It's light energy, coupled with Words. It's the same way that the Word of God can be and is alive (Hebrews 4:12)... It actually has the power to cause Itself to come to pass. And if we dig into It further and go to John 1:1-5 The Holy Spirit tells us that Jesus is the Word.. and everything that has come into being is through Him The true Word.

As I fully agree with you here... the majority of people being encouraged and blessed by this is believers who trust in Jesus as their Savior already. And truthfully how many does it really encourage that Jesus and the Father are true to their Word that what the Word says is true... That Jesus really did come to set the captives free and that He paid for our healing with the stripes that He bore on His back and His precious blood.

For the ones who are not believers today/or ones that are on the fence or even questioning their faith and what the Word says..... This doesn't work as a testimony and an encouragement that Jesus and The Word of God is the ultimate truth. That He is Who He says He is.

Its just like someone Who claims to be a believer and they live like the rest of the world... Why would anyone want to become a believer if they don't see any change in their lives or their situations or even their behavior... They're gonna be saying ... There is no benefit to changing who I am right now.

am active in helping those who have cancer and those who have had cancer removed. And, I go to too many funerals. These include many wonderful Christian brothers and sisters. Their being sick may not be glorifying God, but how they live the lives they have often does

This is so true. And to see the love of God for others that they have is such a blessing to others. But what about all of those who are not loving and giving... What about those who are mean or grumpy and bitter and self centered? How is any of this encouraging anyone to accept Jesus as Savior. If they don't believe that Hell is worse than what they're going through right now... It doesn't give them the desire to go to heaven, or believe in a Christ/Messiah/Savior that Truly Loves them.... They don't see a good God Who really loves His children and desires for them to be whole here. So how can they trust that Heaven is any different or better?

If you think about it... The devil has been convincing people all over the world that only the people doing wrong have all the good things. They have money, they have fame, they have nice houses, they have ... Ect.

It draws people to desire the wrong things and ways of obtaining those things because the believers want to believe the lies that the enemy has sown into the church. And don't want to desire to be a showing of the good things of the Lord so that the worldly people will believe that we serve a good God. Not one Who makes people sick to teach them a lesson, or keeps them poor and in constant trouble.

Its time for us a believers to walk in the freedom of God's goodness and grace and to become a showing (like the believers in the Bible) who accepted and hungered for all the goodness of God, so that we may draw all of those who are in need to understand how much He loves them and wants to show them His love. To encourage all those who have no hope, and don't feel like the Lord loves them.

I just wanted to start off by apologizing for offending you by this devotional. That was not my intention. And as your feelings and thoughts are important, I asked the Father (through the Holy Spirit) how to speak to your thoughts.

The greatist miracle that has been performed in our bodies is a born again (recreated spirit) that is nothing that can be seen with the naked eye... Nor can it be explained by natural scientific thoughts and research. It's faith in action... The measure of the eternal life that has been purchased for us by the Blood of Jesus. And given to us as a gift. It resides within us right now for eternity.

It is that eternal life that was being spoken of. The things of the spirit cannot be explained by science, without the scientist have a direct connection to the Spirit.. Who can and will give them the explainations if that is what is desired (Dr. Caroline Leaf is one example that I know of). For they are spiritually discerned and understood (1 Corinthians 2:14).

Hebrews 11:1 says that our faith is an actual substance. It's light energy, coupled with Words. It's the same way that the Word of God can be and is alive (Hebrews 4:12)... It actually has the power to cause Itself to come to pass. And if we dig into It further and go to John 1:1-5 The Holy Spirit tells us that Jesus is the Word.. and everything that has come into being is through Him The true Word.

As I fully agree with you here... the majority of people being encouraged and blessed by this is believers who trust in Jesus as their Savior already. And truthfully how many does it really encourage that Jesus and the Father are true to their Word that what the Word says is true... That Jesus really did come to set the captives free and that He paid for our healing with the stripes that He bore on His back and His precious blood.

For the ones who are not believers today/or ones that are on the fence or even questioning their faith and what the Word says..... This doesn't work as a testimony and an encouragement that Jesus and The Word of God is the ultimate truth. That He is Who He says He is.

Its just like someone Who claims to be a believer and they live like the rest of the world... Why would anyone want to become a believer if they don't see any change in their lives or their situations or even their behavior... They're gonna be saying ... There is no benefit to changing who I am right now.

This is so true. And to see the love of God for others that they have is such a blessing to others. But what about all of those who are not loving and giving... What about those who are mean or grumpy and bitter and self centered? How is any of this encouraging anyone to accept Jesus as Savior. If they don't believe that Hell is worse than what they're going through right now... It doesn't give them the desire to go to heaven, or believe in a Christ/Messiah/Savior that Truly Loves them.... They don't see a good God Who really loves His children and desires for them to be whole here. So how can they trust that Heaven is any different or better?

If you think about it... The devil has been convincing people all over the world that only the people doing wrong have all the good things. They have money, they have fame, they have nice houses, they have ... Ect.

It draws people to desire the wrong things and ways of obtaining those things because the believers want to believe the lies that the enemy has sown into the church. And don't want to desire to be a showing of the good things of the Lord so that the worldly people will believe that we serve a good God. Not one Who makes people sick to teach them a lesson, or keeps them poor and in constant trouble.

Its time for us a believers to walk in the freedom of God's goodness and grace and to become a showing (like the believers in the Bible) who accepted and hungered for all the goodness of God, so that we may draw all of those who are in need to understand how much He loves them and wants to show them His love. To encourage all those who have no hope, and don't feel like the Lord loves them.

I am not easily offended. Certainly not by someone I respect as I respect you.

I should not be so quick to 'defend' my views (which really were not attacked!). I apologize. I posted too quickly and without reflection.

A timely and worthy post Cturtle and, as always, excellent thoughtful replies.
Respect to you all.

btw. I'll be posting a message later and, if you have not read it before, which I doubt, it will shock everyone.
Satan is absolutely rampant in the minds of those who are supposed to be representative's of God and Christianity here in the UK.

Shalom.
weewillie.

I will say a few things about cancer.
From what I know and have experienced.

At one time my boss had a brush with cancer and thought she was going to die. The doctors had pretty much told her she was not going to live. She told all of us workers. All I know was I prayed that she wouldnt die from my heart cos we all needed her and the next day a miracle happened and she was cancer free.

One time my mum had a diagnosis or a test that indicated she might have cancer and she was up all night worrying. This was the only time mum consented me to pray for her and she said amen to that prayer. Well it turned out she was fine after all. I think God was answering my prayer and I thank Him for that even though my mum has yet to fully believe, I do!

God healed one of my aunties i was told this story by mum that she was diagnosed with cancer and not given long to live, and at the time she had two young sons and was worried what would happen if she died. A christian told her about Jesus and prayed with her Well God answered her prayers and she became a believer and raised her sons in the faith.

What about when God doesnt heal or the cancer is too far gone..still miracles happen. In the movie I could Only Imagine..a true story, the singers abusive dad was dying of cancer but he got right with God after and was reconciled with his son, so they had that precious time before he died.

My boss said his dad was dying of cancer but the hospital chaplains must have talked to him and he had peace with God before he went. My boss had several unexplained things happen at the time of his death that can only attribute to God as he doesnt undertsnd spiritual things, like he knew the moment his dad died that he couldnt have known otherwise.

The pastor at the first church I attended, his wife died of cancer but before she died she would continue to sing in church and glorify God. She didnt get healed even though people prayed. I believe in this circumstance she became closer to God, because my pastor said he saw a change in her maybe she was only a nominal believer before. It happens, you marry a pastor and do christian things but in your heart you may not believe.

Sometimes the devil will take you to the point of death- your mortality and see who you are going to choose. Are you going to believe God even in the face of death? Because if you are a true believer you know death isnt the end. Its the beginning of eternal life. So praise God anyway.

I will address the topic of worldy people having it all in another post. Dont envy worldly people, with all their fine clothes, multiple houses and riches etc they may have gained the world, but they lose their soul. What worldly people miss out on is the spiritual which they see christians having that joy and peace which they dont. Because everyone must face up to their maker one day.

Back