Treasures of Wisdom and Knowledge

1 For I want you to know what a great conflict[a] I have for you and those in Laodicea, and for as many as have not seen my face in the flesh, 2 that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, and attaining to all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the knowledge of the mystery of God, [b]both of the Father and of Christ, 3 in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

Paul is saying to the people of Colossians: talking of a great conflict that is being had for those in Laodicea.

For as many as have not seen my face in the flesh. -> So the people in Laodicea have not seen Paul face to face.

Paul is writing that their hearts may be encouraged, being knitted together in love -> Attaining to all riches of the full assurance of understanding -> to the knowledge of the mystery of God -> Both of the Father and of Christ -> In whom are hidden in all the treasures of wisdom of knowledge.

There are great treasures of wisdom and knowledge in Christ Jesus and the Father -> In which Paul wants to encourage the people in Laodicea, because of them not seen paul before -> Colossians must have been close enough that after the Colossians read it they could share with the Ladodiceans

To be encouraged, and to be knit together in love -> and encouraged to attain to all the riches of the full assurances of understanding. Of the mystery of God -> Both of the Father -> And the life, death burial of the Gospel of Truth of the Lord Jesus Christ. -> In whom are all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

Back