True Love Waits

I agree with Dusy and NearertoGod. Perfect love only exists between Man (in the gender neutral sense) and God, because only God is perfect. True love can exist between a Man and Woman if it is God given. I have waited a long time without dating or even looking. A friend of mine used to say, "how are you going to find someone if you are not looking?, Do you expect love to fall from the sky?" Love is a gift from God and that's exactly what did happen. She is not perfect, but she is perfect for me because I am her second love, as we both share the same first love, God. Mutual love of God is a firm foundation to build a relationship upon. I would encourage anyone who is single to wait upon the Lord for your God given partner.

Dear Littleone,
I suppose you are The Bigone to God for your honesty and beauty.
Sometimes I have the same feelings you describe. What helps me is to remember that Jesus was single for his whole lifetime and did not have any sexual physical contact with a woman. He was a normal human being while he was on the Earth so I am sure he felt loneliness and physical desire the same way as we do. To be very honest, I would not like to be the same (staying single for my whole life and having no such kind of a physical contact with a man). But on the other hand I know I want to be like Jesus and follow him. And Jesus knows how hard it is and when he belives me I can manage, I do belive he is right and that I can make it. And, I know, when he finds me no more able to stand it, he will finish this life period in my life and he will give me a loving husband who wants to wait. (acc. to 1 Cor 10:13)

and - a practical advice I have heard - one can buy herself a cat or a dog - you can speak to it and carress it and hug it... and the animal loves you.
My friend gave me a cat and it is a great help for me... :smiley110:

Back