True Riches (wealth)

True riches (wealth)

Jesus said...

Luke 12:16-34

(16)And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth
plentifully:
(17) And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow
my fruits?
(18) And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow
all my fruits and my goods.
(19) And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat,
drink, and be merry.
(20) But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall
those things be, which thou hast provided?
(21) So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.
(22)And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye
shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on.
(23) The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment.
(24) Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and
God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls?
(25) And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit?
(26) If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest?
(27) Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that
Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
(28) If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven;
how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?
(29) And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind.
(30) For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have
need of these things.
(31) But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.
(32) Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
(33) Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure
in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.
For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Desiring wealth will cause a lot of problems in our life. It will ultimately destroy you, and it
seems so innocent in it self. Yet it diverts our attention from where it should be, which is on the Lord,
to gathering riches, and how we can go about getting it. Jesus continually taught his followers to keep
seeking Gods Kingdom first, and all these other things will be given to us automatically!

Proverbs 13:22
(22) A good man leaveth an inheritance to his children's children: and the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just.

The sinner is the one seeking and laying wealth up for himself, and he does not know or
understand that it is really for us, its the righteous who are going to get it! How discouraging is that to
them. They don't even know it. What is the real riches, and wealth we are suppose to seek for?

Pro 2:1-7
(1)My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee;
(2) So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding;
(3) Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;
(4) If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;
(5)Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.
(6) For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and
understanding. He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly.

Most believers think someday in the future we are going to be paid for what we are doing today,
and that after we physically die! I don't know about you, but I would not work for someone who was
going pay me for my labors today after I am dead! That is not smart, yet thats exactly what we believe
The Lord pays us for our labors in this life! When we find out what it is and how to obtain it, that
will be the only thing you'll ever want, nothing else will matter! Wisdom is that which we are to seek
for. We are to seek for it as silver, and as a hid treasure. It is more precious than gold, and there is
nothing we can compare it to. Its the number one thing in your life. If the Lord decided to give you the
most valuable thing he has it would be Wisdom! What is Wisdom?

Proverbs 14:33
(33) Wisdom resteth in the heart of him that hath understanding: but that which is in the
midst of fools is made known.

Wisdom is understanding! This understanding comes from the mouth of God the Father. He is the
one who gives it unto us. “the LORD giveth wisdom out of his mouth cometh knowledge and
understanding.
” (Proverb 2:6) Our heavenly Father is the one who teaches us, just like any earthly
father would do to his own children. Remember Jesus said it was only those who hear the word, and
understand it that prosper. Only those who keep his word in them are the ones that the love of God is
perfected. It reaches its conclusion and final destination. We keep his word in us only by
understanding it, and that is wisdom! Notice what Jesus told us in

Luke 12:16
Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in
the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

We lay up treasure for our selfs here on earth by putting our money in the bank or where ever you
store it, mattress, coffee can what ever. Thief's, and robbers can break in and steal it, or we invest in
the stock market which is very volatile these days, you could loose everything. It happens all the time.
Yet Jesus tells us exactly where to store it, where none of these things can happen! He said, “provide
yourselves bags
”, We are the bag, we are the bank, the store house where this treasure is stored. To
make a deposit you must have understanding. No understanding means that Satan steals the word that
was deposited. Only a person of understanding keeps it there!
a treasure in the heavens that faileth not”, When we purchase something with money, the
money in your bank account is expended. When you buy something for $1,000.00 they deduct
$1,000.00 from you bank account, but our heavenly bank account is never expended. Thats why Jesus
said, “a treasure in the heavens that faileth not”, The word “faileth not”,means inexhaustible,
something that never runs out! Wisdom and understanding never is expended! You never run out of it!
Once we have understanding of God's Word, (which only comes from God the Father) We have a
treasure in the heavens, and that Kingdom is within us (the bag). It never grows old or worn out, it is
never expended, it is everlasting. No amount of debate, from so called Christian brothers, sisters or
even pastors can ever steal it out of you. It is safe from any type of harm, as Jesus said, “ the gates of
hell shall not prevail against it
” We are living in dangerous times my friend, there are a lot of
deceivers out there waiting to fill you with all kinds of half truths and lies, trying to keep you from
experiencing Gods heavenly Kingdom to day. Everything being taught today is always someday in the
future, and never now faith is...Faith is always now, not someday. The world works that way but we are
not suppose to because we are the children of the light and of the day, not of the darkness or of the
night. Those who walk in darkness are waiting to see something in the future, where as we are seeing
the future today, and living in it. The riches of Wisdom gives us these things which no amount money can buy. It is more gain than gold, silver, and more precious than rubies.

(1) Wisdom makes you very happy.
(2) You can not compare Wisdom to anything.
(3) She (Wisdom) is a tree of life.
(4) She (Wisdom) preserves us through trials.
(5) She (Wisdom) guards us.
(6) She (Wisdom) will promote you.
(7) She (Wisdom) will give to your head a Crown of glory.
(8) She (Wisdom) will bring you to honor.
(9) She (Wisdom) will give you long life. (how long? Eternal life)
(10)She (Wisdom) Are always pleasant, and peaceful.
(Proverbs 3:12-18)

Last edited:
Back