Unconditional love

Just had quite an emotional weekend, and bit of a revelation.
I bumped into my childhood father figure, who used to run a Christian club. I was a lost, messed up little brat, but actually respected him like a good father. He loved me, just like I was his daughter.
I will always love this man, for the rest of my life. He's one of the kindest, most genuine men, I've ever had the privilege of knowing. Not just with me, but the other children too. His ministry inspired me to want to be the same with little children.

We talked about our ex pastor, who we both loved the same way. This evangelist had an amazing conversion from a past life, but, like a lot of us, sometimes struggled to 'walk the line'.
He was either right up there, or down in a pit. no in-between. Think that's why I connected to him so well, because we can relate to similar personalities.

He had a unique way of reaching the lost. Drug addicts, adulterers, and alcoholics flocked to him. The church was packed with the flotsam and jetsam of society, because he was so real about his struggles. People were actually delivered when he prayed for them.

The church eventually drove him out and he retired after years of working tirelessly. He was worn down, wearied. Teaching self righteous people about holiness really infuriates them.
Guess what? He was down, but he's far from out. He fought his way back. He's preaching again, even though he's way past retirement age!

You can't keep a 'godly' man down. Praise The Lord for His amazing transformation of the lost, and the wandering. He restores our souls! (Psalm 23)

The love that I have for these two wonderful men, is un-conditional. I will always love them, no matter what they may do to me. If they broke my heart. I would probably grieve forever, But the deep love would always be there.
Then I just realised, that's how much The Lord loves us, His children. He genuinely does love us.
He wants to gather us under His wings, like a hen gathers her chicks.

Thats real love...only wish we could love our enemies like that.

I can just imagine Jesus singing this song to His disciples, even to me, to us.

I will always love you-by whitney Houston

Unconditional love.

Just the reason why Jesus hung on the cross and paid our sin debt.
Why he sent us the Holy Spirit in his unconditional love that we might continue to grow in his love,peace,assurance,faith,ECT.

Not only is it an unconditional love as we have for our own children but it is an everlasting love. A love that will sustain us until we make it through this race,pass thru death and bow down at his feet and worship him!

Just had quite an emotional weekend, and bit of a revelation. I bumped into my childhood father figure, who used to run a Christian club. I was a lost, messed up little brat, but actually respected him like a good father. He loved me, just like I was his daughter. I will always love this man, for the rest of my life. He's one of the kindest, most genuine men, I've ever had the privilege of knowing. Not just with me, but the other children too. His ministry inspired me to want to be the same with little children.
The church eventually drove him out and he retired after years of working tirelessly. He was worn down, wearied. Teaching self righteous people about holiness really infuriates them. Guess what? He was down, but he's far from out. He fought his way back. He's preaching again, even though he's way past retirement age!

Hello Choose life;

Thank you for sharing your testimony, Unconditional love

I have a question. Was your childhood father figure the one the church drove out? Or are you referring to your former pastor, the one who bounced back and is preaching again?

God bless
you, sister.

Hello Choose life;

Thank you for sharing your testimony, Unconditional love

I have a question. Was your childhood father figure the one the church drove out? Or are you referring to your former pastor, the one who bounced back and is preaching again?

God bless
you, sister.
It just proved to me that I / we can love un-conditionally. Probably like a parent's love for their child. I don't have children, so never knew 'that' kind of agape love. Thought only God could love like that.
Just wondered how I could love my enemies in the same way ??

...only wish we could love our enemies like that...
Our so called enemies are people, places, things and situations that trigger fear in us. All fears stem from our false-self, or ego; which is only an identity that our mind created so it can make sense of itself. It's not a viable or valid truth of who we are, and the ego knows it. That is why it fears anything that may prove it to be invalid. Our primary fear is being judged negatively, followed by fear of rejection, segregation, abandonment and annihilation.

Our so called enemies actually remind us that we are still under the bondage of our false-self. That it is now time to test our own faith that we are truly 'okay' in Christ, regardless of what type of fear we have to face.

It is our enemies that brings us a gift to once again 'choose' to be Real, Authentic, Original, as we were before we became enslaved to our false identity, the ego-self. The only power we really have is 'choice'. And it is our enemies that remind us to make a better 'choice'.

Oddly enough, it is our so called friends who try to avoid being our enemy, and often without realizing it, keep us in bondage to serving their, and our own false-self, in fear of being judged negatively.

Fear is conditional. Fearlessness is unconditional. Truth will set us free from all our fears.
Our enemy has nothing to lose by being honest about us.

Hi Choose life
What a great post with a happy ending. Glad you bumped into your father figure.
I don't think that happened by chance.
God Bless you always dear Sister.
It was a God-incidence.
Ps. He used to teach us a song at school club, and I always remembered it, but for the last line. I recently asked The Lord to help me remember it.

guess what? I sang this song to my 'pop' last week, and he sang the entire song, including that last line I couldn't remember.
The line was
"His compassion are renewed every morning" 🎶
God is good...all the time

It was a God-incidence.
Ps. He used to teach us a song at school club, and I always remembered it, but for the last line. I recently asked The Lord to help me remember it.

guess what? I sang this song to my 'pop' last week, and he sang the entire song, including that last line I couldn't remember.
The line was
That was wonderful Choose life
God is amazing He answered your prayer so quickly. The Lord is with You.

Last edited:
Our so called enemies are people, places, things and situations that trigger fear in us. All fears stem from our false-self, or ego; which is only an identity that our mind created so it can make sense of itself. It's not a viable or valid truth of who we are, and the ego knows it. That is why it fears anything that may prove it to be invalid. Our primary fear is being judged negatively, followed by fear of rejection, segregation, abandonment and annihilation.
Our so called enemies actually remind us that we are still under the bondage of our false-self. That it is now time to test our own faith that we are truly 'okay' in Christ, regardless of what type of fear we have to face.
It is our enemies that brings us a gift to once again 'choose' to be Real, Authentic, Original, as we were before we became enslaved to our false identity, the ego-self. The only power we really have is 'choice'. And it is our enemies that remind us to make a better 'choice'.
Oddly enough, it is our so called friends who try to avoid being our enemy, and often without realizing it, keep us in bondage to serving their, and our own false-self, in fear of being judged negatively.
Fear is conditional. Fearlessness is unconditional. Truth will set us free from all our fears.
Our enemy has nothing to lose by being honest about us.

Hello Peter Luke;

I read your post carefully and can relate to the different instances you share regarding other people and myself. It seems by your writing that you have also related with others and yourself?

The part I underlined about the fear of being judged negatively, fear of rejection, segregation, abandonment and annihilation directs me to most of the people that cross my life daily, who are middle aged, senior and senior seniors, and to be honest some of them can be downright cruel and calloused. But I believe there is a deeper reason for this within them.

We all have adjustments that are needed in our character and behavior no matter our age.

Being a man of God, how do I respond? By loving them regardless of their disposition, and asking God daily to guard my heart and tongue, especially the ones I know well. It may not work the way I want because I want to be loved and liked. I feel as humans we all do.

But when we get a grip on God's Word, Unconditional Love equates to God's Agape Love. To me unconditional love is not easy, in fact it can be very hard toward other individuals, and even myself.

I feel it is the way to go. It's God's Word therefore we need to trust Him when it comes to people relationships and circumstances that cross our path. He promises to guide us in this ministry and He cannot fail.

How about the brother or sister who flat out doesn't like us? We have to choose between popularity of being liked, or loving and letting them go and going forward with Jesus. Like I said, it's not easy but it's always the right direction to take in our daily walk.

God bless you, Peter Luke and thank you for sharing.

I often pray for Glod to put love in my heart. Without I cannot forgive, with it God is the one that is doing it. I always pray for the person too and it becomes impossible to not forgive. After all I like to be forgiven.
We can actually grow to like the person if we look for a quality that er haven't got yourself. That is quite easy for me to find one.

I often pray for Glod to put love in my heart. Without I cannot forgive, with it God is the one that is doing it. I always pray for the person too and it becomes impossible to not forgive. After all I like to be forgiven.
We can actually grow to like the person if we look for a quality that er haven't got yourself. That is quite easy for me to find one.
Whenever you feel love from your heart, that love originally came from God even before you were born. This love within you is the Love that that loves you. As soon as you realize (allow into consciousness) and feel that tiny bit of love within, it will grow from within and move outwards to the world you walk through. We don't need love, we are love. It's only our false-self which did not come from love, but from fear, that needs love. Our true authentic, original self, our Being, is made from God's image (Love, Truth and Faith).

We are not here for self, but for the One that sent us. We are to be authentic, like the innocent child we once were, and radiate God's Love through the world we walk through. To be a witness that God has not abandoned us, but here on Earth, among all believers.

It was a God-incidence.

The line was

I'm really enjoying this thread. You know, this is one of those times when I would love to sit with everyone over coffee, tea and biscuits (cookies) and discuss unconditional love.

God bless you all!

It is easy to love unconditionally when we are loving the Love that loves us.

Everybody 'knows' this Love that loves them, even if they are in denial about it. After all, they have to 'know' what they are denying before they can deny it.

For most, their experience of this Love that loves them is regarded as just a tiny bit _ almost hidden under their veils of denial. Now, if they let themselves become softer, and soft, towards this tiny bit, they will be starting to love the Love that loves them. The softer they become the more they allow God's Love to be felt/expressed within their own heart and soul.

This tiny bit of unconditionality happens when you no longer care about yourself, only loving the Love that loves you.

One only has to be a tiny bit 'unconditional' for the floodgates of Unconditional Love to swing open in their heart and soul.

We ARE love. It is our authentic self _ Being - 'in God's image'. By loving the Love that loves us is to merge with God's Will for us, God's Grace.

Oh, He Loves us so. While we are loving the Love that loves us, our soul is 'Home' at that moment. And when we are Home, we bring Home to the world we walk through, fulfilling our purpose of being a witness to God's existence, that He is amongst us and through us, that God has NOT abandoned us at all.

Back