Union sans Fellowship

One can be in union with God without being in fellowship with Him, and such is the temporal condition of unbelieving Israel (concerning God’s Son, but not God – Jhn 14:1). They are “fallen” (Rom 11:12) and “broken off” (v 20) from fellowship, but not “cast away” (vs 1, 2) from union; which fellowship which will eventually be restored (11:23-29; Eze 36:27; Jer 30:22 – with the remaining non-Messianic Jews existing at the Lord’s return, during the Millennium), but they it will continue to be only as a “people of God” and their fellowship not involve the sonship relationship as it does for the Messianic Jews who believe in the Lord Jesus before His return (Jhn 20:29).

Our union with the Father is established within our union with Christ; but our fellowship with the Father and His Son is established gradually as we learn what’s involved; same as “living in the Spirit,” and eventually learning to “walk in the Spirit” (Gal 5:24). Though our greatest desire is fellowship with God, (and there is a level of fellowship as “babes in Christ”), it requires time for Him to teach us what is involved and meant concerning “fellowship in the Gospel” (Phl 1:5). As our knowledge and understanding grows in His Word, we draw near to Him in fellowship, which is the overall goal and purpose of everything!

Paul described Israel's restoration as a "mystery" (Rom 11:25). Only the believers in God prior to Christ’s coming were in union with Him, never those who did not believe in God.

Hello Netchaplain;

As I'm reading to understand more, please elaborate? Doesn't union with God less fellowship with Him the reason for the ups and downs with Messianic, non-Messianic, Believers and luke warm believers, throughout the history of our belief in God?

Union with God and fellowship with Him should equate with each other for a consistent relationship with our Lord.

God bless you and thank you for posting Union sans Fellowship.

Hello Netchaplain;

As I'm reading to understand more, please elaborate? Doesn't union with God less fellowship with Him the reason for the ups and downs with Messianic, non-Messianic, Believers and luke warm believers, throughout the history of our belief in God?

Union with God and fellowship with Him should equate with each other for a consistent relationship with our Lord.

God bless you and thank you for posting Union sans Fellowship.
I think where we are in our maturity concerning fellowship with God is directly commensurate with where we are in our exposure-time in His Word. As you can see, I continue to parallel the level of our "being conformed" (Rom 8:29) directly in relation to where our understanding and application is to God's Word. We can explain something according to how we understand it, but it can only be understood by those with a like understanding.

Many in present Christendom since 1900 are being "tossed" like the sea wave, "driven with the wind and tossed" (Jam 1:6). This is due to the prevalence of numerous false doctrines which have no "anchor for the soul" to grow in, of which is not of the Spirit. But this will not hinder Him from guiding them to the truths of Biblical doctrine.

Back