United For The GOSPEL

godbe4me

Unavailable
Staff Member on LOA
United For The Cause

Christian Women's Devotion on being United for the Gospel

Read: 1 Corinthians 1: 10- 17(NKJV)

Oh, how important it is to stand side by side united in our faith and the cause of Jesus. We are brothers and sisters in Christ. We should have the same purpose and goal in spreading the gospel. I know there can be many differences in the family of God, but to me, there seems to be a 'lot'. There is so much arguing and debating, and some of the things we argue over are trivial. Some issues we argue over we should be in agreement on. The watching world ends up confused or sees us as being divided. They may even look elsewhere! No one is going to respond to the gospel of Christ when all they see are differences in opinions.
One way to overcome this is to align our beliefs to the word of God. We've got to stop listening to the world and listen to the word. So much of our thinking can be conformed to the world's thinking, and then we find scripture to support it - but end up misinterpreting it and take it out of context.
Jesus wants us to be united. For by being united and standing side by side, we are stronger. We are the army of God. No army can fight victoriously when they are not united together for the same cause. They only end up wounding one another, likewise the church.
So let us be mindful of this and instead of arguing, encourage, edify and build up. Yes, there will be times when we need to speak the truth from God's word for correcting error - but in a spirit of love.

© By M.S.Lowndes

Only be sure as citizens so to conduct yourselves [that] your manner of life [will be] worthy of the good news (the Gospel) of Christ, so that whether I [do] come and see you or am absent, I may hear this of you: that you are standing firm in united spirit and purpose, striving side by side and contending with a single mind for the faith of the glad tidings (the Gospel). - Philippians 1: 27 (AMP)

Lord, help me when speaking the truth,
To do so with a measure of grace
Help me not to argue and debate
Bringing upon your name, disgrace.

© By M.S.Lowndes

Back