Unobjectionable Objects

Oct 8, 2011
Winfield, Mo.
Are you maintaining a clear conscience (1Ti 3:9)? If not, we are not giving the Lord Jesus the glory for it! There is no reason for a saint to allow the oppositions (self, Satan and society) to produce guilt in ones thoughts. God knows the believer’s objective is ever to “please” Him, because this is the very thing He “works” in them (Phl 2:13); and Christ’s expiation for our sin is for the purpose of being at complete peace concerning all that may attempt to bring guilt to the mind. There is never a time a believer isn’t forgiven (1Jn 1:9), nor forsaken (Heb 13:5).
NC

Unobjectionable Objects

The Christian is planted in the Lord Jesus before the Father, and has a holy, loving, life and nature. But besides this, there is a positive relationship formed; and that union, in which we are brought to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, is nothing less than being sons according to the pattern, the life and nature of the risen Son.

As the eternal Son of the Father, none could have such a place with Him (e.g. relationship as a Son “from everlasting to everlasting”—NC). The very thought would be repulsive to the renewed mind. But the Lord Jesus is pleased to call us His brethren when He rose from the dead, and not before (Heb 2:11; Rom 8:29). It is on earth, the scene of our sins, where we had been servants of Satan; it is here that, through faith in Christ we leave behind all that we were, and enter into this blessed and glorious, most intimate relationship with our Father.

But then if He chooses according to His nature and holiness, He has predetermined us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ Himself. So that now we find the special privilege and glorious relationship of sons before the Father in His presence by Jesus Christ. He might not have done it, but it was “according to the good pleasure of His will” (Eph 1:5).

Here is a peculiar display of His pleasure, and therefore He puts them in this blessed position, “to the praise of the glory of His grace through which He hath made us accepted in the Beloved” (Jesus – Eph 1:6—NC). “Accepted” is rather a moderate word to express what is meant here. It is not what persons doctrinally call acceptance, which is rather more of the nature of reconciliation. But here there is the fullness of divine favor, which goes far beyond mere acceptance.

In short, the Father makes us objects of favor according to all that is in His heart (after all, we are the sole being after His image—NC), and in order that this should be most fully brought out, He says, “in the Beloved,” not merely “in Christ.” There was one object that satisfied the Father, that met every thought, every desire of His heart; and this was His Beloved Son, the One beloved, of course, in a sense in which no creature could be so in itself. In order to bless us fully, the Father has made us objects of His favor in His Beloved One, and all is “to the praise of the glory of His grace.”

This takes in all the heights and depths of His grace who is the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, blessing us in Him. In fact, He could go no farther! Could He show favor to anyone so much as to His Son? Just so, He loves and blesses us (love us as much as He loves His Son—NC). He could not do more, and He will not do less (the Father could have come but it’s the greatest sacrifice sending His Son—NC). He has risen up to the fullest character of love and blessing in the grace wherewith He regards us in His Beloved.

—William Kelly (1821-1906)

MJS daily devotional excerpt for May 9

“It is quite possible for every one of us to have a perfectly good conscience (all is always forgiven—NC). A happy state to be in! Have you a good conscience? Are you under accusation, under condemnation? Are you fretting and worrying about the badness of your own heart? That means that you have not the answer of a good conscience to God. What is the matter? You are still looking for something from nature, from the old man. You had better give it up, as that is the only way out; repudiate it. -Theodore Austin-Sparks (1888–1971)
(more: http://www.abideabove.com/hungry-heart/)

Reactions: Dave F.
“It is quite possible for every one of us to have a perfectly good conscience (all is always forgiven—NC). A happy state to be in! Have you a good conscience? Are you under accusation, under condemnation? Are you fretting and worrying about the badness of your own heart? That means that you have not the answer of a good conscience to God.
Oh my goodness.... This is so profound.

Here is a peculiar display of His pleasure, and therefore He puts them in this blessed position, “to the praise of the glory of His grace through which He hath made us accepted in the Beloved” (Jesus – Eph 1:6—NC). “Accepted” is rather a moderate word to express what is meant here. It is not what persons doctrinally call acceptance, which is rather more of the nature of reconciliation. But here there is the fullness of divine favor, which goes far beyond mere acceptance.
I am going to spend the rest of the week pondering.... DELIGHTING in... PRAISING HIM for this AMAZING TRUTH
I AM accepted in the BELOVED.... WOW.

Sadly... I spent 20 years searching for the REAL JESUS.... and because of deep trauma as a child and very poor choices as an adult... I lived in and with constant guilt and shame. I wish I could state that once I decided to become a Christian that EVERYTHING changed for me... but the reality is that it did NOT change at all for a great many years. I was plagued with SEVERE CHRONIC DEPRESSION for my entire adult life. NOTHING seemed able to convince me that I was WORTHY of being loved... and YET... I so NEEDED to feel wanted... and cherished.

It wasn't until 3 years ago ( this summer ) that EVERYTHING changed in a moment. God somehow saw fit to reveal Himself to me... and on top of that... He ensured that I KNEW beyond the shadow of a doubt that HE LOVED me deeply. From that moment on.... ALL the lies I had been fed and believed were destroyed. Guilt and shame shrivelled up at the command of ALMIGHTY GOD.... and in their place.... HE planted JOY to overflowing. I am so BLESSED.... because I can truly state that I have a perfectly good conscience. and oh how GLORIOUS.

Thank you for this AMAZING teaching netchaplain. It's a sunny day outside... I am going to play in the garden... and I am going to ponder on the MAGNIFICENCE of your teaching.

Reactions: bobinfaith
Oh my goodness.... This is so profound. I am going to spend the rest of the week pondering.... DELIGHTING in... PRAISING HIM for this AMAZING TRUTH I AM accepted in the BELOVED.... WOW. Sadly... I spent 20 years searching for the REAL JESUS.... and because of deep trauma as a child and very poor choices as an adult... I lived in and with constant guilt and shame. I wish I could state that once I decided to become a Christian that EVERYTHING changed for me... but the reality is that it did NOT change at all for a great many years. I was plagued with SEVERE CHRONIC DEPRESSION for my entire adult life. NOTHING seemed able to convince me that I was WORTHY of being loved... and YET... I so NEEDED to feel wanted... and cherished. It wasn't until 3 years ago ( this summer ) that EVERYTHING changed in a moment. God somehow saw fit to reveal Himself to me... and on top of that... He ensured that I KNEW beyond the shadow of a doubt that HE LOVED me deeply. From that moment on.... ALL the lies I had been fed and believed were destroyed. Guilt and shame shrivelled up at the command of ALMIGHTY GOD.... and in their place.... HE planted JOY to overflowing. I am so BLESSED.... because I can truly state that I have a perfectly good conscience. and oh how GLORIOUS. Thank you for this AMAZING teaching netchaplain. It's a sunny day outside... I am going to play in the garden... and I am going to ponder on the MAGNIFICENCE of your teaching.

Good morning, In Awe of Him;

May I ask? I have heard of chronic depression but what are the beginning, ongoing and ending symptoms (the physical?) One of my mentor pastors is a men's and marriage counselor. There were a couple of times I would take a written survey to see if I had depression before my session with him. Fortunately it was negative.

If you don't want to respond to a sensitive question I understand.

God bless you, In Awe of Him.

May I ask? I have heard of chronic depression but what are the beginning, ongoing and ending symptoms (the physical?) One of my mentor pastors is a men's and marriage counselor. There were a couple of times I would take a written survey to see if I had depression before my session with him. Fortunately it was negative.
This is a complex issue.... and I am not at all sensitive to your question.

There are many factors to TRUE depression... and when I say that... I mean not just normal grief.

I was first hospitalized at the age of 19 ( psychiatric ward ). This is when I received my formal diagnosis. Over my life time... I have been hospitalized on numerous occassions over my adult life. The last time was in 2008 and it's there that I FEEL I received my first thorough and proper diagnosis. I was diagnosed with SEVERE CHRONIC DEPRESSION and DYSTHYMIA ( which is a constant low-grade sadness that never leaves ). The Chronic depression would manifest itself in around December of every year... and remain with me until about the spring. It was almost like clockwork. Combined with the dysthymia... these were the times that were most concerning because it was really difficult to cope. That is a basic definition of what I was diagnosed with.

The true definition of depression is that it manifests without cause or reason. It is a severe sadness that will not wash away. To make matters worse... I was what was labelled as medication-resistant ... so NOTHING touched it. I had no reprieve of this terrible sorrow that I constantly felt. NO JOY. In all honesty... I have no idea how I managed to hang on without any attempts of ending my life. I will state that God seems to have imputed in my spirit that HE created me and ONLY HE can take me. I am so thankful for that today.

This is what makes my HEALING so AMAZING... because that day at the lake.... all the depression was INSTANTLY removed once I understood that GOD was truly the God of the bible.... and when I say THAT.... I mean... it was revealed to me supernaturally that the BIBLE is indeed GOD BREATHED... which means... GOD is exactly who HE claims to be. That was my biggest struggle Bob.... not quite sure if God was all the things people claimed He was. Once that was confirmed... everything else fell into place INSTANTLY... and from that knowledge came an INSTANT healing of my depression. Once I knew that HE truly LOVED me... this is when I FELT for the first time... like a NEW CREATION. I was given the gift of JOY to overflowing... and a child-like wonder.

I am continually in a state of AWE... and it is the most WONDERFUL... AMAZING gift of all. I did not understand that I had been healed until about a year later. When I did not get my usual bout of depression that year... or the next year... I KNEW that I had been healed.

My testimony regarding this experience/event ( because there was an actual event ) is a miracle. I never asked to be healed... and after decades of suffering... I got to the point where I just accepted my lot in life. I was never angry with God... I knew that BASICS of the fact that He was good and JUST. I simply figured that this life was a write off for me. I have not once ASKED for Him to take me since that day. I still get excited at the prospect of dying... but I have been convinced that I have a future and a purpose.

I hope this answers your question.... I believe that genetics plays a role in depression... My mother suffered with depression and my father was un-diagnosed ( I am quite sure that he was a socio-path ) He had no remorse for his behaviour... and he was anti-social. He hung himself when I was pregnant with my daughter ( 31 years ago ). He had not been in my life since I was 14... and for a brief time in my early 20's.. He just did not want to be a dad.

I am so blessed to be SO BLESSED. None of my past hurts me anymore. I am at total peace with everything that has transpired. I can see so clearly that GOD had me in the palm of His loving hand through it all.

Oh my goodness.... This is so profound.
God gives us a deeper receptiveness and understanding of Him when we learn patience in our trials. Patience, like faith never goes backwards but continues forward unto more increased reception and understanding of God and His will and mind. I'm quite joyful with you in your blessings, and thank you for letting me know of them! They will continue via our trials and victories--hardness and trust in knowing everything is for our betterment (Rom 8:28). Regardless of what we think, He always brings us through to Him and His peace, and enduring "hardness" (2Ti 2:3) is what causes spiritual growth in Christ's "image" more than anything (Rom 8:29; 2Co 3:18; Eph 4:15).
I was plagued with SEVERE CHRONIC DEPRESSION for my entire adult life. NOTHING seemed able to convince me that I was WORTHY of being loved... and YET... I so NEEDED to feel wanted... and cherished.
Your situation is the same for many who truly seek God, though many will not endure this depth of hardness that God brought you through; but He was always there, and taught you the deliverance that is through only Christ. Concerning our worthiness, the Lord Jesus makes us "worthy" (1Co 11:27; 2Th 1:5, 11).

• Love
Reactions: bobinfaith