Return Trip From Japan 1

bobinfaith

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Dear brothers and sisters;

Has anyone traveled to Japan? If so, what was your experience, places visited or favorite foods?

I have only been to Tokyo when connecting a flight to my final destination.

My wife, nephews 19 and 17, niece 24 and I are traveling there next month. I wasn't excited at first but since we are getting closer to leaving I'm looking forward to going.

We'll be in Tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto.

I will be grateful to learn more about your experience or suggestions you may have.

God bless you all. 😎 🙏

I've only been to Nagoya airport on stopover and stayed one night at hotel. This was many years ago and they had high tech toilets that had lots of buttons on them, and doors that opened with a swipe card. Of course I was totally lost and technologically backward. I didn't even have a cellphone back then.

I didn't know the language and had to point to a lot of things. If you like seafood, you'll like Japan and you can have it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Be prepared for everything to be tiny and crammed in but orderly and efficient. It is the nation of bonsai trees and origami!

If I were to go there on a trip, I'd see the gardens, peach blossoms, and eat a lot!
Children know it as the origin of manga comics, pokemon, dragonball z, Hello Kitty, ninjas...
Adults might go for the reiki, Marie Kondo sparking joy by tidying up, the Japanese cars, traditional geisha/tea ceremonies, climb Mt Fuji, and karaoke, sumo wrestlers...

There are not many churches/christian presence in Japan, unlike Korea and China (which is underground) so be warned. Maybe take a few manga Bibles (in Japanese?) to share for those curious. Japan is a lot of Islands and has a similar volcanic geography to New Zealand, so we do have a few ties with them. They have suffered from earthquakes like we have but more tsunamis are the danger there.

I have never been to Japan. One of my favourite restaurants here in Manchester was a Japanese one. The fiid was delicious and they even cooked vegetarian too. Hope you all have a great time. Hope you take some photos 😊
God Bless

Hello CFS family;

Thank you for your prayers while we were visiting Japan. We visited Osaka, Nara, Kyoto, Nagoya and Tokyo.

While there we experienced how polite the people were and I also discerned some were not personable but very courteous. We visited the temples, shrines and statues and witnessed people praying to their god by clapping their hands, then holding them together to pray followed by pulling a rope to make the bell clang. We took pictures of deer coming up to us to be fed crackers and fish swimming up to be fed. Here are photos to share with you;

Attachments

• Deers Gathering 1.jpg
    Deers Gathering 1.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Deers Gathering 2.jpg
    Deers Gathering 2.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Deers Gathering 3.jpg
    Deers Gathering 3.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 5
  • Fish Gathering 1.jpg
    Fish Gathering 1.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Fish Gathering 2.JPG
    Fish Gathering 2.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 5
Wow, is the wildlife similar to America? I think you have deer too?
In NZ we originally didn't have deer, but someone introduced them to the South Island and now they run wild.
Did you see Mount Fuji? What was the food like..?

Wow, is the wildlife similar to America? I think you have deer too?
In NZ we originally didn't have deer, but someone introduced them to the South Island and now they run wild.
Did you see Mount Fuji? What was the food like..?
Hello Lanolin;

Here is post of photos from Mount Fuji. Enjoy!

It was incredible. So many deer coming up to us. There was some safe snacks to feed them that cost 150 yen converts to $1.10.

Where we live (San Francisco Peninsula) the deer don't come out in the parks or lakes like Japan.

God bless you, sister.

Back