Virtue list

Via dolarossa

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Secretary
Hello brothers and sisters

I’m currently looking at a virtues / Christian character traits to strengthen in my walk with the lord. Maybe try one a month and see where it goes... I’m not sure how to do this but
it came from the Spirit so I’m excited.
Can any of you brothers and sisters give me a heads up on ones to cultivate?
I’m doing well with patience and creativity so could do with a couple more.
( especially if you have Lordy insights into ones I could do with🥴

Hi Via,
What I've been working on goes along with patience, I'm trying to either not get angry, even when provoked, and if I do get angry how to best deal with it. Last year I created 2 very unfortunate situations for myself by blowing my stack at 2 people. In both cases the anger was considered only normal and right from the world's pov. But as a Christian I feel I'm supposed to be above how people of the world behave. I think I'm making progress with this but I have to keep reminding myself that even when the anger isn't a sin, yelling & screaming never accomplishes anything worth while.

3 His divine power has given us everything required for life and godliness through the knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 4 By these he has given us very great and precious promises, so that through them you may share in the divine nature, escaping the corruption that is in the world because of evil desire.

5 For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with goodness, goodness with knowledge, 6 knowledge with self-control, self-control with endurance, endurance with godliness, 7 godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love.

8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being useless or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

9 The person who lacks these things is blind and shortsighted and has forgotten the cleansing from his past sins. 10 Therefore, brothers and sisters, make every effort to confirm your calling and election, because if you do these things you will never stumble.

[
2 Peter 1:3-10 CSB]

3 His divine power has given us everything required for life and godliness through the knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 4 By these he has given us very great and precious promises, so that through them you may share in the divine nature, escaping the corruption that is in the world because of evil desire.

5 For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with goodness, goodness with knowledge, 6 knowledge with self-control, self-control with endurance, endurance with godliness, 7 godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love.

8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being useless or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

9 The person who lacks these things is blind and shortsighted and has forgotten the cleansing from his past sins. 10 Therefore, brothers and sisters, make every effort to confirm your calling and election, because if you do these things you will never stumble.

[

Hi AtomicSnowflake;

Thank you for sharing these Scriptures. God's Word is saying to us that even though we may fall, we may get mud on our virtues and Christian character as Via was questioning, but that doesn't mean we are permanently doomed. Verse 9 allows us to get back on our feet after repenting and God will renew our calling and election including the virtues and Christian character built up in us.

God bless you and your family.

[
Hey I needed that...thanks!
I’m finding self control harder than patience lol.
Well no wonder, apparently it comes
before endurance.
What does the bible actually mean by goodness? If I were to answer that I’d say it mean something I find desirable.

does the bible say goodness means that?

Back