Vista Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Vista Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

We have Vista now and there are some features I don't like.

For example on my Desktop most all of my shortcuts register a large E
instead of a personal Icon or Avatar:confused:Even CFS is a large E.

The second is having to register and put in a password for the 5 Identities I have. Is there anyway I can change this.:confused:

Mar 24, 2009
Mississippi Gulf Coast

The second is having to register and put in a password for the 5 Identities I have. Is there anyway I can change this.:confused:
I can't help you with your questions, but I feel your pain.

I can't stand Vista and neither can hubby.

Did you recently buy your computer? I know that the new Windows software is coming out on October 22nd and most places where you buy computers, are offering a free upgrade when it comes out. You might want to check with where you purchased the computer if it was recently.

Blessings, Cheri

HisManySongs

Administrator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
USA
I think Micro$oft has a patch for the virus called Vista - they're calling in Windows 7.

Sep 19, 2007
Gridley Ca.
Huh, I have Vista on my laptop and I like it better then XP. haven't had a single problem with it. :)

I don't know how to help with your "E" problem but I was thinking with the password part, when it asks to put in a password can you leave it blank so there is no password? Just tossing out ideas.

Feb 23, 2008
Ukraine, L'viv
Interesting for me to know -- are you using licensed OS? Because what about Ukraine, people (and even companies) mostly use "pirate" versions of OS, MS Office etc.

Aug 23, 2009
Oregon
I have vista on my laptop and have no problems at all...all my shortcuts are icons..have never seen the E thing.

There is a way to change it so that you do not need a password, though i would not recommend it..the passwords are to protect your computer..especially if you have multiple users.

Jan 27, 2010
Iowa
You can right click a shortcut and go to properties - change icon - to change the icon. It sounds like you have website shortcuts on your desktop and the E is blue and represents a website to be opened in Internet Explorer.

You can also right click a shortcut and rename it. The name sometimes is more useful than the icon graphic.

Nov 21, 2009
New York

i can't answer :[
my vista laptop broke 4 times.
vista was awesome in the beginning, but then it turned started randomly breaking. (i've only had it for 3 years!) i sincerely hope that you have better luck with this one!
it's always a stress when my laptop breaks!