Vulnerable Exposure

Have you ever dreamed you went to school in your underwear? Most of us have because our subconscious knows that are inadequacies are on display in school and thereby is reflected in physical exposure. No one wants anyone to know every part of them physically or otherwise. But when we are willing to expose our true character to one another we reflect a primary aspect of love, which is vulnerability. When I tell you my inadequacies I leave room for improvement and the façade has been torn down.

Scary stuff in a time where we can appear to know it all. If someone asks a question here I can Google a response and become an instant expert on the matter. But if I say I don't know the answer or am willing to cite the source where I captured the knowledge I show that I too am just a human trying to get to Heaven but stuck on earth. I have resolved that when my short-comings are exposed here I will just own them so that those who care for me will put me in their prayers and will be better equipped to guide me toward becoming a better form of myself through the Wisdom of God.

I encourage you to also be real here and let's lift each other up just as we are until there is conviction of needed change.

CPerkins

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Dec 5, 2020
Seattle, WA
Fellowship is and opportunity to share and build one another up. I do believe that sharing our weaknesses can be a good thing especially in a general way. Somethings probably are best shared between individuals were trust has been established.

I have many shortcomings myself that have caused me grief at times. I thank God for his love and forgiveness and his wonderful power in that he causes all things to work together for good in spite of ourselves.

God wants us to walk in a Spirit of Truth.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. (KJV)

I desire to walk in that way because that it is the way of God. Satan is the author of deception. The Holy Spirit makes it possible to walk in that way though we all stumble from time to time. Thankfully God is there to pick us up.

cp

bobinfaith

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Feb 15, 2010
Daly City, California
www.livingstoneministries.com
Have you ever dreamed you went to school in your underwear? Most of us have because our subconscious knows that are inadequacies are on display in school and thereby is reflected in physical exposure. No one wants anyone to know every part of them physically or otherwise. But when we are willing to expose our true character to one another we reflect a primary aspect of love, which is vulnerability. When I tell you my inadequacies I leave room for improvement and the façade has been torn down.

Scary stuff in a time where we can appear to know it all. If someone asks a question here I can Google a response and become an instant expert on the matter. But if I say I don't know the answer or am willing to cite the source where I captured the knowledge I show that I too am just a human trying to get to Heaven but stuck on earth. I have resolved that when my short-comings are exposed here I will just own them so that those who care for me will put me in their prayers and will be better equipped to guide me toward becoming a better form of myself through the Wisdom of God.

I encourage you to also be real here and let's lift each other up just as we are until there is conviction of needed change.

Hello Nazarene Servant;

Personally, I understand your point and thank you for your honesty.

I want to encourage all that God loves us, He knows and understands us better than we know and understand ourselves.

Along the way we're going to get mud on our shirt (all those shortcomings), which is why we ought to pray for each other and ourselves, incessantly.

Prayer breeds iron sharpening iron. Iron sharpening iron breeds prayer. Men of God breed men of God. Women of God breed women of God.

In my personal prayer of desperation regarding all the weaknesses I see of myself in the mirror, I turn to Luke 18:7-8, 7 And will not God give justice to his elect, who cry to him day and night? Will he delay long over them? 8 I tell you, he will give justice to them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?”

To quote Bill Elliff, "For most, prayer is fueled by desperation." And, there is a sense in which our prayers should never lose this urgency." "God is looking for people who will pray and not faint."

When we faint, we expose the emotional breakdown of constant lamenting, bemoaning and unhappiness. This is unhealthy fuel.

"The problem we have is not His unwillingness to answer, but our unwillingness to persevere in incessant prayer." - quote Bill Elliff.

With incessant prayer becomes healthy fuel and trickles unto our relationships and support for each other. God picks us up, holds us up and builds us up in our daily walk with Jesus.

God bless you, Sam, and your family.

© 2018 by Bill Elliff Prayer With No Intermission 40 Days to Unceasing Prayer
Publisher : TruthINK Publications; 1st edition (September 11, 2018)