and he answered me.”
Psalm 120:1

There is an old saying,
It’s better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Waiting on God is like that:
It’s better to have prayed and not receive the answer we want
than never to have prayed at all.”
Anon.

When I read this, I'm reminded of this wonderful promise that we have as Christians.

Psalm 34:17
The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.

cp

I agree. But we have a part in all this: To put our complete faith and trust in Jesus, the Christ.
Only through His sacrifice on the cross, and our faith in Him could we ever qualify to have
life everlasting in with our loving God forever and ever.
Bob

I agree.

John9:31
Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

Hebrews 10:36
For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

We need patience and need to do God's will. God rarely tells us the how or when of his any of his promises.

cp

I agree.

John9:31
Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

Hebrews 10:36
For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

We need patience and need to do God's will. God rarely tells us the how or when of his any of his promises.

cp
For many of us, having any degree of "patience" is difficult indeed.
Our motto is: "I want it...and I want it NOW!"
But then, that leaves God out of the equation.
Therefore, to continue to hold out for what we think we need can be fruitless indeed.:(

Difficult yes ....

And when you ask for it I can tell you with certainty that God hears. I suspect I'll have many more lessons in patience before God's done with me. One lesson was 4 1/2 years long. Most are much shorter in my experience. Thankfully these lessons involve many things at once.

Sometimes I'm not sure I'm going to survive my character flaws.:(

But God is patient and very helpful. :) It just that sometimes I might ask for a little less help right now.
I can imagine God's laugh. :)

cp

Difficult yes ....

And when you ask for it I can tell you with certainty that God hears. I suspect I'll have many more lessons in patience before God's done with me. One lesson was 4 1/2 years long. Most are much shorter in my experience. Thankfully these lessons involve many things at once.

Sometimes I'm not sure I'm going to survive my character flaws.:(

But God is patient and very helpful. :) It just that sometimes I might ask for a little less help right now.
I can imagine God's laugh. :)

cp
Pride is one of my "character flaws" as well.
In a sense, by my actions, I am saying to God..."I can handle this trial". But with my "I can" approach, I can almost hear God laughing at this frail human saying, he's got everything under control.

Back