Watching What You Buy

Although this isn't humorous, per se, and I'm sure the large corporation would say that this was just a mistake, but it's one that costs the consumer, and it does exist on a level of humor as to just how much we blindly trust mass marketing practices, the "mistakes" of which go mostly unnoticed by most non-critical thinkers!

Hello Musicmaster;

Aside from what we pay for food, we also pay $5.55 per gallon for gasoline. As we were driving home from Christmas Eve service we noticed on the freeway motorists are still driving @ 80 - 90 miles per hour. I don't know if they're aware of how much they pay for gas, or just don't care once they're behind the wheel.

I'm still happy when all I have to eat is a can of pork and beans with onions. For me that is a meal and it's cheap. lol!

Happy New Year, brother.

Hello Musicmaster;

Aside from what we paid for food, we also pay $5.55 per gallon for gasoline. As we were driving home from Christmas Eve service we noticed on the freeway motorists are still driving @ 80 - 90 miles per hour. I don't know if they're aware of how much they pay for gas, or just don't care once they're behind the wheel.

I'm still happy when all I have to eat is a can of pork and beans with onions. For me that is a meal and it's cheap. lol!

Happy New Year, brother.

That's a good point about them driving so much faster, which uses more fuel.

Now, I'm not saying that I really want to be one, but I've often fancied myself a psychoanalyst with my own practice, and on the wall with my diploma is a steering wheel with the placard beneath it decrying just how powerful that one device is in changing personalities. It's amazing the personality change that takes place when people get behind a wheel!

Now, granted, I've often noticed how some people walk and push shopping carts with great aggression as well, but when they do so in the way they drive, that's what makes shopping that much more dangerous! One almost needs lower leg and ankle armor in Wal-Mart to protect against the way some of these people even walk!

Sheesh!

MM

Back