What’s the meaning of receiving mark of the beast and of not being able to buy or sell?

The following in Revelations 13:16:17 says:

It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

I think that receiving the mark on your forehead or right hand isn‘t literal. I think it means getting to a point to where you will be working for the devil and there might not be coming back from that. Behind the forehead is the brain with which we plan and etc, so therefore having brains engaged in working for the devil. Right hand is normally the hand with which most of us do writing with for instance, therefore using it to work for the devil.

As for not being able to buy or sell unless you receive the mark. Again not totally literal maybe. I just don’t think perhaps that you’ll do well financially.

What’s others opinion?

Thanks

Dear Peki;

To quote Theologian and Lutheran Minister Joseph Seiss, “There is a supernatural power which is against God and truth, as well as one for God and truth. A miracle, simply as a work of wonder, is not necessarily of God. There has always been a devilish supernaturalism in the world, running alongside of the supernaturalism of divine grace and salvation.”

Revelation 13:16-17 is an example of signs and wonders, regardless, as Christians we are discipled to question miracles whether they're revealed as God's sovereignty and Agape love. In Revelation 13:16-17 are counter miracles that deceive.

In my personal study and desire to be a doer of following Christ, I don't always know the literal, but I do feel its more important as Christians to take on the responsibility to question, are these miracles from our God of the Bible? If not, then we must always stand firm against sin.

Thank you, Peki, for sharing this topic. God bless you and your family.

It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

I think that receiving the mark on your forehead or right hand isn‘t literal. I think it means getting to a point to where you will be working for the devil and there might not be coming back from that. Behind the forehead is the brain with which we plan and etc, so therefore having brains engaged in working for the devil. Right hand is normally the hand with which most of us do writing with for instance, therefore using it to work for the devil.

As for not being able to buy or sell unless you receive the mark. Again not totally literal maybe. I just don’t think perhaps that you’ll do well financially.

What’s others opinion?

Thanks

Revelation 13:16-17. ……..
“He required everyone—small and great, rich and poor, free and slave—to be given a mark on the right hand or on the forehead. And no one could buy or sell anything without that mark, which was either the name of the beast or the number representing his name”

Now why would you reject the Word of God???

The Word of God says that the Mark of the Beast is a literal mark. WHAT is a MARK???
A MARK is imprint--stamp--scratch or etching, a stamp or graven work to identify someone or something.

Do you believe that the Satan written about in the Revelation is a literal being?

Do you believe that the Anti-Christ will be a literal being?

Do you believe that the false Prophet will be a literal being?

In Revelation 13:16-17 the Jerusalem Bible (as well as the New English Bible) both state that the mark of the beast will be “branded” on human beings, while the Living Bible declares that the mark of the beast will be “tattooed”.

I suggest that instead of rejecting the Scriptures, try spending some time trying to find out what the Mark will actually be..

I suggest that the 1st thing to study is the UPC Universal Bar Code and try to find if there is the number "666" somewhere in those Bar Codes.

Revelation 13:16-17. ……..
“He required everyone—small and great, rich and poor, free and slave—to be given a mark on the right hand or on the forehead. And no one could buy or sell anything without that mark, which was either the name of the beast or the number representing his name”

Now why would you reject the Word of God???

The Word of God says that the Mark of the Beast is a literal mark. WHAT is a MARK???
A MARK is imprint--stamp--scratch or etching, a stamp or graven work to identify someone or something.

Do you believe that the Satan written about in the Revelation is a literal being?

Do you believe that the Anti-Christ will be a literal being?

Do you believe that the false Prophet will be a literal being?

In Revelation 13:16-17 the Jerusalem Bible (as well as the New English Bible) both state that the mark of the beast will be “branded” on human beings, while the Living Bible declares that the mark of the beast will be “tattooed”.

I suggest that instead of rejecting the Scriptures, try spending some time trying to find out what the Mark will actually be..

I suggest that the 1st thing to study is the UPC Universal Bar Code and try to find if there is the number "666" somewhere in those Bar Codes.

Thanks Major. I do believe in the literal existence of the satan and the rest.

I have afew questions: Do you believe that mark must be literally on the right hand or forehead? Do you think that we live in the end days right now? What is meant by not being able to buy or sell?

Thanks

I have afew questions: Do you believe that mark must be literally on the right hand or forehead? Do you think that we live in the end days right now? What is meant by not being able to buy or sell?

Thanks

Now help me out.

You said in your 1st post...……..
"I think that receiving the mark on your forehead or right hand isn‘t literal. I think it means getting to a point to where you will be working for the devil and there might not be coming back from that."

Just now you said...…...
"I do believe in the literal existence of the satan and the rest."

Remember that I am an old man and I have a GPS attached to my arm so I can find my way home after a walk around the block.

Which one of those comments are we going to stand on?????

Do I think that we are in the end times right now??????

Now, tha last days actually began when Jesus died so YES. But I think you are asking if the days we live in now are the last days.
Again I think the answer is YES.

IMHO, God's prophetic time clock started again on May 14, 1948. That was the day that the Promised land was given to the Jews by the United Nations. That ONE event then allows everything you read in the Revelation and the book of Daniel to take place just as it is written.

What is meant by "Not being able to buy and sell"?????

It means exactly what it says. If you are alive during the 7 year Tribulation, and you do not have the mark of the beast on your head or hand, you then will not be able to buy food and water or anything else.

If you will look into it, you will see that that has already happened in WW2 when Jews had to wear the Star of David. That identified them as Jews and then they could not buy anythng in Germany.

I need to buy books for the library, but it all depends on the budget I am given..so finally got the budget, and then could I buy books? Well no because the account had to be then approved. It needs to be stamped!

If I wasn't able to buy any books, with no budget, maybe I could sell something like old books and use those funds to buy new ones? Oh but no that wouldn't be allowed too. I would need to be registered book seller wouldn't I?

So maybe I need to have the mark of the beast?

My solution was if I could do neither, I would need to depend on what books we already had, charity, borrowing from others or make my own books.
Making my own books is kinda fun but I am not sure the children want to read every single story written by me.

Thanks

You asked......
"What is meant by not being able to buy or sell?"

IMO, the UPC Bar Code system has made this prophecy able to be fulfilled. The last time I looked into this, the WORLD WIDE acceptance of buying and selling goods through the UPC system was 92%.If I am correct, the percentage would be more like 99%. That means the number placed on the body of those who follow the A/C would be more valualable than cash.

In the past I come across while reading about Solomon the following:

1 Kings 10:14 The weight of the gold that Solomon received yearly was 666 talents, 15 not including the revenues from merchants and traders and from all the Arabian kings and the governors of the territories.

I suppose whoever knows about Solomon, knows that he didn’t end the way God wanted him to.

In the past I come across while reading about Solomon the following:

1 Kings 10:14 The weight of the gold that Solomon received yearly was 666 talents, 15 not including the revenues from merchants and traders and from all the Arabian kings and the governors of the territories.

I suppose whoever knows about Solomon, knows that he didn’t end the way God wanted him to.

No he did not.

The 666 talents of gold was his income for one year.

I do not know what it is though that you are asking or making a point of.

This Scripture has nothing to do with the theme of your thread. Care to elaborate?

Well 666 is the number of a man.
Possibly the man was Solomon if you want to make that link.
The seal of solomon was actually the hexagram, that was used to mark Jews in the holocaust (called by some the star of david). It's two triangles on top of each other each sides adding to 666. It's also the symbol on the Israeli flag. But its been used by the Zionists and is also a symbol used in divination.

My opinion is the hexagram has been used as a mark and is still in use as a mark.

Thanks

Dear Peki........are you still with us?????/

You suggested that you had several questions to ask but I have not seen anything from you in a long time.

Dear Peki........are you still with us?????/

You suggested that you had several questions to ask but I have not seen anything from you in a long time.

Yes, I’m still around Major, I’m just a bit lethargic lately.

Thanks

Yes, I’m still around Major, I’m just a bit lethargic lately.

Thanks

Great! I thought you had gone fishing and fell in.

Believe me when I say that I also know that feeling.

I pray that you will be lifted up, energized and get back to what you love to do!

The Revelation chapter 1 names seven churches and commands to write to the angel of each church. All seven named churches are Jewish synagogues. Each synagogue has a mail clerk called "the messenger", which is what "angel" means. The book contains many Jewish figures of speech, that is why it is hard to understand. The book is addressed to Jews.

Christians will all be in heaven attending the wedding supper of the lamb while those adventures are playing out down on Earth. So there is nothing in that book that applies to Christians.

The Revelation chapter 1 names seven churches and commands to write to the angel of each church. All seven named churches are Jewish synagogues. Each synagogue has a mail clerk called "the messenger", which is what "angel" means. The book contains many Jewish figures of speech, that is why it is hard to understand. The book is addressed to Jews.

Christians will all be in heaven attending the wedding supper of the lamb while those adventures are playing out down on Earth. So there is nothing in that book that applies to Christians.

Agreed. Thank you for the comments.

It would also be helpful for those reading our comments to understand that the book of Matthew was written to the Jews as well.

In both Matthew and the Revelation, Everything the Lord said was associated with Israel and concerned God’s judgment and how to obtain salvation during those seven years of Tribulation.

However.....because the context demands one thing it does not mean that the truths found therein can not be applied to us as individuals.

The example would be in Matthew 11:28 when Jesus said.................
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

That is an eternal truth that would apply to every single individual no matter his faith or color or location.

You do not have to read much of the Revelation to understand that the coming of the Lord and Armageddon is centered in Israel and is focused on the the Jews. However, it is just as clear that those 7 years can not be contained to the Middle East and God's judgment will be world wide.

This is exactly why Replacement Theology must be rejected. Israel is Israel and the Church is the church. What was promised to Israel and what was prophesized to Israel is still for Israel.

I thank God and agree completely with you that we as Christians in the church of God will miss all the judgments of the Revelation.

I think those living in Israel might be in for a rude awakening when they are lulled into worshipping the image of the beast. That is the scary thing about it, living in Israel but having no real faith. The trade sanctions will hurt them but they will have to choose between mammon, an earthly life that's comfortable, but ends in hellfire or a real life of faith in God that may have temporary suffering but eternal reward.

The thing is God has always given us a way out of temptation. The israelites have centuries of learning from God directly and still even today can be stubborn and stiffnecked, and gainsaying. I've read many memoirs of Jews and while they might flirt with the idea of Jesus and love all he stands for many still can't bring themselves to believe in Him and that God sent His only son to die for them so that they can have eternal life. I think eternity scares people.

I think those living in Israel might be in for a rude awakening when they are lulled into worshipping the image of the beast. That is the scary thing about it, living in Israel but having no real faith. The trade sanctions will hurt them but they will have to choose between mammon, an earthly life that's comfortable, but ends in hellfire or a real life of faith in God that may have temporary suffering but eternal reward.

The thing is God has always given us a way out of temptation. The israelites have centuries of learning from God directly and still even today can be stubborn and stiffnecked, and gainsaying. I've read many memoirs of Jews and while they might flirt with the idea of Jesus and love all he stands for many still can't bring themselves to believe in Him and that God sent His only son to die for them so that they can have eternal life. I think eternity scares people.

Excellent points, Lanolin;

Sure, the Scripture may be pointing to the days ahead, but we have a responsibility to spread the Gospel now!

I feel we have bigger issues than what we're going to buy and sell.

Thank you for sharing. God bless you and your family.

Excellent points, Lanolin;

Sure, the Scripture may be pointing to the days ahead, but we have a responsibility to spread the Gospel now!

I feel we have bigger issues than what we're going to buy and sell.

Thank you for sharing. God bless you and your family.

Agreed!

Spreading the gospel today is most important because we do not know the day or the hour when grace will end.

The Churches that the book of Revelations is addressing has nothing to do with any Jewish synagogues, it’s written for Christians around the world.

Jews who didn’t accept Jesus Christ are heavily condemned in the Bible. There are many verses condemning them. Jews who didn’t accept Jesus where the people who killed Him. Today’s Israel is Jewish, not Christian, yes there are Jews who became Christian, but most of Israel is Christ rejecting.

The book of Revelations mentions the New Jerusalem coming from heaven, here is
the verse:
Revelations: 21:2
Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

The beast is everywhere in the world, not in just one country. The beast works through many ways. It can be the occult, crimes such as ongoing drug dealing for instance, demons approaching someone and them not wanting to let go because they like what demons offer to much. There are many ways in which to get the number. You basically have to consistently work hard and in a calculated manner for evil in order to get the 666 number.

Thanks

What’s others opinion?

Thanks
The chapter tells of two beasts, and I am seeing the earth divided into two trading blocks, similar to the Common Market and the World Trading Organisation, with no trade between the two blocks unless they have the right mark of authority. (Just my opinion.)

Back