What’s your opinion on treatments such as acupuncture, let’s say cupping, herbal medicine and similar

Nov 30, 2014
Hi brothers and sisters. I am interested in your opinion on so called alternative/ natural medicine such as acupuncture, like I said cupping, massage, herbal medicine and similar.

I don’t know what to say on the subject. I am hoping others can give some answers!!

Thanks

Dec 19, 2014
New Zealand
www.literatelibrarian.com
I had acupuncture, and cupping when I got sore muscles from working in the library ( actually lot of heavy work at times!) and it did help.
But I haven't had any problems now in ages.

It's part of traditional Chinese medicine, so and I am Chinese, so I am more inclined to use it and understand the way it works than someone who isn't, though it depends on what your health issue is. If you eat chinese food which I do, a lot of what we eat IS medicine.

You need to look at your body in a holistic way, whereas western medicine or modern medicine will see a symptom and try to isolate it to get rid of it. Often by just focusing on one aspect. If they get it right its great, but for a lot of things i.e pain and nervous disorders, this doesn't work.

There is a place for surgery, and drugs, but there's also other aspects of medicine that can work better.
I grow herbs and have been learning herbal medicine. A lot of what God gives us is for our healing. Leaves are great for healing. They are our natural bandaids. You just need to know the right ones to use, and harvest them at the right time. And they are there all around us. A lot of so-called weeds are the best healers.

Via dolarossa

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Sep 22, 2016
Lordie Land
Pretty much what lanolin said.

I used to study shiatsu and it’s similar to acupuncture but they use fingers and other body parts to put pressure on certain” energy points” which stimulate or releases ‘blocked energy’ that flows to assist healing by releasing tension. It does take the whole person and their lifestyle into consideration and also can include diet and exercise.

I enjoyed it, it was interesting how they use yin and yang ( the universal opposing energies of expansion and contraction) that flow through the human body, to explain how we can become imbalanced.

AtomicSnowflake

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Secretary
Jan 8, 2017
Arkansas
www.kz.indigo-phoenix.com
Please keep in mind that research is important. Not all things work the same for all people... and do have the potential to cause harm.
For example... herbal remedies have been used for years... but be aware of any interactions or dangers that are possible.

Also - Putting on my "moderator hat" for a moment... please keep the site rules in mind when you reply.

Rule 3.2d Due to liability concerns, CFS does not, under any circumstances, allow the posting of professional, clinical or psychological advice for members. This is especially enforced in the "Personal" posting areas. Anyone who offers professional, clinical or psychological advice may face warnings or banning from CFS and all posts will be removed. Even those persons who are licensed psychologists or therapists MAY NOT offer professional advice at the CFS Forum or by way of Private Messaging. The staff at CFS recommends that members who need answers should meet with a licensed and insured local Christian Consultant in your home area.

It's ok to share what may work for you or someone you know... but NEVER tell someone that THEY should try this or that....

Reactions: Via dolarossa
Nov 30, 2014
I originally posted this thread in the doctrinal section forum because I wanted to ask if treatments like acupuncture would be in any way not in line with the Bible, which brings me to casting out demons and healing diseases with Christian belief.
But I suppose I can ask those questions here as well.
These are questions that I need to know before I start again looking for “treatments”.

Thanks

Dec 19, 2014
New Zealand
www.literatelibrarian.com
Physicians deal with the body. Often with pain relief, paliative care and allowing the body to repair and balance itself.
They are not always inclined to deal with the spiritual aspects of our souls.

Although the bible does not mention acupuncture specfically it's not really related to casting out demons. The way Jesus cast out demons was to fast and pray and then command them to leave, he didn't do it with needles or pills or enemas. He also laid hands on people.

I think the best thing is to pray, cast out the demons first and then work with God for whatever treatment your body needs to heal and recover. It might be acupuncture, it might be a healing remedy, or it might be just rest your body needs.

Surgery is mentioned in the bible, (when Jesus says if your eye causes you to offend, pluck it out) but I don't think he ever envisaged the modern day amputations and transplants and grafts and stents physicians can do these days to patch our bodies up.

Sep 3, 2009
Florida
I originally posted this thread in the doctrinal section forum because I wanted to ask if treatments like acupuncture would be in any way not in line with the Bible, which brings me to casting out demons and healing diseases with Christian belief.
But I suppose I can ask those questions here as well.
These are questions that I need to know before I start again looking for “treatments”.

Thanks

I do not mean to be critical in any way whatsoever, but without researching your post, I seem to remember you asking those questions before.

I seem to remember several people responding to your question.

But if not.........what would ailment would you be needing acupuncture for?

Acupuncture as far as I know has nothing to do with "Spiritual' concerns but it is also not mentioned in the Bible that I am aware or.

As for "casting out demons", I have said before and I am pretty sure it was to you that I personally have never seen or been in the presence of a "demon possessed" person.

I have however been personally involved with mentally ill people, people who refuse/forget to take their medication for mental illnesses, drunks and drug addicts. I have as well been involved with two people who were pron to epilepsy.

We had one young man who went into convulsions during church services with epileptic seizures who had to be restrained.

Now, again may I say to you that there is many Bible Scriptures that describe some very unusual reactions and Jesus even cast demons out of men.
Being very careful here may I also say that there maybe a wide variety of possible symptoms of demon possession, such as a physical impairment that cannot be attributed to an actual physiological problem, a personality change such as depression or aggression, supernatural strength, immodesty, and antisocial behavior..

It is important to note that nearly all, if not all, of these characteristics may have other explanations, so it is important not to label every depressed person or epileptic individual as demon-possessed.

From what I have witnessed, we have began to see demon possessed people about the time that Hollywood started to make movies about them such as the "Exorcist".