"What About This Being Full of The Holy Ghost?"

“See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is. And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit”-Ephesians 5:15-18

Early this year 2015, as we were waiting on the Lord, in a 21 days, fasting and prayer program in my Church, God gave me this revelation I will be sharing with you here…

During that particular program, we were actually asking God for an encounter with the powers of the world to come. And during that particular period, I was always at home, feeding myself with the bible and spiritual literatures. One of such literatures I was reading is, “Ever Increasing Faith” by the Apostle of Faith-Smith Wigglesworth-of blessed memory.

The Gifts and The Giver of The Gifts Which Is Better?

As I read that particular book, I came to a place, where he asked; “between people having a consciousness of God’s gift in them- and having a consciousness of the fullness of God in them, which one is better?” He answered; “I think it is better to be full of the Holy Ghost- and as you minister, the Holy Ghost, manifests his gifts through you as he wills”.

Although I may not be able to quote what he was saying in that book verbatim, but those were exactly what he meant.

As I read that, the revelation got into my spirit man. And within that period, as I was sleeping on my bed, at midnight, I felt something move on my stomach. At first, I thought it was a creature, so I tried to catch it with reflex as I awoke from my sleep. But I couldn’t catch anything. Then I suspected the move of the power of God.

My Premonition Was Confirmed

True to my premonition, as I slept, in my dream vision, two men of God appeared to me, explaining to me that what I experienced was the current of God’s power. But that however, I shouldn’t focus on the power, but rather focus on God.

After that particular supernatural experience, I began to always seek and ask God for the infilling presence and the power of the Holy Ghost. As I desired an experience of the mighty infilling power of the Holy Ghost, one night, I was worshipping God on top of my bed, lying face up…

As I worshipped, I was desperately expecting the manifest presence of the Holy Ghost. And dear, did I experience it? Oh, awesomely. The presence was absolutely unexplainable. It can only be best described as heaven on earth.

The Heavenly Ecstasy!

Oh my! For the period it lasted, the ecstasy was comparable to nothing on earth. No earthly emotions could come close to the fun I had with it that night. In fact, I can confidently affirm that I was translated from earth to heaven-and I mean that in the spiritual sense of it.

Oh my, my- his presence is best experienced than described. Hence my message here, is that you should desire to be baptized in the Holy Ghost- in case you’re not yet. If you’re already baptized, seek a daily, continual infilling.

You need the presence of the Holy Ghost to be able to continue your Christian race without fainting. In short, relying on the power of the Holy Spirit in you, is the easier and cheaper way to Christianity. It is God himself living in you, helping you to keep his commandments.

Because as the Lord Jesus says in the book of Matthew 19:26; “With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.” With the ordinary man- without the Holy Spirit- it is practically impossible to keep the commandments of God. But with God in you, in the person of the Holy Ghost, nothing shall be impossible with you.

Hence I reiterate, be filled with the Holy Ghost.

A single article can never be enough to discuss the great importance of the infilling of the Holy Ghost in the life of a Christian Believer. Hence, I’ll be continuing with this teaching subsequently as the Spirit Leads in my blog- www.righteousfaith.net.

I'd consider most of this heresy, because there was only one verse in the entire article, and I only knew that some things were Scriptural because I read it in the Scriptures. Trust God's Word over personal experience, good friends.

I'd consider most of this heresy, because there was only one verse in the entire article, and I only knew that some things were Scriptural because I read it in the Scriptures. Trust God's Word over personal experience, good friends.

Not sure I agree entirely there not that I'm about to debate where the truth lies. I think personal experience is a necessary part in many of our lives. Aren't most of us who try to follow Christ our own unique mix of what's in the bible and what we have seen?

You are young yet but when you get older you may however you look back and see you made some choices you would change if you could. I think this is biblical in a sense btw. Peter was certain he would not deny Jesus. Flawed people trying can seem to me to be a theme.

What are your thoughts on this?

Reactions: Juk
Not sure I agree entirely there not that I'm about to debate where the truth lies. I think personal experience is a necessary part in many of our lives. Aren't most of us who try to follow Christ our own unique mix of what's in the bible and what we have seen?

You are young yet but when you get older you may however you look back and see you made some choices you would change if you could. I think this is biblical in a sense btw. Peter was certain he would not deny Jesus. Flawed people trying can seem to me to be a theme.

What are your thoughts on this?
Well, I have made some bad choices that have been affecting me. Tormenting me. But anyway, my thoughts. I believe that God does not reveal extrabiblical revelations to us today. That means prophecies, just to clear that up. We cannot trust our personal experiences as much as we can God's Word because demons lie to us and deceive us. Just look at the charismatic movement. There is much heresy and people are straying away from the truth because they are trusting their experiences as opposed to God's Truth.

I can't comment on the charismatic movement Juk it's outside my personal experience.:eek:

Thanks for your thoughts though.

Reactions: Juk
Well, I have made some bad choices that have been affecting me. Tormenting me. But anyway, my thoughts. I believe that God does not reveal extrabiblical revelations to us today. That means prophecies, just to clear that up. We cannot trust our personal experiences as much as we can God's Word because demons lie to us and deceive us. Just look at the charismatic movement. There is much heresy and people are straying away from the truth because they are trusting their experiences as opposed to God's Truth.

Juk when God teaches us it is through revelation of His written word so this would make what you say kind of silly wouldn't it ?
Juk Prophecies is simply God giving some one something to say and it happens all the time.
All this heresy you speak of is mostly made up of Christians who do not understand His written word and tend to want to stay in their little religious box where God Himself can no longer teach them for they know it all and wont except anything new unto their thinking and it is these people who start all the false accusations of heresy. Their minds are made up and their hearts have grown waxed or closed to His truth - so when Real Truth or revelation of His word is spoken or taught they instantly come against it for it will not line up with their limited thinking.

Perhaps you might want to think things through a little more before writing Juk for it is NOT 100 percent on the money. No disrespect meant here my friend.
Blessings
Jim

After that particular supernatural experience, I began to always seek and ask God for the infilling presence and the power of the Holy Ghost.
My brother, there is the true Bible way of receiving the Holy Spirit according to the Holy Scriptures.
Read and believe the Acts of the Apostles[especially chapters 2 and 10]

Here are wonderful personal testimonies of people who have been infilled by the Holy Spirit in accordance to Scripture...
http://miracles.areonthe.net/TESTIMONY Collection/TESTIMONY POSTERS/TESTIMONY Posters/Amanda Jeanmary Hubert,Tari, PNG.pdf
http://miracles.areonthe.net/TESTIMONY Collection/TESTIMONY POSTERS/TESTIMONY Posters/Banabas Evio Leader, Lae, PNG.pdf
http://miracles.areonthe.net/TESTIMONY Collection/TESTIMONY POSTERS/TESTIMONY Posters/Chipoya Charity, Lumwana West, Zambia.pdf

Just look at the charismatic movement.
There are plenty of examples where "churches" have gone off the rails and do their own thing.
But do not let the weird and wacky behaviour of various types/denominations/sects out there put you off from seeking for
and desiring the truth.
There are two Witnesses in the world that speak the truth of Jesus - the Holy Scriptures (the Word) and the Holy Spirit.
You need both; along with obedience to stay on track and enjoy the truth that will set you free from the bondage of sin and our natural selves.
The gospel is just so simple and straight forward:
Repent, and then be baptized by full immersion for the forgiveness of your sins (confessing your faith in Jesus as your Lord and Saviour).
And pray to receive the Holy Spirit (with the Bible evidence of speaking in other tongues).
It is the only gospel preached and lived by the Apostles and the original Christian Church.
Same today as it was then. Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today and forever!!!

There are plenty of examples where "churches" have gone off the rails and do their own thing.
But do not let the weird and wacky behaviour of various types/denominations/sects out there put you off from seeking for
and desiring the truth.
There are two Witnesses in the world that speak the truth of Jesus - the Holy Scriptures (the Word) and the Holy Spirit.
You need both; along with obedience to stay on track and enjoy the truth that will set you free from the bondage of sin and our natural selves.
The gospel is just so simple and straight forward:
Repent, and then be baptized by full immersion for the forgiveness of your sins (confessing your faith in Jesus as your Lord and Saviour).
And pray to receive the Holy Spirit (with the Bible evidence of speaking in other tongues).
It is the only gospel preached and lived by the Apostles and the original Christian Church.
Same today as it was then. Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today and forever!!!
But the Holy Spirit is given to us when we accept Jesus Christ and repent. And baptism (at least the water kind) is not necessary for salvation. The popular example is the thief on the cross. He was going to heaven, and he did not ask for the Holy Spirit (although I understand that the Holy Spirit was not given out yet), and he was not baptized. The Holy Spirit does not have to be asked for, because it is given at the moment of salvation. I know that I have the Holy Spirit, and I do not know how to speak tongues. I never have. The Bible says that not everyone will be able to speak tongues.

1 Corinthians 12:8-11
For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; 10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: 11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

But the Holy Spirit is given to us when we accept Jesus Christ and repent. And baptism (at least the water kind) is not necessary for salvation. The popular example is the thief on the cross. He was going to heaven, and he did not ask for the Holy Spirit (although I understand that the Holy Spirit was not given out yet), and he was not baptized. The Holy Spirit does not have to be asked for, because it is given at the moment of salvation. I know that I have the Holy Spirit, and I do not know how to speak tongues. I never have. The Bible says that not everyone will be able to speak tongues.

1 Corinthians 12:8-11
For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; 10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: 11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

This is correct Juk. Be very careful when someone says that you must speak in tongues in order to be saved, let alone to show you are filled with the Holy Spirit. It is a different gospel than what Jesus and Paul taught.

Salvation is as easy as "9because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. 11For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” 12For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. 13For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”" Romans 10:9-13 ESV

This is something we spoke about in my Lutheran Bible study this Sunday before service. It is certainly something I myself need to hear more often for my own Christian walk.

There are some denominations that want to add onto salvation their doctrines, such as speaking in tongues to show that you have the Holy Spirit and therefore saved, according to them.

In the Bible is as simple as believing in the one that God sent and confessing with your mouth (your own language is just fine) and you will have both the Holy Spirit and salvation.

Last edited:
This is correct Juk. Be very careful when someone says that you must speak in tongues in order to be saved, let alone to show you are filled with the Holy Spirit. It is a different gospel than what Jesus and Paul taught.

Salvation is as easy as "9because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. 11For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” 12For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. 13For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”" Romans 10:9-13 ESV

This is something we spoke about in my Lutheran Bible study this Sunday before service. It is certainly something I myself need to hear more often for my own Christian walk.

There are some denominations that want to add onto salvation their doctrines, such as speaking in tongues to show that you have the Holy Spirit and therefore saved, according to them.

In the Bible is as simple as believing in the one that God sent and confessing with your mouth (your own language is just fine) and you will have both the Holy Spirit and salvation.
Amen, I agree. Thank you for that Bible passage. Now, when I present the Gospel, I can tell them that they actually have to confess that Jesus is Lord the be saved.

There is nothing heretical about it, Juk. Be VERY careful of your declarations lest you grieve the Holy Spirit in your youthfulness.

But the Holy Spirit is given to us when we accept Jesus Christ and repent. And baptism (at least the water kind) is not necessary for salvation. The popular example is the thief on the cross. He was going to heaven, and he did not ask for the Holy Spirit (although I understand that the Holy Spirit was not given out yet), and he was not baptized.
We are certainly born again by the Spirit, but not necessarily filled by the Spirit.
The Holy Spirit does not have to be asked for,
If we cannot ask for the Holy Spirit and expect to receive it, what on earth is Jesus talking about here?-
Luke11v11“Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead?12Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion?13If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”
because it is given at the moment of salvation. I know that I have the Holy Spirit, and I do not know how to speak tongues. I never have. The Bible says that not everyone will be able to speak tongues.

Lets see how the Holy Spirit works with Peter as we follow his train of activity following Pentecost.
Filling No1
Here at Pentecost, we see Peter and friends get filled with the Holy Spirit.
Acts2v 2Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. 4All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.

Filling No2

After Peter and John had healed a man lame from birth, they are seized by the High Priest's soldiers and subsequently interrogated ..............
Acts4v7.....................“By what power or what name did you do this?”
v8 Then Peter, being filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them: “Rulers and elders of the people! 9If we are being called to account today for an act of kindness shown to a man who was lame...............................

Filling No3
The story continues as Peter returns to his fellow believers and reports all that had happened. They then cry out to the Lord proclaiming his sovereignty etc.
Acts4v31After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly.

That's three times they are filled with the Holy Spirit, (and that is merely the recorded examples). It doesn't mean that the Spirit was removed between those times, it just reveals that God wants us to be constantly being refilled by his spirit.

Most people will be familiar with the following scripture.
Eph5v18 Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit,
However few realise that the tense of the verb "to be filled" is a Greek continuous tense. The better translation can be found in the International Standard version of the bible shown below.
Eph5v18 Stop getting drunk with wine, which leads to wild living, but keep on being filled with the Spirit.

The above scriptures demonstrate that we can be refilled as much as we care to drink. The idea that it is a once and for all event is nonsense.
Like the author of this thread, I have been filled again and again day by day with the Holy Spirit countless times over.

To reject that idea of being filled again and again makes a nonsense of Paul's constant prayer for the various believers to be filled with the Holy Spirit
Eph1v17 I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation,

What is the point of Paul asking God for this if they are already filled with everything they need. All through the NT you will find them being filled again and again.

We are certainly born again by the Spirit, but not necessarily filled by the Spirit.

If we cannot ask for the Holy Spirit and expect to receive it, what on earth is Jesus talking about here?-
Luke11v11“Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead?12Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion?13If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

Lets see how the Holy Spirit works with Peter as we follow his train of activity following Pentecost.
Filling No1
Acts2v 2Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. 4All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.

Filling No2

After Peter and John had healed a man lame from birth, they are seized by the High Priest's soldiers and subsequently interrogated ..............
v8 Then Peter, being filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them: “Rulers and elders of the people! 9If we are being called to account today for an act of kindness shown to a man who was lame...............................

Filling No3
The story continues as Peter returns to his fellow believers and reports all that had happened. They then cry out to the Lord proclaiming his sovereignty etc.
Acts4v31After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly.

That's three times they are filled with the Holy Spirit, (and that is merely the recorded examples). It doesn't mean that the Spirit was removed between those times, it just reveals that God wants us to be constantly being refilled by his spirit.

Eph5v18 Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit,
However few realise that the tense of the verb "to be filled" is a Greek continuous tense. The better translation can be found in the International Standard version of the bible shown below.
Eph5v18 Stop getting drunk with wine, which leads to wild living, but keep on being filled with the Spirit.

The above scriptures demonstrate that we can be refilled as much as we care to drink. The idea that it is a once and for all event is nonsense.
Like the author of this thread, I have been filled again and again day by day with the Holy Spirit countless times over.

To reject that idea of being filled again and again makes a nonsense of Paul's constant prayer for the various believers to be filled with the Holy Spirit
Eph1v17 I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation,

What is the point of Paul asking God for this if they are already filled with everything they need. All through the NT you will find them being filled again and again.

AMEN!!!

Filling No1

Filling No2

Filling No3

So I can just ask for the Holy Spirit at any time and God will fill me with the Holy Spirit

So I can just ask for the Holy Spirit at any time and God will fill me with the Holy Spirit
That my friend, is exactly what Jesus said, is it not? Your Heavenly Father wants to pour out on you and every believer, if they will have Him.
The only thing that can stop it happening is unbelief, so make your mind up.
This is between you and your Heavenly Father who loves you beyond any comprehension.

Maybe read the scriptures I posted again, and read them in their full context in your own bible.

That my friend, is exactly what Jesus said, is it not? Your Heavenly Father wants to pour out on you and every believer, if they will have Him.
The only thing that can stop it happening is unbelief, so make your mind up.
This is between you and your Heavenly Father who loves you beyond any comprehension.

Maybe read the scriptures I posted again, and read them in their full context in your own bible.
I did ask God to fill me with the Holy Spirit. But I know that God usually gives me things when I don't ask for them or not right away.

Back