WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

The Anointing at Bethany​

3 And being in Bethany at the house of Simon the leper, as He sat at the table, a woman came having an alabaster flask of very costly [b]oil of spikenard. Then she broke the flask and poured it on His head. 4 But there were some who were indignant among themselves, and said, “Why was this fragrant oil wasted? 5 For it might have been sold for more than three hundred denarii and given to the poor.” And they criticized[c] her sharply.

6 But Jesus said, “Let her alone. Why do you trouble her? She has done a good work for Me. 7 For you have the poor with you always, and whenever you wish you may do them good; but Me you do not have always. 8 She has done what she could. She has come beforehand to anoint My body for burial. 9 Assuredly, I say to you, wherever this gospel is preached in the whole world, what this woman has done will also be told as a memorial to her.”

THIS lady was doing what she could . we often look at other Church members and wonder what they are doing .. we wonder about the world , why the Church is floundering . but what are we doing. this anointing at Bethany was her act of worship and service to Christ ..but what are we doing are w doing our part . are we doing the things that needs to be ? BTW if you have to ask what our part is? i suggest you pray about it . i love the song by the cathedrals step into the water wade out a little bit deeper

I'm thinking of starting up a friends fellowship group and doing silent reading in the library for an hour on Sundays. I think it will be great and reach a lot of people who don't feel like going to other churches where its very noisy or its all families. I think I will just have it open for anyone, I will bring my Bible, but people can be free to read any book they choose and just sit together.

After the hour is up we can then chat or go off and have a cup of tea or whatever, or just smile and shake hands (although never been a shake hands person). I'll ask my local public library if I can use their meeting room, I just think I need somewhere quiet and local that's free and more importantly where people can easily access and I can even walk to.

I am kinda tired of hauling the car out every Sunday or having to go across town to find fellowship. I know it's just what people do, but it can be a struggle joining in with others with something already established. I think it's time God wants me to plant something new. Can you all pray with me about this?

All of us are special in our own way, and have unique gifts, or a gift.

Some say this is our "talent', and maybe that is the best way to see it.
A good way to think about your discipleship is to just do your best to give all of you to God, all the time.
Isn't that what...."presenting yourself as a living sacrifice" is really saying to us?

The best ability you can offer God are these...

1. Availability
2. Dependability

Give Him those as much as you can, and He'll put them to good use for His Glory.

All of us are special in our own way, and have unique gifts, or a gift.

Some say this is our "talent', and maybe that is the best way to see it.
A good way to think about your discipleship is to just do your best to give all of you to God, all the time.
Isn't that what...."presenting yourself as a living sacrifice" is really saying to us?

The best ability you can offer God are these...

1. Availability
2. Dependability

Give Him those as much as you can, and He'll put them to good use for His Glory.
that is exactly what we should be doing . just like the woman

Back