what dishes are the most popular in your country?

Hello everyone!
Every country is different and there are many factors that distinguish it. Cuisine is one of those things!
In country where I used to live (before I moved out to London) is famous for eg. dumplings, broth and cheescake. Can you guess what country is it?
What are the most popular dishes in your country?

Amens/Likes: Fish Catcher Jim

Fish Catcher Jim

<>< Radically Saved ><>
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Can you guess what country is it?
Greetings and Welcome Again,
Would this ring a bell? Szarlotka

Where I am from we have 2 desired dishes,
1. Clean
2. Full of food!!
Hey I never said I was sophisticated !!

Chicken - mashed potatoes or rice and green beans or corn.

Blessings
FCJ
Who kept the Cturtle

Hello everyone!
Every country is different and there are many factors that distinguish it. Cuisine is one of those things!
In country where I used to live (before I moved out to London) is famous for eg. dumplings, broth and cheescake. Can you guess what country is it?
Oh wow I have just been watching anthony bourdains a cooks tour dvds and its so interesting to see all the different countries cuisines he sampled.

See if you can guess mine..famous for...hangi, bbq, whitebait fritters.
And dessert, which is claimed by two rival countries...pavlova.

Most popular...I would have to say fish and chips. Or roast lamb and potatoes and peas.

But my ancestors ..see if you can guess. Wontons, fried rice and peking duck.

Pastor Gary

Senior Moderator and Staff Trainer
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Staff Trainer
The interesting thing about food in the USA is that because the country is so large, there are regional specialty foods that are not major foods in other locations.

Just a few examples would be: Lobster or clam chowder in New England, Soft shell crab in the states surrounding the Chesapeake Bay, Shrimp and Grits in the Southeast, Key Lime Pie in southern Florida, Southern Fried Chicken and sweet tea in the deep south, Steak and potatoes in the Upper Midwest - and so on. Lots of diversity in food preferences and while traveling, it is always refreshing to be able to sample these specialty items.