What do you think changes now that we live with satan and all of his demons being on earth and 666 being given out?

I have asked this question elsewhere and I want to ask here.

I’ll just start by posting the following from the book of Revelations:

Revelation 12:9 the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

And the following:

Revelation: 12:16He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, 17and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666.

Now, I am interested in others opinion of whether you think that any rules so to say change because of the devil and his demons being all on earth, and because of the 666 being given out? What do you think this means for us?

Thanks

rules? Can you explain.
I think it means just be aware as Christians we are in the world but NOT of it. We are sealed by God on our foreheads, not by a beast. The Beast is symbolic for empires of the world.

I think a lot of people do interpret this literally. Jesus says His kingdom is not of this world.
The beheading part of people who refuse to take the mark is rather scary. Although revelation 13:8 implies that only those people who's name is NOT written in the lambs book of life will be worshipping the beast.

As Christians I think it means, if this is to happen, we would rather give our lives to be killed than to worship any beast. When you think about it, this is what Jesus did. He gave himself up to be crucified rather than succumb to worldly powers and make himself king. And in the end, he wasn't buying or selling anything. In fact he gave up his trade to do ministry, never sold any healing remedies, and didn't buy anything either. He did miracles by the power of God instead of buying food.

because of the devil and his demons being all on earth, and because of the 666 being given out? What do you think this means for us?

Your post/question pre-supposes that the enemy and his followers are in the world in some kind of way that is fundamentally different from before (like a century ago), and there that the mark of the beast has been given out.

Please specify how you come to this conclusion.

There are many things going on now that are disturbing. I submit that if you were to take any point in history since the ascension you could make a similar claim.

Revelation 12:9 the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

And the following:

Revelation: 12:16He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, 17and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666.

Now, I am interested in others opinion of whether you think that any rules so to say change because of the devil and his demons being all on earth, and because of the 666 being given out? What do you think this means for us?

Thanks

And the following:

Thanks

Well, first of all Rev. 12:7-12 describes a great angelic battle in which Satan and those with him are removed from heaven. The question then should be.......When did or does this battle take place?

One way to answer this question is to look at other places in Scripture where Satan appeared before the Lord. In Job.1-2 Satan is seen before the Lord in heaven. Therefore, the battle in Rev. 12 had to take place after this time.

Now, Job is said to be the oldest book of the Bible.
In Zech. 3 Satan appeared before God to accuse Joshua of wrongdoing. This again shows Satan still had access to heaven in the Old Testament period.

In the New Testament, Eph. 6:11-2 also notes Satan operating in the heavenly realm: ......
"Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places."

Ephesians was written in approximately AD 60—62, about thirty to thirty-five years before Revelation. At this time, Satan was still taught as being able to access God's presence in heaven.

So then.........These passages indicate that Rev. 12 has not yet taken place and most likely describes a future event during which Satan and his followers will not be allowed any access to heaven..

It seeems as if to me that Rev. 12:6 seems to indicate this will take place at approximately the midpoint of the tribulation period. Satan and his fallen angels will have only three and a half years to attack God's people. Verse 12 notes,........
"But woe to you, O earth and sea, for the devil has come down to you in great wrath, because he knows that his time is short!"

The one who causes men to receive the mark of the Beast is actually the "False Prophet" and not the A/C.

That also is still in the future.

We.......people have always tried to make something real that is not actually real. I know that it is comimng but IMO it is not with us today AND..........
IF you are a born again believer you will not experience those things anyway as the Rapture will remove all REAL Believers.

Your post/question pre-supposes that the enemy and his followers are in the world in some kind of way that is fundamentally different from before (like a century ago), and there that the mark of the beast has been given out.

There are many things going on now that are disturbing. I submit that if you were to take any point in history since the ascension you could make a similar claim.

I agree.

" James 5:8, ESV : "........
"You also, be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand."

Hi Siloam. I took a while to get to this answer. I’m being lazy, sorry. There is so much in the Bible that I haven’t properly studied, however I have my views of what is going on at the moment in the world according to my understanding of the scriptures and my personal experiences.

Ok, following describes the signs:

2 Timothy 3:1:5 But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.

I think the above is happening at the moment. Look at how some people dress. So much tight clothing for instance. Others walking around with their jeans hanging down where a lot is exposed, including underwear. Very sexualised content of shows that sometimes play in middle of the day. All this is a norm in a big part of the world. We have had two world wars. There’s a lots of nuclear weapons in the world. We have had earthquakes, tsunami, now the virus, etc.

However I have to admit that following like hasn’t happened: Matthew 24:5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many.

Now, if we are living very close and the 666 is being given( I believe that giving out the number is an ongoing process, which some will receive through different paths) out and someone has the gift of the Spirit of discernment of spirits and he can somehow maybe know that he can’t help some “individuals”, would that than maybe change some rules?

Thanks

A few years back, I had the opportunity to view tracts from the mid and late 1800's. From their viewpoint the great tribulation was at hand, if not already begun. The nature of mankind in general is such that there have always been "lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power".

Apart from the changing of lives produced by The Spirit, this flows from the nature of unregenerate man.

As far as claiming to be Christ, whether as the second coming, or in some other manner, that too is common in smaller groups. Remember David Koresh and the Branch Davidians?

The thing is, we always look from our where we are and interpret the signs as if the current time and our particular location are all that matters.

I do think we are coming close, but nothing really prevents the Lord from tarrying if it is the Father's plan for another 2000 years.

It seems clear though that if what many who study the scriptures and have greater understanding than mine say is true then it will require a world level political and/or social system. We are not there yet, but do seem to be coming close.

Some others note many of the events are associated with timelines extracted from scripture. While I find many of these interesting, I note that these have not been noticeably reliable in predicting future events and pinning them to the calendar. I do not fault the scriptures here, nor do I really think those advancing these as unfaithful. I find man's analysis unreliable and think they are trying to circumvent the apparent decision of the Father to keep these specifics unclear.

Whenever the Lord returns, He should come at a time when we are doing His work in His name. It is always the time to 'get right with God'. No need to wait until the Lord returns, or until we think He is going to return tomorrow.

Hi Siloam. I took a while to get to this answer. I’m being lazy, sorry. There is so much in the Bible that I haven’t properly studied, however I have my views of what is going on at the moment in the world according to my understanding of the scriptures and my personal experiences.

Ok, following describes the signs:

2 Timothy 3:1:5 But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.

I think the above is happening at the moment. Look at how some people dress. So much tight clothing for instance. Others walking around with their jeans hanging down where a lot is exposed, including underwear. Very sexualised content of shows that sometimes play in middle of the day. All this is a norm in a big part of the world. We have had two world wars. There’s a lots of nuclear weapons in the world. We have had earthquakes, tsunami, now the virus, etc.

However I have to admit that following like hasn’t happened: Matthew 24:5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many.

Now, if we are living very close and the 666 is being given( I believe that giving out the number is an ongoing process, which some will receive through different paths) out and someone has the gift of the Spirit of discernment of spirits and he can somehow maybe know that he can’t help some “individuals”, would that than maybe change some rules?

Thanks

"As it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be when Christ returns".

So......if we read Genesis chapter 6, what do you see taking place??????

Now when you watch the 6:00 news and TV and movies, and how men treat men what do you see?????

A few years back, I had the opportunity to view tracts from the mid and late 1800's. From their viewpoint the great tribulation was at hand, if not already begun. The nature of mankind in general is such that there have always been "lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power".

Apart from the changing of lives produced by The Spirit, this flows from the nature of unregenerate man.

As far as claiming to be Christ, whether as the second coming, or in some other manner, that too is common in smaller groups. Remember David Koresh and the Branch Davidians?

The thing is, we always look from our where we are and interpret the signs as if the current time and our particular location are all that matters.

I do think we are coming close, but nothing really prevents the Lord from tarrying if it is the Father's plan for another 2000 years.

It seems clear though that if what many who study the scriptures and have greater understanding than mine say is true then it will require a world level political and/or social system. We are not there yet, but do seem to be coming close.

Some others note many of the events are associated with timelines extracted from scripture. While I find many of these interesting, I note that these have not been noticeably reliable in predicting future events and pinning them to the calendar. I do not fault the scriptures here, nor do I really think those advancing these as unfaithful. I find man's analysis unreliable and think they are trying to circumvent the apparent decision of the Father to keep these specifics unclear.

Whenever the Lord returns, He should come at a time when we are doing His work in His name. It is always the time to 'get right with God'. No need to wait until the Lord returns, or until we think He is going to return tomorrow.
Hi

Hi Siloam. Thanks for your responses. It’s not about me waiting for Jesus Christ’s second coming in order to start doing everything right. It’s about trying to work out the Book of Revelations, as in where are we now. I am interested in the truth and I do my best to post what I know and to work out what I don’t know. I’m sure you know but I’ll post it anyway, the following is from the Book of Revelations 1:3:

3Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.

So according to above this is very important.

Anyway, on one other Christian forum someone said that we are going to have more grace of God. I see it in us people being more able to find out about God and His Son Jesus Christ. And other ways of experiencing God’s Grace, you have to look into your life.

Anyway what I wanted to ask you is do you think that we are going to have more Grace or are we having more Grace?( I say are we having because I believe it is now)

Thanks

By the way my so called real name is Ervin.

Anyway, in the Book of Mathew 24 it’s explained very well about the end days.

Thanks

By the way my so called real name is Ervin.

Anyway, in the Book of Mathew 24 it’s explained very well about the end days.

Thanks

It would help you to understand that Matthew 24 is directed to the JEWS and not the church. The Church did not exist as of yet so Jesus was speaking to JEWS.

What does that mean?? It means that the 2nd Coming of Christ is ISRAEL focused but will reach every part of the earth as social and economic changes will be made by the A/C.

That could not happen until Israel was back in the LAND.....The Promised Land. That happened on May 14, 1948. That is when God's prophetic clock kicked in.

There is actually nothing that needs to happen so as to allow Jesus to return today. All the things you read in the Revelation will take place after the Rapture and within the 7 year tribulation.

Back