Staff member
Senior Moderator
Fellowship.

What is it?
How is it to be accomplished?
How do we know if we're doing it right?
What does the Bible say?
What does it mean?
What "kind" of fellowship does God approve of... or disapprove of?

Let's discuss it, learn, grow, and help each other. What does fellowship mean to you?

[1Jo 1:4-10 KJV] 4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. 5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

bobinfaith

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Fellowship.

What is it? I love to meet new people and people I already know and fellowship, to love and encourage them hoping to help uplift them.

How is it to be accomplished? I always hope during fellowship others will feel loved by me, the love that Jesus gives and an opportunity for me to pass it to others.

How do we know if we're doing it right? Well, I may give an unfavorable first time meet because not everyone is like each other. But I feel God sees my heart and hope He will help break down any first time barrier I may give.

What does the Bible say? One of my favorite scriptures is in Hebrews 10:24-25, 24 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works,25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

What does it mean? In Hebrews 10:24-25 means is we never know when Jesus is coming back so I strive to give my all in all each day, that one more person will come to Christ Jesus. We must remember that during and in between fellowship we all face struggles, so its vital to share our faith in fellowship to strengthen one another.

What "kind" of fellowship does God approve of... or disapprove of? God approves of our love to Him first as we pass our to love to one another. God does not approve of many things in our fellowship, but to name two is "holier than thou" or "super Christian" just because we have been saved longer. God loves a humble heart especially in fellowship.

Let's discuss it, learn, grow, and help each other. What does fellowship mean to you? Fellowship means everything to me, amen! I also want to learn and grow from reading others testimony from this topic.

God bless you and thank you, AtomicSnowflake, for starting your thread!

To me fellowship is meeting together to encourage one another, love one another and share in each others joy of salvation.

For many all these things can happen in a sunday morning service as well as worship which is like fellowship with God.
But it can also happen when two or three are gathered in His name. I'm not sure if the word fellowship can just be translated the same as friendship but it is similar. May have to look that up, but certainly is a relationship that can be like friendship.

AtomicSnowflake

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
bobinfaith and Lanolin
Thank you both for taking the time to reply.
I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on it, and what it means personally to each of you.
I think it is also a wonderful topic to think about, and do some Bible study on... which is what I've been doing the past few days.
(I have much to say about it, but will probably wait until I get my laptop out of the shop. It's much easier to write with than an android table... lol)

Hebrews 10:24-25, 24 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works,25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.
And...
To me fellowship is meeting together to encourage one another, love one another and share in each others joy of salvation.
Very well said.. it also seems that you both had the same answer!! That's beattiful.
God bless you both, and again, thank you for the replies :)