What does having the 'Mind of Christ' mean?

In Romans 11:34 Paul asks the question
"For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?"

Then in 1 Corinthians 2:16, he repeats the question
"For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ."

But now Paul says we have the mind of Christ, so what does that mean.

"For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ."

Hey Hobie, good question have you gotten any info on that?

These are expressions of how far removed (above us, unfathomable) God is. They are quotes of the prophets (example Isaiah 40:13)

We have the mind of Christ when we let His word have reign in our life through the leading of the Holy Spirit.

Prior to Pentecost, the Spirit did not indwell man as He does believers now.

It does not mean that His thoughts are in our minds, or that we are infallible but that the unfailing Spirit can guide us in our faith and in our understanding the scriptures.

These are expressions of how far removed (above us, unfathomable) God is. They are quotes of the prophets (example Isaiah 40:13)

We have the mind of Christ when we let His word have reign in our life through the leading of the Holy Spirit.

Prior to Pentecost, the Spirit did not indwell man as He does believers now.

It does not mean that His thoughts are in our minds, or that we are infallible but that the unfailing Spirit can guide us in our faith and in our understanding the scriptures.

Ya I used to think that also, but didn't Elisha ask for another portion of His Spirit? And the anointing oil given to David, wasn't it more than a a type of Holy Spirit, but the actual Spirit of Christ?

Hey Hobie, good question have you gotten any info on that?
Well, to begin with, when you have the mind of Christ, your will becomes as His will, and your character is transformed to be like Christ's character. Now the next question is how does that happen?

didn't Elisha ask for another portion of His Spirit?

I seldom read the OT (Old Testament) but I enjoy connecting stories in the NT (New Testament) with the corresponding symbolism in the OT, as well as quoted verses found in the NT that has originated in the OT.

Thus, am not sure now if I can correctly call myself a Bible Student, so maybe a New Testament Bible student then :)

Am not sure why, "His" with a capital letter “H” usually refers to the Lord Jesus Christ or to God?

I google up the one in red font: I read it was Elisha’s request for double portion of Elijah’s spirit?

Well, to begin with, when you have the mind of Christ, your will becomes as His will, and your character is transformed to be like Christ's character. Now the next question is how does that happen?

I was hoping for a little more detail about what happens to us, and what it feels like to have the mind of Christ.

Super interested in your understanding on how we receive it though.

I seldom read the OT (Old Testament) but I enjoy connecting stories in the NT (New Testament) with the corresponding symbolism in the OT, as well as quoted verses found in the NT that has originated in the OT.

Thus, am not sure now if I can correctly call myself a Bible Student, so maybe a New Testament Bible student then :)

Am not sure why, "His" with a capital letter “H” usually refers to the Lord Jesus Christ or to God?

I google up the one in red font: I read it was Elisha’s request for double portion of Elijah’s spirit?

I was taught the NT is infolded in the OT, and the OT unfolds in the NT. Types and shadows, God's ways.

Probably easier to win the lottery than find a Bible teacher that can teach those things. I've known one in 33 years.

I was taught the NT is infolded in the OT, and the OT unfolds in the NT. Types and shadows, God's ways.

Probably easier to win the lottery than find a Bible teacher that can teach those things. I've known one in 33 years.

Oh my, thanks for the answer, if a=A, then A=a :)

I can somehow deduct, Elijah is a blessed man, a Man of God, his own Spirit is aligned with His, with God’s Spirit.

Thus, I can somehow deduct :)

But of course, "A" will be a capital letter, and ours human beings will be small letter "a", but am not closed to that thought that a Man of God like Elijah, got to read more about him OT on this :)

Having the mind of Christ is the same as being indwelt by the Holy Spirit, and both are attained through faith at the moment of salvation.

2 Peter 1:4 (ESV)
"by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire."

Having the mind of Christ means we love God. Just like Jesus did and also, that we love others as well.

Because Jesus mindset is to follow the first commandment which is most improtant of all to love God with all your mind, all your soul and all your strength.

How do we do that, well if we take Jesus example notice he always went to God his Father when he had any problems. He would spent time praying to Him and also for others. He did this every morning, go offf and pray. And when Jesus spoke it was always the words His Father gave him to speak, and would teach everyone how to love one another. He even said love your enemies!

1 Corth. 2:16 says...……..
“We have the mind of Christ.”

Having the mind of Christ means sharing the plan, purpose, and perspective of Christ, and it is something that all believers possess.

It means to look at sin the way God looks at sin. Having the mind of Christ means we understand God’s plan in the world—to bring glory to Himself, restore creation to its original splendor, and provide salvation for sinners. It means we identify with Christ’s purpose “to seek and to save what was lost”.
It means we share Jesus’ perspective of humility and obedience, compassion, and prayerful dependence on God.

I agree.

I have always considered the fact that both the Old and New are Testaments/Covenants. The same as last will and testament.

The Old Testament was a Covenant between the Hebrew people and God. They agreed to worship, sacrifice to, and serve Jehovah God in exchange for his blessing them with peace and prosperity in the world.

That Old Convenant was established upon certain agreed upon written laws between God and the Hebrew people:...….
1. Obey and be blessed, disobey and be cursed.

Because all the world were living in a condition contrary to God's created intention, and as the history shows, they FAILED.

As the Old Testament closes, we see that they were committing more sins than their pagan neighbors.

So then, That Old Test. covenant was null and void by their disobedience.

The New Covenant is not based on mankind's ability to perform. God has initiated a covenant with those who "believe" he is able to declare righteous those who come to him through Jesus Christ, whose death on their behalf, for their salvation, was his last will and testament.

Those who come to God via this covenant inherit all that Christ God's son, in all of his riches and glory has bequeath to them.

Ephesians 1:17-20......
"That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places".

The Old is old, because there is Now a better Covenant.

Back