WHAT? Getting Married...ALREADY?

Hey, all.

As some of you remember, I fought for my previous wife's life for two month in the hospital before she passed in late October.

I have since found another love with whom I will have a ceremonial marriage on the 24th of this month, officiated by Bobinfaith in St. Louis, Missouri.

What's been interesting in this journey are all the armchair experts on psychology who believe that there should be a looooong period of mourning and healing before launching out to find another. Others think that finding another love like this is evidence of my not having loved my previous wife as I should...

My response to that was to ask some men to whom I have made myself accountable, as to if there is some textbook time duration for mourning before moving on with life. Not one of them could think of any such teaching or demand, but the self-made experts continue with their litany of tirades, none of whom have ever walked in my shoes. I mourned every day for two months as she lay there dying. I was a burned out shell by the end, and putting her remains in the ground was a finality for which no human has any power to reverse.

So, as a man judged by inferior-by-choice humans, I happily announce this marriage to Anna, who is also a widow. She did not want a divorcee, as was also my thoughts and feeling as well.

Folks, divorce and widowhood are not at all the same thing. Some widows and widowers are able to live on without finding another, and that's great, but I am not such a man. Anna told me just this morning how powerfully my presence in her life had changed her just from us talking on the phone, and the effect her change had upon others in the her daughter's house where she was living before we ever even met face to face. People, that's God working through me, not anything of which I can boast about myself. It is His Life being lived through me to others, and Anna's to others.

My encouragement to you all: Be that conduit through which the Lord can reach the lives of others around you. Be that light and salt to which the Lord has called all of us who are in Him.

Blessings to you all.

Love you all.

MM

Congrats! You don't need to wear black for a year. The timing is up to you and your intended. My only thought is do you know this future spouse. The timeline given is very short to be able to know someone enough to know you want to spend every day of the rest of your life with them. I wish you and yours peace in Christ.

Hey, all.

As some of you remember, I fought for my previous wife's life for two month in the hospital before she passed in late October.

I have since found another love with whom I will have a ceremonial marriage on the 24th of this month, officiated by Bobinfaith in St. Louis, Missouri.

What's been interesting in this journey are all the armchair experts on psychology who believe that there should be a looooong period of mourning and healing before launching out to find another. Others think that finding another love like this is evidence of my not having loved my previous wife as I should...

My response to that was to ask some men to whom I have made myself accountable, as to if there is some textbook time duration for mourning before moving on with life. Not one of them could think of any such teaching or demand, but the self-made experts continue with their litany of tirades, none of whom have ever walked in my shoes. I mourned every day for two months as she lay there dying. I was a burned out shell by the end, and putting her remains in the ground was a finality for which no human has any power to reverse.

So, as a man judged by inferior-by-choice humans, I happily announce this marriage to Anna, who is also a widow. She did not want a divorcee, as was also my thoughts and feeling as well.

Folks, divorce and widowhood are not at all the same thing. Some widows and widowers are able to live on without finding another, and that's great, but I am not such a man. Anna told me just this morning how powerfully my presence in her life had changed her just from us talking on the phone, and the effect her change had upon others in the her daughter's house where she was living before we ever even met face to face. People, that's God working through me, not anything of which I can boast about myself. It is His Life being lived through me to others, and Anna's to others.

My encouragement to you all: Be that conduit through which the Lord can reach the lives of others around you. Be that light and salt to which the Lord has called all of us who are in Him.

Blessings to you all.

Love you all.

MM

Wonderful! I am sure that you had some really good advice from your wife that passed away and I believe that she wanted you to be happy!

Now......in reality, YOU are the one who must be happy and there is NO ONE who should tell you what an acceptable time of waiting should be.

It is the Lord who has sent this woman into your life "now".

God bless you and may you be happy with your new love!

Hey MM
I am so happy for you. Love is a gift from God.
Of course you could have waited fir another 30 years and then you would have forgotten what you was waiting
for šŸ¤£

I agree with Major God has brought you together. I wish you both all happiness.

We all love you MM

Forgetting is the thing that kills me the most.

I stood outside of the bathroom the other day and could not remember if I just came out or was going in!

Congrats! You don't need to wear black for a year. The timing is up to you and your intended. My only thought is do you know this future spouse. The timeline given is very short to be able to know someone enough to know you want to spend every day of the rest of your life with them. I wish you and yours peace in Christ.

Then there will still be things brought to light that are unfavourable.

Dear brothers and sisters;

God bless you all and thank you for your prayers, support, encouragement and trust in the Lord for our brother MM and his fiance Anna.

Musicmaster asked me to hold him accountable and through our ZOOM meetings with him, Anna and myself, I discern what they both have been through in their separate Christian walk, their faith is never wavering and they're ready to go forward with their decision and trust in God.

Musicmaster and I became good friends along with everyone here at Christian Forum Site. MM loves CFS and most of last year we talked Jesus over the phone as well as encourage and pray for each other.

MM is truly a man of God who loves the Lord. Please keep MM and Anna in your prayers throughout the week as they prepare to be married next Sunday, April 24th, 2022.

I was honestly humbled when MM asked me to solemnize his marriage with Anna. My wife Hazel and I will travel from San Francisco airport to St. Louis next Saturday.

I have never done anything like this on a Christian website but with God, it is His Way and a step in faith on our part.

God bless you all, and thank you praying for MM and Anna.

Back