Our church actually donates the money for the salary of a city employee who has been hired by the city and works for the city to organize help and and provide shelter and other help in our downtown area where many homeless are living.
Good day. This is a nice question, as it allows people to kind of “brag” about their church.What has your church done that has been beneficial/successful for the community and your church?? Food pantry, clothing drives, free dinners, prayer blankets, etc.??? Anything that has worked really well?
Good day. This is a nice question, as it allows people to kind of “brag” about their church.
I belong to a non-denominational church; Christ Fellowship, in South Florida. My church is rather large, with over 10,000 members and campuses located in seven areas of South Florida. They also have an on-line ministry that focuses on spreading the word of God to those that cannot attend a physical location or are not located in South Florida. We also have ministries in Cuba, Colombia, Jamaica, and El Salvador. The vision is to eventually have ministries throughout Latin America and the Caribbean, as a large percentage of church members, to include myself, come from these regions.
We help our community, in the following ways:
There is obviously more, but the above are the main programs. I am still among those that still need to work; however, there will come a time when I too can retire and I home to spend as much time as possible volunteering and serving God through my church.
- Serve the under-resourced weekly, via our Care Cottage (Food Pantry and Care Closet);
- Serve the homeless in Homestead and Downtown Miami, via a cooperative with the Chapman Partnership;
- A Backpack program that provides food to thousands of hungry children, usually delivering these backpacks t their schools;
- We provide support and assistance to single moms, domestic violence victims, and assisted living homes;
- We support our migrant population with language training and legal support;
- We support our orphan population with monthly child care, birthday parties, and providing roll models and by working closely with the Department of Children and Families, Big Brothers & Big Sisters, Macklemore Center, His House, Florida Baptist Children’s Homes, Safe Space Shelters.
We call church as christian assembly,, I am Shepherd to this.. we have elders and deaconsWhat has your church done that has been beneficial/successful for the community and your church?? Food pantry, clothing drives, free dinners, prayer blankets, etc.??? Anything that has worked really well?
The sufferings of people is encouraging church to work well
we do lot of charity works to give helping hands to widows, poor people, victims, orphan kids
Our churches are small.. the need is high and our strength is very low,,
God need to open the doors to do more works for suffering people
Jas 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
Thank you for encouragement..I agree. There is much need & much to be done. I pray your efforts be blessed and fruitful.