What if tomorrow never comes…?

When we think about life, we often focus on what we've done, make plans, and organize our days ahead. However, the Word of God reminds us: “Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring” (Proverbs 27:1).

Recently, a catastrophic typhoon struck, claiming the lives of hundreds. As we follow the news, we are left to ponder—what if tomorrow isn’t guaranteed? Just this week, a sudden muddy-flood engulfed a village, trapping many in its muddy waters, never to rise again. Had they known tomorrow was uncertain, how might they have lived? And if we are still blessed to see another sunrise, how will we live?

I once read a quote that said, "Live like tomorrow never comes." It’s meant to encourage persistence and keep on trying, but as Christians, we have a different calling: live each day as though tomorrow may never come, devoting our lives entirely to the Lord. For those who haven’t secured their eternity, today is the time to do so.

At times, life’s hardships may make us feel like giving up, thinking that an end to life will bring peace. But that’s the perspective of the world. They don’t realize that eternity without Christ brings far greater suffering. God created humans uniquely, giving us a body, mind, and—most importantly—a soul, which He deeply values. While animals may sense danger, only humans understand the weight of sin and the need for salvation.

When we look at the world, we see political corruption and deception. Leaders use cunning tactics to gain power and bring others down. Here in Myanmar, we’ve lived under military coups since our independence in 1947. Protest leaders are arrested, tortured, and silenced while deceitful actions continue to mislead the people. Despite the cruelty, many forget the past, and these injustices persist.

Even in powerful nations like the United States, the same struggle is evident today. The other party wants to take down the opponent and they want to control no matter trouble they bring into the country or how people suffer. This kind of cunning behavior is sinful, but nobody can do anything. I feel as ministers of the Lord, we should sometimes step back from the media. Because it brings many negativities. However, we also must stay informed because the enemy is working harder and wisely than ever to deceive as many as possible in these end times.

It’s vital that we not only teach from the Bible but also relate the message to what we see happening in the world, related to their personal. Personal testimonies are powerful tools for leading others to Christ. In some areas of Burma, people have no access to the internet, books, or even basic communication or transportation. Christianity has been entered for years, yet many lives remain unchanged. Many are Christian in name only—baptized at 12 because it’s mandatory, but they do not attend church, read the Bible, or pray. They work hard all week, and on Sunday, they rest—not to worship, but to shift from one form of labor to another. The sermons they hear offer no connection to their lives, and the pastor preached the men of the Bible every week. People consider no at all good sermon. There is no outside informative or a good testimony that related their life difficulties.

The lack of resources—such as literature, Sunday school classes, and Bible studies—are the cause and it burdens my heart. All I can do is pray for them. As our ministry grows, we hope to bring some transformation to these areas.

In the end time, the world is filled with evil and deceit, as Satan seeks to take as many souls with him as he can. How are we responding to this gift of life and the soul that God has entrusted to us? Ending our earthly trials does not mean an end to all trials—eternity awaits. There are countless people who don’t know if they will have a tomorrow, like here in Burma. What if they knew the truth?

What if you still know tomorrow is sure, no matter what burden you might carry?

Life’s trials, difficulties, and burdens affect all of us, no matter our race or background. We all face struggles, but if you are blessed to see another morning, remember to say, “Thank you, Lord.” Walk with Him, and bring your burdens to Him, for He promises to lighten them (Matthew 11:28-30).

In our country, we are enduring the horrors of military airstrikes, natural disasters, unsafe living conditions, fear, hyperinflation, and unemployment. We don’t know what to do, and when we get sick, there is no hospital to go to or medicine to buy. Death surrounds us, sometimes just outside our door.

If you feel lost or burdened, but still have the hope of tomorrow, be thankful.

Jesus said, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?" (John 11:25-26).

Our country is suffering from bombing of military army airstrike, natural disasters, unsafety living conditions, fear, too much expensive (hyperinflation) and we don’t have work. We don’t know what to do. If we get sick, we don’t have the money at all to go to hospital or purchase a medicine. We read the news of people’s dying every day, death surrounds us, sometimes just outside our door. Recently a school was bombed by airstrike, an escape teacher told the media in tear, we prepared for the situation for the whole time. We heard the sound of a fighter jet, but we don’t have time to run. I have lost all my students.

If you feel you are in great trial and lost way, but still have a chance for tomorrow that your life can still be transformed, please be grateful!

Jesus said, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?” (John 11:25-26).

Thank you for your post, very sobering.
Most of us have probbly never experienced anything like that.

I just like to add some thoughts.
Your story reminded me of Hebrews 11 especially v 30 onwards.
Testimonies can be helpful, but only if they contain a clear Gospel message.
We don't know much about Timothy's testimony.
But we know he was a faithful servant and that is most important.

Paul told him

Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and encourage with every form of patient instruction.
For the time will come when men will not tolerate sound doctrine, but with itching ears they will gather around themselves teachers to suit their own desires.…(2 Tim. 4:2,3)

Everything is in vain if it is not according to the Word of God and pointing people to Christ

Paul also wrote:

How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard?
And how are they to hear without someone preaching?
So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ (Rom . 10,14,17)

Praying for you !

When we think about life, we often focus on what we've done, make plans, and organize our days ahead. However, the Word of God reminds us: “Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring” (Proverbs 27:1).

Recently, a catastrophic typhoon struck, claiming the lives of hundreds. As we follow the news, we are left to ponder—what if tomorrow isn’t guaranteed? Just this week, a sudden muddy-flood engulfed a village, trapping many in its muddy waters, never to rise again. Had they known tomorrow was uncertain, how might they have lived? And if we are still blessed to see another sunrise, how will we live?

I once read a quote that said, "Live like tomorrow never comes." It’s meant to encourage persistence and keep on trying, but as Christians, we have a different calling: live each day as though tomorrow may never come, devoting our lives entirely to the Lord. For those who haven’t secured their eternity, today is the time to do so.

At times, life’s hardships may make us feel like giving up, thinking that an end to life will bring peace. But that’s the perspective of the world. They don’t realize that eternity without Christ brings far greater suffering. God created humans uniquely, giving us a body, mind, and—most importantly—a soul, which He deeply values. While animals may sense danger, only humans understand the weight of sin and the need for salvation.

When we look at the world, we see political corruption and deception. Leaders use cunning tactics to gain power and bring others down. Here in Myanmar, we’ve lived under military coups since our independence in 1947. Protest leaders are arrested, tortured, and silenced while deceitful actions continue to mislead the people. Despite the cruelty, many forget the past, and these injustices persist.

Even in powerful nations like the United States, the same struggle is evident today. The other party wants to take down the opponent and they want to control no matter trouble they bring into the country or how people suffer. This kind of cunning behavior is sinful, but nobody can do anything. I feel as ministers of the Lord, we should sometimes step back from the media. Because it brings many negativities. However, we also must stay informed because the enemy is working harder and wisely than ever to deceive as many as possible in these end times.

It’s vital that we not only teach from the Bible but also relate the message to what we see happening in the world, related to their personal. Personal testimonies are powerful tools for leading others to Christ. In some areas of Burma, people have no access to the internet, books, or even basic communication or transportation. Christianity has been entered for years, yet many lives remain unchanged. Many are Christian in name only—baptized at 12 because it’s mandatory, but they do not attend church, read the Bible, or pray. They work hard all week, and on Sunday, they rest—not to worship, but to shift from one form of labor to another. The sermons they hear offer no connection to their lives, and the pastor preached the men of the Bible every week. People consider no at all good sermon. There is no outside informative or a good testimony that related their life difficulties.

The lack of resources—such as literature, Sunday school classes, and Bible studies—are the cause and it burdens my heart. All I can do is pray for them. As our ministry grows, we hope to bring some transformation to these areas.

In the end time, the world is filled with evil and deceit, as Satan seeks to take as many souls with him as he can. How are we responding to this gift of life and the soul that God has entrusted to us? Ending our earthly trials does not mean an end to all trials—eternity awaits. There are countless people who don’t know if they will have a tomorrow, like here in Burma. What if they knew the truth?

What if you still know tomorrow is sure, no matter what burden you might carry?

Life’s trials, difficulties, and burdens affect all of us, no matter our race or background. We all face struggles, but if you are blessed to see another morning, remember to say, “Thank you, Lord.” Walk with Him, and bring your burdens to Him, for He promises to lighten them (Matthew 11:28-30).

In our country, we are enduring the horrors of military airstrikes, natural disasters, unsafe living conditions, fear, hyperinflation, and unemployment. We don’t know what to do, and when we get sick, there is no hospital to go to or medicine to buy. Death surrounds us, sometimes just outside our door.

If you feel lost or burdened, but still have the hope of tomorrow, be thankful.

Jesus said, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?" (John 11:25-26).

Our country is suffering from bombing of military army airstrike, natural disasters, unsafety living conditions, fear, too much expensive (hyperinflation) and we don’t have work. We don’t know what to do. If we get sick, we don’t have the money at all to go to hospital or purchase a medicine. We read the news of people’s dying every day, death surrounds us, sometimes just outside our door. Recently a school was bombed by airstrike, an escape teacher told the media in tear, we prepared for the situation for the whole time. We heard the sound of a fighter jet, but we don’t have time to run. I have lost all my students.

If you feel you are in great trial and lost way, but still have a chance for tomorrow that your life can still be transformed, please be grateful!

Jesus said, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?” (John 11:25-26).
Thank you brother for an eloquent and timely message. We should never take tomorrow for granted and should pray as Moses prayed when he asked God to "teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom."
(Psalm 90:12.NKJV)

Thank you, God bless you!
Thank you for your post, very sobering.
Most of us have probbly never experienced anything like that.

I just like to add some thoughts.
Your story reminded me of Hebrews 11 especially v 30 onwards.
Testimonies can be helpful, but only if they contain a clear Gospel message.
We don't know much about Timothy's testimony.
But we know he was a faithful servant and that is most important.

Paul told him

Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and encourage with every form of patient instruction.
For the time will come when men will not tolerate sound doctrine, but with itching ears they will gather around themselves teachers to suit their own desires.…(2 Tim. 4:2,3)

Everything is in vain if it is not according to the Word of God and pointing people to Christ

Paul also wrote:

How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard?
And how are they to hear without someone preaching?
So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ (Rom . 10,14,17)

Praying for you

Back