What Is A Generational Oppression/curse?

It's rather sad, but never will you find more denial than asking relatives to fess up to the bad behavior of their wayward pasts. You're more likely to get honest answers from a complete stranger.

What I would suggest - go have a heart to heart with a pastor you trust - if Catholic, Coptic or Orthodox go to confession, and take full communion at every liturgy. Go to church minimum once a week. Get into the habit of daily prayers - the more the better. Spend quiet time outdoors with just you, God, and the wildlife. Clean up personal behavior and attitudes, bathe regularly, dress well, be happy, be kind, speak well, do not lust, do not drink, don't drugs or associate with losers and malcontents. Basically - get your soul clean, do regular maintenance, and do the same for the body.
You want to make it easy for God to speak to you and hard for Satan to.

thank you

Demonic oppression is something I have felt I'm under. I never truly manage to escape or get that relationship with Christ. Fits and starts, periods of going astray, most of the time just trying to live with things and never managing to be a fruitful Christian.

The generational thing frightens the wits out of me though. I went their maybe 15 years ago and only found a world of accusations. That coupled with a failed exorcism is a time I'd rather forget.

the thought of it scares me too. I really hope that you find that relationship with Christ. I will be praying for you.

Sounds like a good plan! ;)

Just remember-don't force it-allow God to work His way in His time. Our ways are feeble. (BTW: you do have a voice in your own home; don't be afraid to tell your mother-in-law she is being ridiculous-in a loving kind and gentle way with your husband present.)

thank you. I may when and if I see her. but I know not to say anything like that with out my husband being there. she likes to turn things around.

Back