What is an impression from Spirit?

Via dolarossa

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Secretary
Ok so, I think I had an impression on my spirit. And just want it verified so I can notice it again in the future.

so, when I realised I was saved( not the eternal salvation kind) I immediately got an strong impression on my spirit around my head area of the Christian forum site🥳
I don’t know why this impressed on me as I haven’t thought about this place in about 8 months. But a couple of days later got a message off someone on here who I haven’t even spoke to before privately.
Is this Holy Spirit activity?

Ok so, I think I had an impression on my spirit. And just want it verified so I can notice it again in the future.

so, when I realised I was saved( not the eternal salvation kind) I immediately got an strong impression on my spirit around my head area of the Christian forum site🥳
I don’t know why this impressed on me as I haven’t thought about this place in about 8 months. But a couple of days later got a message off someone on here who I haven’t even spoke to before privately.

Hello Via;

The world loves to use the word coincidence as circumstances that happen that we cannot explain. The world loves to use this argument against God's plans and purposes, replaced with coincidence.

God's plans and purposes are used lovingly to inspire us who choose to follow Him lovingly. When we follow Christ we also walk by the Spirit.

John 20:22, 22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit.

Christian Forum Site is God breathed and equates to the Holy Spirit.

When you were contacted it was the prompting of the Holy Spirit, for God's good.

God bless you, Via, and your family.

It certainly sounds like it was a prompting by the Holy Spirit. One way you can know when it is not the Holy Spirit is if following the advice leads you into committing some kind of sin, even a very small one. God won't lead us to do something sinful or something that harms us. I had to point that out because there are lots of spirit beings that love to get us to do their bidding. People in the New Age are very familiar with these beings, they think that just because an event was supernatural that it had to come from God and that's just not true.
So always consider what came from the prompting.

Luke 24:32, when we have feelings, it may just be that those, thoughts, words, ideas are meant for us. Not for other people, I find it best, if I think I have a message for someone, just to pray, and he will give it directly through his word.

I find it best, if I think I have a message for someone, just to pray, and he will give it directly through his word.
David, do you understand that we all may have different walks in the Lord? If you feel lead to just pray for the person that is fine and it's all you should do. Sometimes that happens with me but there were other times when I knew I had to tell a person something that was revealed to me. Usually this happened with people in my family that I was very close with. The man I'm thinking about grew up with me except as adults I went the way of Jesus and the Bible while he went the way of the New Age. I prayed for him many times but I also had to tell him things. I didn't enjoy doing it, I just knew I had to.

I see we're both new to CFS as well as similar in age. Can I ask you how long you've been a believer? I'm a believer about 40 yrs. I want to make a post on how I came to be a believer but I have to wait until the words come to me. We all have interesting stories, usually complete with 1 or more supernatural happenings.

Hopefully all I did was express my view, and that is that i prefer to put my trust in the scripture, if you are saying that I cannot express that opinion. Then that is your prerogative. However, I will keep the opinion. as someone was once said in a reflection on Nehemiah 1. We pray , then trust and take actions . or as Micah 6:8 says, love justice, show mercy, and walk humbly with the Lord God. Nothing confrontational there, nothing argumentative, I prefer to trust God's word than my own heart, which tends to be fickle and proud.

David,
I didn't say you can't express your opinion nor did I say you shouldn't follow the Lord in the way you feel called to do. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

It certainly sounds like it was a prompting by the Holy Spirit. One way you can know when it is not the Holy Spirit is if following the advice leads you into committing some kind of sin, even a very small one. God won't lead us to do something sinful or something that harms us. I had to point that out because there are lots of spirit beings that love to get us to do their bidding. People in the New Age are very familiar with these beings, they think that just because an event was supernatural that it had to come from God and that's just not true.
So always consider what came from the prompting.

hi john T.
You make a good point about new age stuff. I flirted a bit with new age stuff before I became a hardcore Lordite.
It was easy to do, you just sit there and make a wish and wait haha.
Cosmic ordering I think it’s called!
But I’ve noticed on new age forums, non of them are asking for qualities that are pleasing to the Lord.
No one wants patience, they want it now!
Not many wants to actually learn something... or be something other than someone else’s partner.
I quite like some of Neville goddards teachings on certain topics like faith and
Love, but struggle to accept his idea that we are God.
I mean, I just don’t know how many hairs I’ve got on my head already,

Many times when the Lord is urging me to do something, I will notice lots and lots of seemingly coincidental happenings that all lead in the same direction. Then I will start coming accross scripture verses and passages that will speak to me in a new way. If I tell myself that it is just coincidence, I will find myself increasingly uneasy until I figure out what He wants me to do and then act upon it.

But when I follow that leading, I find that there was something He wanted me to know and/or do. Sometimes it is a 'chance' meeting where I may have a chance to really discuss the Lord with someone new, or where that new person will demonstrate something I need to understand. When this happens, and I later put is all together, I get a warm joy that the Lord has taught me something.

It was easy to do, you just sit there and make a wish and wait haha.

Yes, I have noticed that many, even some who seem to really love the Lord, seem to approach prayer in that manner.

What I have found is that while in prayer asking for my hearts desire, I find my heart being changed to more align with God's plan than aligning God's plan to my desires. Not that He doesn't sometimes also grant the thing I asked for, but He is better at planning my life than I am so it is better to let Him guide my life.

It sounds like you all already know the new age is bad. That's good. Back in 1990 I had never heard of the new age and that was when a close relative got involved with it. I had to learn what it was and then refute their beliefs for the next 20 yrs. If you have any doubts just how bad the new age is there's a guy named Steven Bancarz who has done some excellent anti new age videos.

My standard is Psalm 119. There are a number of issues around calling. Basically if you do something that adhere's to God word, and you are skilled, trained or able to complete the task you believe is your calling do it. The greatest gift in this field I believe is humility

My standard is Psalm 119. There are a number of issues around calling. Basically if you do something that adhere's to God word, and you are skilled, trained or able to complete the task you believe is your calling do it. The greatest gift in this field I believe is humility
😍
I have just been thinking about this just this morning.

As I went shopping the other day, The Spirit of the Lord directed me to do something I wasn’t expecting..
normally, I pick up a great big greasy breakfast wrap after working a night shift , and instead of buying a great big greasy breakfast wrap I found myself suddenly swerved by a wind power into the fresh veg department without my consent!,
Gliding along, I proceeded to fill my cart with things I don’t normally buy..crunchy cut and prepared fruit and veg. very healthy stuff😊

I had no free will. And It felt so good.

It was my calling to buy those things as I had the skill and ability, I just had no free will

This sounds odd as I though God gave us free will
Maybe He only gave us free will in Christ

what do you think
We only have free will before Christ?

No Via Dolorosa, he gave us free will. I have the choice to follow the bible or to follow my own path. So what work should you do. Is it ethical, will you breach any of God's commands? Out of the many jobs you could do, that fit this you need to then look at your qualification. Could I build bridges, No, I'm not an Engineer. As to the breakfast, you have a choice as well, eating a greasy fat filled breakfast is neither bad or good, biblically, what did God tell Peter in the attic. But for sure Muesli/Cereal will probably mean your meeting with God, may be put off for a few years. Yet you know this, you know the risks, you don't need God's urges, you know that breakfast with Double Bacon, fries, eggs is not healthy, but you have a choice. Free will is at work in all of us, God does not, will not treat us like automaton's then where would Faith be.

I don’t know what my calling is work wise David.
I fell into healthcare and haven’t had any strong urge or calling toward anything else.
It’s an easy job, boring, but it pays the bills. I call on the Lord in this area of my life but he just diverts me to the vegetable isle..
Maybe he’s trying to tell me aomething🥴

Thanks and bless you and your family

It sounds like you all already know the new age is bad. That's good. Back in 1990 I had never heard of the new age and that was when a close relative got involved with it. I had to learn what it was and then refute their beliefs for the next 20 yrs. If you have any doubts just how bad the new age is there's a guy named Steven Bancarz who has done some excellent anti new age videos.

I watched the video about him explaining new age and him being saved from it. Glad to hear that.

I’ve also read that some of the new age movement believe God is consciousness. / awareness.
I like this As consciousness Does create from nothing and so does God. Everything exists in consciousness and everything exists in God. Yet the bible never calls God consciousness. So maybe new age has some good things.. just not hocus pocus Mumbo jumbo.
and I might be God after all...
If I remove who I think I am lol but I’m open so
If God isn’t consciousness then change my view.
Xx

Ok I’ve been thinking.
I prefer the term God as I cannot for the life of me listen to my beautiful Gregorian chants feeling a warm fuzz from the word consciousness.. it feels so.. well.. tinny

Last edited:
The consciousness movement is not a movement caused by the will of man alone. Collective consciousness moves itself, with us as its vessels. Consciousness has always been moving. It is only our awareness of it that is greater, and in this greater awareness we accelerate its motion.

God is an actual person, Moses met him, 1st Person of the Trinity. Jesus is an actual person, many met him, but one of the earliest is Abraham. Abraham bowed to God. The third person was is the Holy spirit. Of Course God is conscious of what he does and when, he can act to change things also. He can allow his passive will to be met, by not intervening. There is a vast difference between saying God is Conscious, and saying he is consciousness. By the way the main body of this movement is Krishna. Think George Harrison ex Beatle in particular, but also John Lennon, I dont think Ringo Starr or Paul McCartney stayed involved, but notice a common theme, troubled young men all.

Back