What is God really like?

There is something worse that being an Atheist!!!!

It is believing in God - but having the wrong concept of what He is actually like.

Each "religion" that you can think of has a different picture of God. Each one has just a "little" truth and say only what we want to hearand allow us in our own minds to fill in the blanks.

FACT: A stopped, broken clock is right twice a day, however that broken clock is worse than no clock at all, because it allways gives you misleading and false information every time you consult it. "Think about that for just a moment"!

Allow me to give you an illustration......
.A young lawerjust opened his own office. He just passed the bar exam and was sitting at his desk. His new secreatry says that a Mr. Barker is here to see him about a business matter. Thinking that it was his 1st customer he wanted to make the right impression. So as the new client came into the room, the lawer picked up the phone and yelled into it saying..........
"Absolutly not! You can tell them that I will not settle this case for less than the $500 thousand we are sueing for and do not bother me agin until that amount has been agreed upon"! Then he slammed the phone down angrely to as to make a good-firm impression upon Mr. Barker!

Then he turned to the new client and asked.....what can I do for you today?

The new man said, "Hello, My name is Mr. Barker and I am here to connect and tuen on your new phone"!!!!!!

Hello Major, that is a great question would like to answer it with scripture hope you do not mind.

What is God really like?​

It talks about how God is love.​
This is what he is really like.​
Yes He is also the judge, and will judge others for whatever it is they do in their life. God also works on individuals in their life, when their heart is lead to Him to be worked on, and only God knows the hearts of all humans.​
For no secret will remain in the dark, when anyone passes on from this life, and go to see God, and go on to the resurrection of condemnation for (unbelief of God or His Son Jesus Christ - Outside the kingdom of God), or go on to the resurrection of life, for (belief on God, and His Son Jesus Christ - inside of the kingdom of heaven.)​

1 John 4:
7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.

8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

9 In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him.

10 In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

12 No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.

13 By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit.

14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. 15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.

16 So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.

7 By this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment, because as he is so also are we in this world.

18 There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

19 We love because he first loved us.

20 If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot[a] love God whom he has not seen.

21 And this commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother.

Thank you for your question Major. You have a good day sir take care!

Hello Major, that is a great question would like to answer it with scripture hope you do not mind.

What is God really like?​

It talks about how God is love.​
This is what he is really like.​
Yes He is also the judge, and will judge others for whatever it is they do in their life. God also works on individuals in their life, when their heart is lead to Him to be worked on, and only God knows the hearts of all humans.​
For no secret will remain in the dark, when anyone passes on from this life, and go to see God, and go on to the resurrection of condemnation for (unbelief of God or His Son Jesus Christ - Outside the kingdom of God), or go on to the resurrection of life, for (belief on God, and His Son Jesus Christ - inside of the kingdom of heaven.)​

1 John 4:
7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.

8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

9 In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him.

10 In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

12 No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.

13 By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit.

14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. 15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.

16 So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.

7 By this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment, because as he is so also are we in this world.

18 There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

19 We love because he first loved us.

20 If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot[a] love God whom he has not seen.

21 And this commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother.

Thank you for your question Major. You have a good day sir take care!
Also ,must bring in that He is a God that is Holy, and that he has wrath towards all who choose to not accept Jesus to save them!

There is something worse that being an Atheist!!!!

It is believing in God - but having the wrong concept of what He is actually like.

Each "religion" that you can think of has a different picture of God. Each one has just a "little" truth and say only what we want to hearand allow us in our own minds to fill in the blanks.

FACT: A stopped, broken clock is right twice a day, however that broken clock is worse than no clock at all, because it allways gives you misleading and false information every time you consult it. "Think about that for just a moment"!

Allow me to give you an illustration......
.A young lawerjust opened his own office. He just passed the bar exam and was sitting at his desk. His new secreatry says that a Mr. Barker is here to see him about a business matter. Thinking that it was his 1st customer he wanted to make the right impression. So as the new client came into the room, the lawer picked up the phone and yelled into it saying..........
"Absolutly not! You can tell them that I will not settle this case for less than the $500 thousand we are sueing for and do not bother me agin until that amount has been agreed upon"! Then he slammed the phone down angrely to as to make a good-firm impression upon Mr. Barker!

Then he turned to the new client and asked.....what can I do for you today?

The new man said, "Hello, My name is Mr. Barker and I am here to connect and tuen on your new phone"!!!!!!

A urban alternative or another way of looking at it.I would ofer. The religion of Atheism is the pagan foundation of all the kingdoms of this world (out of sight out of mind) .

Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good

Psalm 5:5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

Un converted mankind called the evil generation as those who seek after signs before they will believe. They have no faith that comes from hearing God in their hearts and therefore cannot please our heavenly father. .

This includes the Jewish nation. There is no nation that does not sin by acting foolish. Only God not seen is the one good Master as Lord .

I think the principle found in Galatians 3 is shown working calling us back to repentance, comforting establishing the first love . . .A labor of His love.

Our God giving us ears to hear his understanding and power to help us perform to we can return to our first love (ears to hear and a heart to believe) .

Galatians 3:1-5 King James Version (KJV) O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain. He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

It would be kind of like hearing the voice of God heard throughout a bank inwardly saying; “give me all my money”. And mankind selling everything they have to fulfill the desire. . freely giving it to the poor (the gospel). .

The comforter who not only teaches but as a reliable witness works in us and the great bonus he brings the previous lesson understanding so we can grow if we do not act the fool .

John 14:26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

A urban alternative or another way of looking at it.I would ofer. The religion of Atheism is the pagan foundation of all the kingdoms of this world (out of sight out of mind) .

Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good

Psalm 5:5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

Un converted mankind called the evil generation as those who seek after signs before they will believe. They have no faith that comes from hearing God in their hearts and therefore cannot please our heavenly father. .

This includes the Jewish nation. There is no nation that does not sin by acting foolish. Only God not seen is the one good Master as Lord .

I think the principle found in Galatians 3 is shown working calling us back to repentance, comforting establishing the first love . . .A labor of His love.

Our God giving us ears to hear his understanding and power to help us perform to we can return to our first love (ears to hear and a heart to believe) .

Galatians 3:1-5 King James Version (KJV) O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain. He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

It would be kind of like hearing the voice of God heard throughout a bank inwardly saying; “give me all my money”. And mankind selling everything they have to fulfill the desire. . freely giving it to the poor (the gospel). .

The comforter who not only teaches but as a reliable witness works in us and the great bonus he brings the previous lesson understanding so we can grow if we do not act the fool .

John 14:26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

A young woman who had all the appearances of "being on fire for Jesus," once tried to tell me that the early Church people sold "all" they had and gave to the poor. When I challenged her to show to me where the texts said that they sold "all" that they had, she was unable to do so.

When I asked her how it would make sense for those believers to impoverish themselves out into the streets after having sold all they had, and therefore becoming additional burdens upon the Church, and where the sense was in that thinking, she had no answers. All I got from her was, "Oh. Hmm. I don't know..."

There are way too many assumptions out there among the most zealous that defy reason to which the Lord called us to do, even with Him.

MM

A young woman who had all the appearances of "being on fire for Jesus," once tried to tell me that the early Church people sold "all" they had and gave to the poor. When I challenged her to show to me where the texts said that they sold "all" that they had, she was unable to do so.

When I asked her how it would make sense for those believers to impoverish themselves out into the streets after having sold all they had, and therefore becoming additional burdens upon the Church, and where the sense was in that thinking, she had no answers. All I got from her was, "Oh. Hmm. I don't know..."

There are way too many assumptions out there among the most zealous that defy reason to which the Lord called us to do, even with Him.

MM

Agree. Of all the animals that God created, God gave us a brain for a reason.

Also ,must bring in that He is a God that is Holy, and that he has wrath towards all who choose to not accept Jesus to save them!

Absolutely!

Is His name really Allah?

Does God really reward people who murder women and children?

Does God actually want all infidels killed?

Is God the God of the Diests, an impersonal God sitting by and not caring what happens?

Is He the great God "Brahmin" of the Hindues and wants us to live and die over and over until we get it right.....what ever "right" is?

Is He the God of the New Agers who say we are all god and we can worship trees, crystals and frogs?

Is He the "Force" of Star Wars that we can manipulate into what we want from HiM?

ALL of these are REAL world teachings who are imbraced by the freinds and family all around us!!!!

I submitt that we must be able to give a better answer than God is love! He is of course that but why is that the case?

MM
Hi MM, the young lady probably based her belief upon the situation in Acts 4:31-35, but while that situation illustrated model behavior, nowhere in the rest of the NT do we find indications of that becoming the normative behavior for the entire nascent Church.

Whew! That way we don't have to preach to a spitting camel...a real one that is. Some self-proclaimed atheists are like preaching to camels...

MM

Some self proclimed Christians are much like speaking to camels!!!!!

Hey brothers;

I don't mean to digress. I never heard that expression, "preach to a spitting camel," or "speaking to camels." However, I have heard "preaching to sheep" which may also fall under same expression.

Whew! That way we don't have to preach to a spitting camel...a real one that is. Some self-proclaimed atheists are like preaching to camels...

MM

Hope you don’t mind talking about camels .

I would offer. Exactly or preaching to Asses. Both are used as messengers as in how beautiful are the feet that bring the gospel.

Genesis 24:64 And Rebekah lifted up her eyes, and when she saw Isaac, she lighted off the camel.

Camels like asses are also used to represent that which causes increase. The gospel the word of God it can increase our faith.

Genesis 30:43 And the man increased exceedingly, and had much cattle, and maidservants, and menservants, and camels, and asses.

Both unclean animals camel and asses are to represent un-believers, not redeemed by the lamb .Those who are not yoked with the lamb .

I would think teaching us God is not served by the corrupted hands as a will of man , but is served by the will and power of the unseen father the glory of God the new order not seen .

It would seem Asses used as parables in ceremonial shadows are used to represent the beast of burden that kings of Israel rode on. . . that which does carry the good news of Him unseen A picture of the lamb of God riding on the witness of God’s word in the parable below.

Exodus 34:20 But the firstling of an ass thou shalt redeem with a lamb: and if thou redeem him not, then shalt thou break his neck. All the firstborn of thy sons thou shalt redeem. And none shall appear before me empty.

That witness of one sent (apostle) worked in the lying prophet Balaam . . preventing him from prophesying against the message of the Ass. Again teaching God is not served by unbelief a corrupted will as the oral tradition of mankind . They can make His tradition as it is written to no effect. We cannot serve two teaching masters.

In that way Jesus the lamb of God is used to represent the unseen King of kings and unseen Lord of lords . Not revealed by flesh and blood.

Zechariah 9:9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

The Lamb of God riding upon both an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass. A picture of redemption rebirth.

Absolutely!

Is His name really Allah?

Does God really reward people who murder women and children?

Does God actually want all infidels killed?

Is God the God of the Diests, an impersonal God sitting by and not caring what happens?

Is He the great God "Brahmin" of the Hindues and wants us to live and die over and over until we get it right.....what ever "right" is?

Is He the God of the New Agers who say we are all god and we can worship trees, crystals and frogs?

Is He the "Force" of Star Wars that we can manipulate into what we want from HiM?

ALL of these are REAL world teachings who are imbraced by the freinds and family all around us!!!!

I submitt that we must be able to give a better answer than God is love! He is of course that but why is that the case?
Then we have the Christians who really love Jesus, but do not like the God of the OT, for he was 'cruel and bad", but was the very same God both testaments!

Hope you don’t mind talking about camels .

I would offer. Exactly or preaching to Asses. Both are used as messengers as in how beautiful are the feet that bring the gospel.

Genesis 24:64 And Rebekah lifted up her eyes, and when she saw Isaac, she lighted off the camel.

Camels like asses are also used to represent that which causes increase. The gospel the word of God it can increase our faith.

Genesis 30:43 And the man increased exceedingly, and had much cattle, and maidservants, and menservants, and camels, and asses.

Both unclean animals camel and asses are to represent un-believers, not redeemed by the lamb .Those who are not yoked with the lamb .

I would think teaching us God is not served by the corrupted hands as a will of man , but is served by the will and power of the unseen father the glory of God the new order not seen .

It would seem Asses used as parables in ceremonial shadows are used to represent the beast of burden that kings of Israel rode on. . . that which does carry the good news of Him unseen A picture of the lamb of God riding on the witness of God’s word in the parable below.

Exodus 34:20 But the firstling of an ass thou shalt redeem with a lamb: and if thou redeem him not, then shalt thou break his neck. All the firstborn of thy sons thou shalt redeem. And none shall appear before me empty.

That witness of one sent (apostle) worked in the lying prophet Balaam . . preventing him from prophesying against the message of the Ass. Again teaching God is not served by unbelief a corrupted will as the oral tradition of mankind . They can make His tradition as it is written to no effect. We cannot serve two teaching masters.

In that way Jesus the lamb of God is used to represent the unseen King of kings and unseen Lord of lords . Not revealed by flesh and blood.

Zechariah 9:9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

The Lamb of God riding upon both an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass. A picture of redemption rebirth.

That's all interesting, but specifically, I referenced "spitting" camels. I doubt the camel spit at Rebekah. Isaak likely would have cut its head off had it done that to her...

MM

Like it or not, people must realize that God comes as a complete package; God's not a pick and choose buffet.

Agreed. The same God who some lavish LOVE on...and rightly so......is the very same God who said that all who do not come to Him through Jesus the Son would spent their ertrnity in torments in the Lake of Fire.

Back