What is Jesus' "rod of iron" to rule the nations with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If all prophecy concerning Israel has been fulfilled, and God is done with unbelieving Israel, where does this fit in?…

Luke 13:35 CSB
[35] See, your house is abandoned to you. I tell you, you will not see me until the time comes when you say, 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord'!"
hmm I think that scripture means the Israelites might say this to the righteous Gentiles have saved their bacon after all. Come forth Christians. We don't hate you anymore.

hmm I think that scripture means the Israelites might say this to the righteous Gentiles have saved their bacon after all. Come forth Christians. We don't hate you anymore.
Either way as far as 'who' is being addressed (whether God or the 'righteous Gentiles'), the point is, it is yet to be fulfilled, thus debunking theories that say 'all prophecies have been fulfilled'.

You said...........
"You say you know numbers. Well, it seems you do not understand that Revelation is a book of 7s. Each with a catastrophe upon the Jews who stayed in Jerusalem and suffered at the hands of the Romans. The Romans were actually God’s instrument in the punishment in Jerusalem AD67-70."

In reality I said..........
"Yes. I am very familiar with numbers in Scriptures. "

The 7's you are referring to are the Judgments' of God in the 7 Year Tribulation Period.

There will be seven (7) seals, seven trumpets, (7) and seven bowls (7).

SEVEN judgments = 21 and are included in a set of 3 THREE. THREE sets of 7 each.
The number 3 is used 467 times in the Bible. It pictures completeness, though to a lesser degree than 7. The meaning of this number derives from the fact that it is the first of four spiritually perfect numerals (the others being 7, 10 and 12).
There are 27 books in the New Testament, which is 3 x 3 x 3, or completeness to the third power.
Jesus prayed three times in Gethsemane before His arrest.
He was placed on the cross at the 3rd hour of the day (9 a.m.) and died at the 9th hour (3 p.m.).
There were 3 hours of darkness that covered the land while Jesus was suffering on the cross from the 6th hour to the 9th hour.
Three is the number of resurrection. Christ was dead for 3 full days and 3 full nights a total of 72 hours,

The Seven SEAL Judgments are.........
  1. the first seal signifies the rising of the antichrist.
  2. then comes war (the second seal),
  3. then famine (the third seal), and
  4. the fourth death (the fourth seal).
  5. then come persecution and martyrdom (the fifth seal).
  6. Finally, we have terrifying cataclysms hitting the natural world (the sixth seal).
  7. The seventh seal is in Revelation 8:1 which contains the 7 Trumpet Judgments and the 7th Trumpet judgment contains the 7 Bowl Judgments.
The Seven TRUMPET Judgments are.......
1. Hail and fire mixed with blood, and it was hurled down on the earth.
2. Something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea.
3. A great star, blazing, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water, the name of the star is Wormwood.
4. A third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them turned dark.
5. A demonic influence, described as locusts, to torment those who have rejected God.
6. An army of 200 million men which marches into the Promised land.
7. The angel of God blows his Trumpet and the last set of 7 Judgments are the BOWL Judgments.

The SEVEN BOWL Judgments are.........
1. First Bowl: Loathsome Sores.
2. Second Bowl: The Sea Turns to Blood.
3. Third Bowl: The Fresh Waters Turn to Blood.
4. Fourth Bowl: Men Are Scorched
5. Fifth Bowl: Darkness and Pain
6. Sixth Bowl: Euphrates Dried Up
7. Seventh Bowl: The Earth Utterly Shaken
Revelation 16:17.......17 Then the seventh angel poured out his bowl into the air, and a loud voice came out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, “It is done!”

Now then......where in the Bible can you post the Scriptures where ALL of those events took place in a 7 year time span?????
Nice, you can agree with the 7s on Revelation. But you're missing WHO is being p unished in Revelatio n during the seize.
Ezekiel 39 is a good comparison where the birds would eat the flesh of the unbelieving Jews in Jerusalem during the 3/12 year assault .

If all prophecy concerning Israel has been fulfilled, and God is done with unbelieving Israel, where does this fit in?…

Luke 13:35 CSB
[35] See, your house is abandoned to you. I tell you, you will not see me until the time comes when you say, 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord'!"
Well, I don't know if induvidual Jews ever said that, but the Lord took their house and gave it to the Gentiles who produced fruit.

Luke 19:40
Context
40But Jesus answered, “I tell you, if these become silent, the stones will cry out!”
41When He approached Jerusalem, He saw the city and wept over it, 42saying, “If you had known in this day, even you, the things which make for peace! But now they have been hidden from your eyes. 43“For the days will come upon you when your enemies will throw up a barricade against you, and surround you and hem you in on every side, 44and they will level you to the ground and your children within you, and they will not leave in you one stone upon another, because you did not recognize the time of your visitation.”

Context
40But Jesus answered, “I tell you, if these become silent, the stones will cry out!”
41When He approached Jerusalem, He saw the city and wept over it, 42saying, “If you had known in this day, even you, the things which make for peace! But now they have been hidden from your eyes. 43“For the days will come upon you when your enemies will throw up a barricade against you, and surround you and hem you in on every side, 44and they will level you to the ground and your children within you, and they will not leave in you one stone upon another, because you did not recognize the time of your visitation.”
So, Jerusalem is being punished in Revelation. There's no doubt to me that mystery Babylon is and was Jerusalem.!

Nice, you can agree with the 7s on Revelation. But you're missing WHO is being p unished in Revelatio n during the seize.
Ezekiel 39 is a good comparison where the birds would eat the flesh of the unbelieving Jews in Jerusalem during the 3/12 year assault .

Harriet.....did you READ where the Bible says that Babylon can not be Jerusalem????

Please put aside your PRESERIST ideas and go with the Bible.

WHY would God destroy His Holy city????

It is funny why you would bring Ezekiel 39 into the conversation. Since you just did, allow me to say to you that from Ezekiel 38 and 39, the
Description of 'Gog, the land of Magog, chief prince of Meshech and Tubal [...] Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them [...] Gomer, and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: and many people with thee.'

There is no record of such a coalition of peoples ever being joined together, nor is there any evidence that such a coalition ever invaded Israel simply for plunder. Therefore, it is descriptive of no army that has ever invaded Israel as neither Antiochus, nor Titus Vespasian came for the specific purpose of plundering. And there is no historical evidence for any such coalition of peoples ever invading Israel at any time in history.

So, Jerusalem is being punished in Revelation. There's no doubt to me that mystery Babylon is and was Jerusalem.!
Now the whole idea of the 7 year Tribulation is to bring the Jews to God. There is NO doubt that Jerusalem is seen.
There is NO doubt that this peroid will be centered in Israel, but will be felt world wide!

But there is NO evidence that Jerusalem is BABYLON.

So then you are forcing me to ask you what you said you would do......."Where did you get your degree" and what is it in????

Context
Some people, and it seems that YOU are one of those....have erroneously postulated "this day" and this "visitation" is the fulfillment of the Dan. 9:25 prophecy, that Messiah the Prince would come to Israel at the end of the 69th week. However, most Bible scholars agree that the sixty-ninth week of Daniel expired exactly on the day of the Triumphal Entry of Jesus into Jerusalem.

The passage you used shows that kingdom conditions had been presented to Israel. But because of Israel's unbelief, there would be disastrous national consequences. These consequences occurred in A.D. 70 when Jerusalem was destroyed by the Romans. Sadly but accurately, Jesus' prediction came to pass. The day of visitation was missed.

I do not think I know of anyone who does not understand that Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 AD. However, I can count on my hand those whom I know that believe that 70 AD was the end time event which leads up to the return of Jesus.

Well, I don't know if induvidual Jews ever said that, but the Lord took their house and gave it to the Gentiles who produced fruit.
Yes, the Lord took their house temporarily and for a purpose...

Romans 11:11 (KJV) I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

So I ask: When ·the Jews [they] fell, did that fall destroy them [or they fall beyond recovery]? ·No [Absolutely not; May it never be; ! But their ·failure [transgression; violation] brought salvation to the Gentiles, in order to make ·the Jews [them] jealous. Romans 11:11 (Expanded Bible)

Harriet....... I must ask you this question. You are a Preterist. We have had several on this forum lately. All of you believe that Jesus came in 70 AD and post Scriptures to force that idea onto the rest of us. Now having said that...it means that YOU and THEM know whne Jesus came!

Matthew 24:36-44 declares, .........
“No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father…Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come…So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect Him.”

Please tell all of us HOW DO YOU KNOW?????

Your Preterists position is that YOU know when and how he already returned - in 70 AD. You are teaching that Jesus returned spiritually through the acts of the Roman army when they destroyed Jerusalem and the Temple in AD 70. According to the Bible the Millennium with Christ ruling would have commenced. So this has to be explained away.

How far from reality does one need to be to know they are wrong? The fact that the world has sustained sin and evil since 70 AD. Instead of it diminishing, it has reached a new zenith which does not fit at all into the description of the Millennium from the Bible. It seems to me that you, are purposely being oblivious to reality and yet they have the gall to mock those who hold to a futurist view of prophecy.

If we were in the Millennium then common sense would dictate that America is a new Jerusalem and Christ is ruling from the white house; since we are the most powerful nation that has the most powerful office in the world; Israel is only a friend of America. Sounds backward? It should for those who know their Bible.

We can also know that those who claim He returned when in fact he did not are false prophets and teachers according to Jesus.

Matt 24:26-27: ......
"Therefore if they say to you, 'Look, He is in the desert!' do not go out; or 'Look, He is in the inner rooms!' do not believe it. "For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

Please explain this to all of us!

Harriet....... I must ask you this question. You are a Preterist. We have had several on this forum lately. All of you believe that Jesus came in 70 AD and post Scriptures to force that idea onto the rest of us. Now having said that...it means that YOU and THEM know whne Jesus came!

Matthew 24:36-44 declares, .........
“No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father…Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come…So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect Him.”

Please tell all of us HOW DO YOU KNOW?????

Your Preterists position is that YOU know when and how he already returned - in 70 AD. You are teaching that Jesus returned spiritually through the acts of the Roman army when they destroyed Jerusalem and the Temple in AD 70. According to the Bible the Millennium with Christ ruling would have commenced. So this has to be explained away.

How far from reality does one need to be to know they are wrong? The fact that the world has sustained sin and evil since 70 AD. Instead of it diminishing, it has reached a new zenith which does not fit at all into the description of the Millennium from the Bible. It seems to me that you, are purposely being oblivious to reality and yet they have the gall to mock those who hold to a futurist view of prophecy.

If we were in the Millennium then common sense would dictate that America is a new Jerusalem and Christ is ruling from the white house; since we are the most powerful nation that has the most powerful office in the world; Israel is only a friend of America. Sounds backward? It should for those who know their Bible.

We can also know that those who claim He returned when in fact he did not are false prophets and teachers according to Jesus.

Matt 24:26-27: ......
"Therefore if they say to you, 'Look, He is in the desert!' do not go out; or 'Look, He is in the inner rooms!' do not believe it. "For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

Please explain this to all of us!
How do I know ? Well, Revelation 1 says God gave Jesus. I cannot copy that 1st verse from my phone. So, only the Father was supposed to know the day or hour. Here in the 1st verse the Father is saying it's soon.

How do I know ? Well, Revelation 1 says God gave Jesus. I cannot copy that 1st verse from my phone. So, only the Father was supposed to know the day or hour. Here in the 1st verse the Father is saying it's soon.

That is not an answer!

Yes....God gave Jesus the Revelation. And He said...."Which must shortly come to pass".

Which Preterists have interpreted to mean 70 AD... However --John wrote the Revelation in 95 AD fully 25 years AFTER the event in 70 AD.

Shortly in the Greek in Verse #1 does not mean that what Jesus said had to take place soon in a manner of time.

You still have not answered how YOU knew when Jesus would return when HE said NO ONE ONES but the Father!

The Staff has NO alternative but to suspend this thread for a cooling off period. We have Class A personalities in conflict with each other here with several Rules issues as well as a technical violation of "Topics which may not be discussed" number 4. Everyone participating in this thread KNOWS the Forum Rules and have been cautioned NUMEROUS times in the past about just this sort of thing.

CFS is here for friendly fellowshipping and friendly discussions. Please remember that.

This thread may or may not be reopened - it all depends upon how certain members treat each other in other parts of this forum.

Do we have your attention yet?

`

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back