What Is Your Hebrew Name?

So tonight not that long ago I decided to look up my name in Hebrew which in English my name is Alison, I was wondering what my name would be and what it would mean in Hebrew, mainly because I was feeling bored and I was curious to know. So I decided to do some research on Google and my name in Hebrew is Yisraela dervived from the name Israela which apparently means to "Wrestle With God" . I also discovered that my Hebrew name is the female version of the name that God gave to Jacob which is Yisrael or Israel which means to "Strive With God" . In The Bible it says that Jacob wrestled with God which he did not realise in the beginning because Jacob demanded a blessing, in the end the Lord dislocated Jacobs hip and then Jacob says "I will not let you go until you give me a blessing." which his response pleased the Lord. Which is when God gave Jacob the name Yisrael (Israel). The term Wrestle With God doesn't literally mean to fight with him but to seek him in prayer and ask for blessings. What I have learned from this is that not only what my name is in Hebrew & what it means but as a Child of God to Wrestle With God is not actually to fight with him but to seek him with our hearts through prayer, don't be afraid to Wrestle With God because that's what he wants from you, he wants you to wrestle with him because he loves you and wants to give you what your heart desires. God wants us to fight for our blessings because in his eyes we are worth it. May God have mercy on all of you, give you peace and fill your hearts with love & joy. God bless ☺️

I looked up my name and in Hebrew its Levana or Lebanah meaning 'white moon'. Its the female version of a boys name too. In latin it means 'raised up' which is about the new moon rising I suppose and represents protection over newborns. In greek its the name meaning heavenly, or another translation of it means lunar glow.

The Hebrew name is also the name of of the nethinims in the time of Ezra and Nehemiah. The nethinims or nathanites (upon further googling) were temple assistants to the Levites.

I did not know this, thanks for posting! Theres lots of interesting things you can find out when you are bored!

Back