what is your hope

Lamentations 3

21 This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.

22 It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

24 The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.

upon watching the going home services of the Nelon family along with the pilot and his wife SEPARATE SERVICES . i heard some dynamic preaching one minister mentioned psalms 23 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

he said he had no idea what happened in the last few minutes of the flight he said he Knew God was with them and they are OK and He knew where they was at.

it was a terrible tragedy that happened very well possible what was left of them was scattered . we are taught our bodies returns back to the earth our spirit is with Jesus ,,, so in hard times yes we all have them.. what is our hope ? the forum is a bit quite the main posters are silent . its time we as Christians be stirred up . life is as a vapor

Last edited:
The Nelson incident was tragic and Christianity, and especially Christian Worship Music, has lost a wonderful part of what bein' a Christian is all about.

We all think about our final day on earth sometimes, and we think about what our new body and our new home will be like. Our Hope should be whether we, as Christians, have done our part in sharin' The Gospel and God's Word with others, so they can think about these things, too, and so they can share The Word with even more folks.

In 2 Corinthians 5:8 (NLT) we are told, "Yes, we are fully confident, and we would rather be away from these earthly bodies, for then we will be at home with the Lord." We are also shown in 2 Corinthians 5:18 (NLT), "And all of this is a gift from God, who brought us back to himself through Christ. And God has given us this task of reconciling people to him."

If we all spend time each week tellin' others about the Gospel, as God’s Ambassadors, our Hope will be to be accepted in Heaven, when we leave these earthly bodies. As Christians, we know from John 3:16 (NLT), “For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life."

As we, as Christians, walk on our earthly path sharin' what we know with others, we have peace inside us and a calmness knowing that our Hope will be a gift from God and our eternal lives will be waitin' for us in God's House.

Blessing to y'all and take care. God's open arms will be there for us.

`

Hello forgiven;

Hope, faith and trust doesn’t happen overnight. God knows this with each one of us and lovingly builds us up in these areas because we’re not there yet.

I believe God uses illnesses, extreme tragedies (with the Nelons) and natural death to bring the faithful to Him. Though we may not understand God’s methods and feel its a horrible way to die, He still knows what He’s doing.

Not everyone is going to the Father the way Enoch and Elijah did. I wish it was this way.

I share this with others and also confess I’ve died to Christ therefore each day my life is surrendered to God.

Galatians 2:20, 20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me - ESV

But I also share this doesn’t mean we won’t have fear at that moment. That’s our human reaction when we know our life is ending. But the faith the Nelons had in God is what they meant in their tragedy.

By all means Kelly, Jason and Amber are with the Lord today.

I’ll be going overseas soon on a missionary to an undesirable country. Some closest to me have questioned whether I’m doing the right thing or something stupid. During prayer and preparation the mission feels right with the Lord, still, I’ve died to Christ whether here or there. What God decides is His will be done for me.

God bless you, forgiven.

I’ll be going overseas soon on a missionary to an undesirable country. Some closest to me have questioned whether I’m doing the right thing or something stupid. During prayer and preparation the mission feels right with the Lord, still, I’ve died to Christ whether here or there. What God decides is His will be done for me.
if your doing what you feel God is leading you to do..Your doing the right thing psalms 23:4 he is with us ministers to me . a lady in our church several months ago was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer not able to operate the tumor the size of a grapefruit. she was sent home less than 4 weeks to live . in this time of death watch she was not in any pain not sick. the doctor did her blood work it was perfect. he asked if she would be willing take a chemo pill . it would possibly give her a couple years . this week she got results of her scan. the tumor went from the size of a grapefruit to the size of a marble . in the words of her cancer doctor he said thank you for allowing me to be part of this..

he Knows God did a thing like just dont happen every day. you have to know sister linda she is not a quite person . in fact she was at church this morning and testified the very thing i posted . she was ready to go but God said NOT YET why did God spare of her and not the the ones on the plane with the nelons . we will never know But our lives are in God hands . nothing is going to happen to us until he choses. it aint over till its over . so go on your mission trip lots of them folks over there are more hungry and thirsty than many in the states... God speed

Back