What Peter said~ :)

AMEN to that, violet!

30.gif

Amen and Amen

Violet

Thank you

One of my favorite verses.

I may be wrong but I asked for a thread on baptism. If this is not it, I apoligize

And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us. But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation? And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss. And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
Luke 23:39-43 (KJV)

Believed, repented, not baptised with water, yet in heaven.
Baptism of the spirit. My opinion yes.

Peter asked for their repentenance and for baptism to occur to receive the Holy Spirit. Spiritual baptism or water?

Be A Berean
:read-bible:

Steve

Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.

Matthew 3
11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

1 Peter 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Matthew 28
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Mark 16
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Acts 8

36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

John 3:5 Jesus answered: Amen, amen, I say to thee, unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Ghost, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

May I ask you, How Great He Is, Had the crucified man a chance to get baptised?
Had he not a greater faith than one not actually dying seing his saviour die with him?

Wasn't Jesus the great master of exception? :D

Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.
baptism does not amke one born of water- selah

Boanerges, I think we express words which are not always understood at first glance.

What does baptism mean to you?
(not what it doesn't :))

thanks

An act of obediance representing death (immersion) and ressurection.

Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

Why then did Peter say to be baptized and Jesus was baptized in the river....

Luke 7:29-30: "And all the people that heard him [Christ], and the publicans, justified God, being baptized with the baptism of John. But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him."

I was Baptized in water, but is not that a cleansing of the old self and a rebirth of the new? If it is an absolute that we must be submersed could this be considered works? I am not making statements, I am just asking questions. Correct answers I leave to God's Word, my interpretation is my opinion if it is not Biblical. Sorry, I rambled on. I just wanted to share a link of another interpretaion.
The Rite of Water Baptism
http://www.bible-knowledge.com/water-baptism.html

We are saved by grace, but MY opinion is that this does not exclude whatever else God commands us to do, such as water baptism, keeping the Sabbath Holy, pray without ceasing and so on and so on.......

Jesus is our sabath rest.
Praying comes naturtally to the new man- and is an evidence of re-birht not a step on salvations ladder.

Plain and simple- this scripture outlines it well- salvation is not by any work we can achieve but good works shouls always follow what God is doing in your heart and mind.

Tit 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Tit 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
Tit 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
Tit 3:8This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

Back