What Problems Reveal About You

In this way, problems also reveal the core attitudes we exhibit to the world as we display a life of praise. Humorist Lewis Grizzard said, “The game of life is a lot like football. You have to tackle your problems, block your fears, and score your points when you get the opportunity.”

It takes determination to win a football game. When my son was playing college football, I tried to go to every game, even when it meant flying across the country. I admired the stamina, strength, and determination he brought to the game. It was an inspiration to me to keep tackling, blocking, and scoring in the things God had assigned me to do.

When it comes down to it, your problems reveal your spiritual condition. They help you see yourself more clearly and grow in faith, in perseverance, and in a can-do attitude. Rather than saying “Why me?” we should say, “What now? What is God going to do, and what does He expect of me?” The life of faith wends its way through problems by perseverance to praise.
Ask God to make you strong where you are weak and to shine where you are strong. Remember what Jesus said about problems in John 16:33, for perhaps you need His words now more than ever:
These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.
If we had no problems, we’d have no opportunities to trust God with the hardships of life. We’d have no occasions to flex our spiritual muscles. We wouldn’t need to develop a positive attitude because we wouldn’t be challenged by life’s negatives. Without problems, we wouldn’t be driven to prayer as incessantly as we are. We wouldn’t be pressed into a life of faith. Without problems, we’d never learn how to cast our cares on the Lord and see how He cares for us.

I pray this encourages you! Yesterday with Maki going to the vet we truly thought we were going to have to lay her to rest. The adversities we endure build our faith, trust, exponentially grow our communication and listening skills with the Lord. We need to count it all joy, be thankful in all things, pray without ceasing, it is so important we just don't pray during these rough waves but when we are victorious in Christ - we go back into prayer in humility, gratitude, praise and preparation for another battle. The Christian life is never exempted from spiritual warfare and trials. We cannot run from them but stand strong in the Lord [in them]. Praise God we have a loving Father that contiunes to change, edify, refine, redeem and restore us when we have been battered and bruise in these hard times and discouraging experiences. Remember the God you serve - he can restore like he did with Job, raise up the death like Lazarus, save and reconcile unto Himself through His only Son Jesus Christ - how can you NOT believe Hes going to go through all your hardships and devastating events in your life and still uphold you and ensure that you will benefit, this will be good for you and that you will be strengthened by Him.

Cited [some from https://www.davidjeremiah.ca/magazine/article/what-problems-reveal-about-you-272] then added my own experience drawing from it.

Back