What similarities do you see between King Ahab and Jezebel vs Today's culture?

The scriptures about King Ahab and Jezebel are found in 1 Kings, chapters 16, 18 and 19, detailing how they dealt with Elijah. Do you see parallels from this to today's culture?
If it was the 90's you might have a case with the Clintons.

In Rev. 2:20, Jezebel’s reputation lives on as Jesus speaks against the church at Thyatira...................
“But I have this against you, that you tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess and is teaching and seducing my servants to practice sexual immorality and to eat food sacrificed to idols.”

The woman’s name in Thyatira was probably not literally “Jezebel,” but her immorality and idolatry in preying upon God’s people was very Jezebel-like.

I see the "woke" culture as Jezebel. If you don't believe in what she believes, you must be cancelled (die figuratively, or someday in the future literally). Yes, Major, Hillary would fit much of Jezebel's mentality. Comments such as, "Now some of those folks, they are irredeemable, but thankfully they are not America." and "deplorables" for a significant part of the political spectrum, mostly Bible believing Christians.

Last edited:
If I were to draw parallels between today and the biblical King Ahab and Jezezbel, I would cast it this way:

Jezezbel is the internet, a wolf in sheep’s clothing. The pagan internet, impatient, proud, rude, selfish, provoking to the lower nature of humanity and swaying the public to temptation, false idols and sin.

Ahab is big tech particularly the likes of Twitter, Facebook, tik-tok and the like, providing the platform and means for Jezezbel to operate. Ahab is ungodly in that he refuses to submit to any higher power like the social media kings of today.

I see the "woke" culture as Jezebel. If you don't believe in what she believes, you must be cancelled (die figuratively, or someday in the future literally). Yes, Major, Hillary would fit much of Jezebel's mentality. Comments such as, "Now some of those folks, they are irredeemable, but thankfully they are not America." and "deplorables" for a significant part of the political spectrum, mostly Bible believing Christians.
Makes perfect sense to me.

If I were to draw parallels between today and the biblical King Ahab and Jezezbel, I would cast it this way:

Jezezbel is the internet, a wolf in sheep’s clothing. The pagan internet, impatient, proud, rude, selfish, provoking to the lower nature of humanity and swaying the public to temptation, false idols and sin.

Ahab is big tech particularly the likes of Twitter, Facebook, tik-tok and the like, providing the platform and means for Jezezbel to operate. Ahab is ungodly in that he refuses to submit to any higher power like the social media kings of today.
That is a thought!

Not really...I've always thought it was about a besotted weak King being led astray by a pagan wife who was into witchcraft and getting her own way so she can rule.

The showdown between Elijah's faith in God and Jezebels idolatry...is something that people deal with everyday I suppose when Christians cannot be free to express their faith and are ordered or bombarded with other things to worship instead. When we refuse and stay steadfast with our faith idolators get angry I suppose. Because our God is greater than their puny idols and God's power is mightier than their witchcraft and wizardry.

Insurance people will only pay out if there is an 'act of God' right? lol
Insurance companies don’t use the term, “act if God”, in writing policies, at least not here in the states.

An “act of God” event is any event that occurs outside of human control and that can't be predicted or prevented. Things like earthquakes, storms and floods are all considered “acts of God”.

Different types of insurance treat these natural occurrences differently.

Automobile insurance generally includes coverage for acts of God under your Comprehensive coverage, which is generally considered optional insurance here if you are lucky enough to own your vehicle outright. If you have a loan on the vehicle then your loan holder probably insists you carry comprehensive insurance for their protection. Comprehensive insurance then pays for damage to your vehicle caused by anything other than a collision, such as vandalism and “acts of God” like fire and storm damage.

With homeowners policies it’s often different. Some natural disasters, or acts of God, are covered in most all homeowners policy types, including wind, lightning and hail and some are excluded in most policies, such as earthquakes, volcanos, heavy snow and floods. That is, unless you add specific coverage for these events.

For example, if you live on a flood plain then you are almost certain to be excluded from major flood damage unless you’ve added specific flood insurance to the policy. The same is likely to be true if your home is in a landslide or earthquake prone area.

The only way to find out for sure whether you're protected against a particular form of damage from an “act of God” event is to read through your policy or ask your insurance agent, don’t assume you are… insurance companies like to minimize their risk exposure as much as the law allows.

Well I only have third party car insurance (I think?) but I don't really know the specific insurance policy on that.
I just know that often insurance companies in NZ do pay out for Acts of God. I'm not sure if we have specfic policies for every single weather 'event' but we had a big Cyclone and many of the homes were already leaky or on unstable ground, however the councils or whoever let them be built often turned a blind eye to that and gave consent for them to be built there. Earthquake proofing buildings is a thing here but it seems it took Christchurch by surprise, despite it being built on a former swamp.

Back