What the bible says!!

Daniels

Inactive
What the bible says!!

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS
MARK THEM AND AVOID THEM--"Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offenses contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them." (Romans 16:17)
SEPARATE YOURSELF FROM THEM--"Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you," (2 Corinthians 6:17)
REBUKE THEM--"...rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;" (Titus 1:13)
REJECT THEM--"A man that is an heretic after the first and second admonition reject;" (Titus 3:10)
WITHDRAW FROM THEM--"...we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us." (2 Thessalonians 3:6)
TRY THEM--"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits wheth I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offenses contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them." (Romans 16:17)
REPROVE THEM--"And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them." (Ephesians 5:11)
TURN AWAY FROM THEM--"Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away." (2 Timothy 3:5)
HAVE NO COMPANY WITH THEM--"And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed." (2 Thessalonians 3:14)
RECEIVE THEM NOT--"If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds." (2 John 1:10-11) *

From the pen of Charles Spurgeon: (1834-1892)

What enemies do I face? Doctrinal errors are rampant, with new ones appearing hourly, so what will be the latest heresy against which I must be on my guard? When darkness reigns, sin creeps from where they lurk. Thus, I must climb the watchtower myself, watching in prayer. Yet our heavenly Protector sees every attack about to be perpetrated upon us before it is launched, so when the evil designed for us is nothing but a desire of satan, the Lord prays for us that when we are sifted "as wheat...[our] faith may not fail" (Luke 22:31-32). Continue, O gracious Watchman, to forewarn us of our foes. "For Zion's sake...[do] not keep silent." (Isa. 62:1).

"Watchman, what is left of the night?" What "weather" is ahead for the church? Are dark clouds ahead or is the sky clear and fair? We must care for God's church with watchful love, and with various heresies from the Pope and unbelief looming today, may we observe "the signs of the times" (Matt. 16:3) and prepare for conflict.

"Watchman, what is left of the night? What stars are visible? Which of God's precious promises apply to our present situation? Watchman, sound the alarm but help us as well for Christ, our guiding Star, is ever fixed in the heavens and all the stars are secure in the right hand of their sovereign Lord.
Watchman, but when will morning come? "The bridegroom [is] a long time in coming" (Matt. 25:5) Is there any "sign of [His] coming?" (Matt. 24:3) as "the sun of righteousness" (Mal. 4:2)? Hasn't "the bright Morning Star" (Rev. 22:16) arisen as the promise of day? When will "the day break, and the shadows flee away" (Song 4:6 KJV)?
O Jesus, if You do not come in person to Your waiting church today, then come through Your Spirit to my longing heart and make it "sing for joy" (Ps. 67:4).

Now all the earth is bright and glad
With the fresh morn;
But all my heart is cold, and dark and sad:
Sun of the soul, let me behold Your dawn!
Come, Jesus, Lord!
O quickly come, according to Your Word!

Christian Friedrich Richter, (1676-1711)
Translated from German by Catherine Winkworth, (1827-1878)

From the pen of Jim Reimann:

Entire nations are concerned with security today. And many Christians are overly concerned with safety, while God is our Watchman. House alarms may be fine, but our security comes the Lord. "Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain" (Ps. 127:1)
Others trust in wealth, but "riches do not endure forever" (Prov. 27:24) Thus, "Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in Him, for He shields Him all day long" (Deut. 33:12)

"O righteous God,...bring to an end violence of the wicked and make the righteous secure." (Ps. 7:9).

Biblical correction is plainly outlined but always has the intent of restoring such a one when he is repentant.:)

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS

MARK THEM AND AVOID THEM--"Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offenses contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them." (Romans 16:17)

SEPARATE YOURSELF FROM THEM--"Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you," (2 Corinthians 6:17)

REBUKE THEM--"...rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;" (Titus 1:13)

REJECT THEM--"A man that is an heretic after the first and second admonition reject;" (Titus 3:10)

WITHDRAW FROM THEM--"...we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us." (2 Thessalonians 3:6)

TRY THEM--"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits wheth I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offenses contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them." (Romans 16:17)

REPROVE THEM--"And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them." (Ephesians 5:11)

TURN AWAY FROM THEM--"Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away." (2 Timothy 3:5)

HAVE NO COMPANY WITH THEM--"And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed." (2 Thessalonians 3:14)

RECEIVE THEM NOT--"If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds." (2 John 1:10-11) *

A good word indeed .... Thanks Daniels.

Back