What would you think of people who assume you’re angry when they’re the ones making accusations against you?

I remember being involved in a conversation about how we can protest without getting involved in violence. One person argued that it’s impossible and constantly questioned my ideas. I pointed out how the user believes the double standards in life are valid excuses in social equality. The user made excuses that causing violence and terrorism toward the “privileged” is not an example of bigotry. When I exemplified that I went to a school with diverse racial groups, the user got angry and called me ignorant and hateful. I questioned him telling him of his double standards and told him his reaction is proving my point. He twisted it on me and replied “well then, let’s review the thread and see who REALLY got mad”. I told him do not even go there. Then he went on and told me “see? You’re the one who got mad. You got mad because (insert stupid reason here). Is that right?”. He kept being unreasonable and making petty excuses, for example “white people should not say the n word, ever”. I concerned him why does it have be only them but NOT everybody else. He replied “because it’s hostile, duh!”. So let me get this straight, you’re telling me only white people are racist and yet it’s somehow okay for minorities to behave racist because of the stupid ideology that there is no such thing as POC being racist towards whites? Yeah, that’ll be the day.

But that’s my experience. Any suggestions?

In a Battle of the Sexes, it's mostly women who lose.
However, I think divorce courts are increasingly ruling in a woman's favour now these days. Though there will always be women's refuges, because men tend to resort to physical violence far more than women and can hurt and even kill in a blind rage.

To your point one need only to look at what Martin Luther King JR did. He did not cause riots nor set fire to buildings and cars. He put out the message of equality through love and peace. He was met with violence, but never responded in like terms.

To your point one need only to look at what Martin Luther King JR did. He did not cause riots nor set fire to buildings and cars. He put out the message of equality through love and peace. He was met with violence, but never responded in like terms.
I totally agree. It’s a shame that society today refuses to acknowledge what he’s done, not even recall the point of Martin Luther King JR day entirely. It’s a shame people think violence is the only option when there are safer alternatives to get our points across.

Staff Caution: The Rules at CFS were developed in 2006 and have been in place for 17 years. ALL CFS Members are required to Read and Follow the Forum Rules, but sometimes, especially long-term members seem to forget about the Rules.

This thread has been halted and numerous posts and copies of posts that were insensitive to others have been eliminated. The staff is reviewing content and will make a decision soon regarding the thread being allowed to continue or not.

This thread may now continue with all Forum Rules being followed. The posts and copies of posts that were removed contained commentary demeaning to others, cultures and races under Rule 3.1. Please THINK before posting.

Thanks for your cooperation.

We all experience racism to some degree, even when we go to a diverse school! Because ONE person may not like you just because you look different from them.

The other thing is, with women, like it's half of the population, often experience physical violence at the hands of men. But men are more likely to be nagged by women. And women can hit back and throw things if roused.

I'm just thinking in terms of physical violence, if you want to see it that way. Soft answers do turn away wrath, but a lot of men figure things out by having a boxing match or something or if they don't like someone, they have a gun handy.

Back