When Someone Places Faith In You to Ignite Your Own

Via dolarossa

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Secretary
When Someone Places Faith In You to ignite your own

It feels so energising and freeing when someone believes in you.
The victim mentality we can carry is draining and when someone else comes along and brings some faith to the party when you have very little of it feels great.
It’s like their faith ignites your own. But when you are in the grips of a victim mentality it can at first feel like the other person doesn't love you because they are not smothering or helicoptering over you. The verse below comes to mind first but I also know taken out of context this may not be the ideal verse.

Matthew 18:20​

ESVFor where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them."

and thinking back I actually remember a time once when I was at the park with my granddaughter and another little boy was wanting to climb the slide and his guardian was dampening his spirit by discouraging him telling him he will fall. He was doing his best but with no zeal and I said, “go on, you can do it” and he shot up and had a great big smile on his face and looked at me. Of course, he could have fell, but I couldn't help smiling myself to see how he changed his spirit.

does any other verse spring to your mind that may more accurately explains the faith that others have for you makes yours ignite too?

Blessings

Hello Via;

One of my anthem prayers is from Isaiah.

Isaiah 41:9-10, 9 you whom I took from the ends of the earth, and called from its farthest corners, saying to you, “You are my servant, I have chosen you and not cast you off”; 10 fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. - ESV

Imagine God from all corners of the earth calling you His servant and no matter what, He is our God and will help and uphold us with His Right Hand.

God bless
you.

The Lord knows that as we draw near to His coming for us, that the darkness and lawlessness becomes worse. Thus, He is encouraging us to encourage and warn one another all the MORE.

`....exhorting (encouraging and warning) one another and so much the MORE as you SEE the Day (of the LORD in judgment) approaching.` (Heb. 10: 25)

Back