Where do you believe is your inheritance in Christ?

Where do you believe is your inheritance in Christ?

1. On the New Earth?

2. In the New Jerusalem?

3. In the Angelic Realm?

4. Other?

Please give scriptures for your belief.
And I hope this is a profitable discussion together.

Marilyn.

We know there will be new heavens and a new earth.
2 Pet 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. (KJV)

Here it tells us the righteous will dwell in these new heavens and earth.

Mmmm the moon, or some distant planet?

Seriously do you know what the Lord has promised, where you will go?

It's the "Angelic Realm" selection that tended to throw it all out of kilter, along with the "New Earth" and "New Jerusalem" being separate choices.

So, I chose "Other."

Problems with that?

MM

We know there will be new heavens and a new earth.
2 Pet 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. (KJV)

Here it tells us the righteous will dwell in these new heavens and earth.
Hi CP,

Thank you for replying. Yes we would all be in God`s great kingdom - the new heavens and new earth. So what specific part do you believe you have been promised to be? With scriptures.

It's the "Angelic Realm" selection that tended to throw it all out of kilter, along with the "New Earth" and "New Jerusalem" being separate choices.

So, I chose "Other."

Problems with that?

MM
So MM, you haven`t given any scriptures for that. Like to share some more?

So MM, you haven`t given any scriptures for that. Like to share some more?

How about Gen 1 - Revelation 22?

I didn't state something specific from the Bible. What I stated was my having no reason to buy into the choices provided and how they were set up.

The sheer length of the treatise to cover this topic from front to back cover of the Bible, I don't have time to write it, and you don't have time to read it.

One thing I will point out, though, as a point in fact that I think we can both agree upon:

1 Corinthians 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

In that, Marilyn, I rejoice with you and all others who love the Lord and His word.

MM

How about Gen 1 - Revelation 22?

I didn't state something specific from the Bible. What I stated was my having no reason to buy into the choices provided and how they were set up.

The sheer length of the treatise to cover this topic from front to back cover of the Bible, I don't have time to write it, and you don't have time to read it.

One thing I will point out, though, as a point in fact that I think we can both agree upon:

1 Corinthians 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

In that, Marilyn, I rejoice with you and all others who love the Lord and His word.

MM
Hi MM,

That was a good evasive answer, there bro. I think I am getting used to your type of thinking. Anyway, yes wonderful things the Lord has in store for those who love Him.

However since the Lord has specifically promised us a place in God`s great kingdom, it does behove us to appreciate that and learn from others if we don`t know ourselves.

Hope you can stay tuned.

Actually I am thinking it's the New Jerusalem. As last chapter of Revelation says.

Revelation 21:1-2
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away: and there was no more sea.
And I John saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride for her husband.

One thing I was wondering -- where did the sea go?? Will it dry up, or will it turn to fresh, or freeze, or what. Which sea - all of them?

Yes, in Christ...

Ephesians 1:11 (KJV) In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
Yes crossnote, good scripture to show our inheritance is in Christ. Now I did say that in the OP, and was really asking WHERE (in God`s great kingdom) will our inheritance be worked out. And I gave some suggestions.

Actually I am thinking it's the New Jerusalem. As last chapter of Revelation says.

Revelation 21:1-2
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away: and there was no more sea.
And I John saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride for her husband.

One thing I was wondering -- where did the sea go?? Will it dry up, or will it turn to fresh, or freeze, or what. Which sea - all of them?
Hi Lanolin,

Well you are the first (brave) one to have a go. I agree that the New Jerusalem come down out of heaven. So where is the scripture to say that we, the Body of Christ will go there?

As to `no more sea,` interesting question. A biologist would probably know about the `salt` etc. I`m thinking there will be lots of rivers and streams and the sea is not necessary to cleanse the atmosphere, as the earth has been made new. Just my thoughts.

Back