Who LIves In Your Heart

Who LIves In Your Heart

Just looking through my writing stuff and found this I wrote. This was a year ago. I sometimes wonder why a year later, I am having the little struggles that I am.

WHO LIVES IN YOUR HEART?

Today was a stressful day at work. Upon arriving home, I just had no energy whatsoever.
Deep down, I really knew I should to the Y to workout. Exercise is a great stress relief.
However, I was just ignoring the inner urges telling me to get my lazy butt in gear.
I called my Pastor. In conversation, I told her I thought I would take a nap then get things done around the house. She said “how about you take a nap and I will meet you at the Y at 7 to exercise. I reluculanlty agreed.

I set my alarm for 6:45 PM. The minute my head hit the pillow I was off in dreamland.
I had the strangest dream. I envisioned my vehicle going off the road and going out of control down a huge hill. Everything was gray and dark. My body had a horrifying frightening feeling. I found myself saying “Lord do not let me die”. If you let me live, I will do your will Lord. I will do whatever it is you are asking of me.” My vehicle came to a stop. My body was limp. I slowly tried to open my eyes to see if I survived the crash.

As I struggled to open my eyes, my whole body was stiff. After a few minutes, my eyes became wide open and I found myself alive. Alive and in my own bed.

Only fifteen minutes had passed, since my head hit the pillow. It was a confounding fifteen minutes of my life. I had found myself making a promise to the Lord, if he allowed me to live, I would do his will. Now since giving my life totally to Christ in December of 2004, I have learned we cannot make promises and contracts with the Lord.

The Lord is the one in control of our life. He does direct our paths. It is his will that is to be done in our life, but how many times do we find ourselves trying to direct our paths?
I am sure if you thought about it, you can find many scenarios in your life where you are trying to take the wheel of your life and control it. Before you know it, everything in your life seems totally out of control.

I arrived at the Y and had an upbeat 30 minutes of fast walking and conversation with my Pastor. Why is it I asked that when things are going really good in life, Satan really comes banging at my door and the door of those I love so dearly? I can recall sitting in church this past week-end with my boyfriend with the large church filled to the brim with folks. I have had so many experiences in life myself, many trials and tribulations just like all other human beings. It is a fallen world we live in. I found myself looking around and wondering what hurts, sorrows and temptations are all these folks having? We all have them. They could be failed or struggling relationships with one we love, broken relationships with family members, a recent death of a close one, loss of employment, a diagnosis of a terminal disease, news of a family member having to go overseas with the military, in what way is Satan tempting all of us or better yet trying to destroy the good things we have in our lives? Interesting enough, the message that day was about the commandment Thou Shall Not Steal. The speaker spoke of how we steal from man and how we steal from God. Who would ever have thought that not taking that extra time with my children was stealing? Who would ever have thought that not spending quality time with God in prayer was stealing? It was such a powerful message. One that caused much self inner reflection on my life.

My Pastor asked me if I ever spelled the word EVIL backwards. My response was no.
She stated it is LIVE. Wow! I What a powerful word I thought. The same word can be so powerful spelled both ways!

It is so true. There is a lot of evil in the world. Satan wants to be in control of our lives. He wants to live in our hearts. But the goods news is this. We can live! We do live. With having Christ in our life and being centered in Christ, we do live. We live an awesome life. We receive blessings every day from the Lord! The verse John 15:7 comes to mind:

John 15:7

As long as you remain united with me, and my teachings
remain your rule of life, you may ask for anything you
wish, and you shall have it.

I have learned he Lord is always with us. He never leaves us. He never forsakes us.

Hebrews 13:6

So we may boldly say: "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear.
What can man do to me?"

We must always remember these great words of wisdom. The Lord is our helper. We should not fear anything.
I ask you today. Who lives in your heart? Is it Satan? Or is it Christ?
My favorite verse that has kept me strong in all my tribulations is Jeremiah 29:11. “I have a great hope and future for you says the Lord”.

God is for us. As we go through trials, tribulations, temptations keep in mind:

Romans 8:31

What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who
can be against us?

By keeping Christ centered in your heart, you will survive all things. Prayer is a powerful thing. I myself reflect within and realize I cannot steal those precious moments away from God.

Jude 1:20

But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most
Holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit.

Through all my trials these past few years of my life, my Pastor has frequently reminded me that the Lord knows the desires of my heart. I must keep my eyes focused to him.

So I ask you today? Who lives in your heart? Are you allowing the Evil of Satan to take residence within or is your heart Alive with Christ? Why not give up your control of the wheel, and let the Lord be in total control of your wheel of life?

Faithwoman
February 26, 2007

Joh 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
Joh 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Back