Who will satan decieve?

Something I've been wondering for a while: during the thousand year millennial reign of Christ on earth, what peoples will inhabit the earth?

I'm referring to the time after the Great Tribulation but before New Jerusalem.

At the end of the Great Tribulation, Jesus will separate the sheep from the goats. We find that in Matthew 25:31-46. I posted the relevant verses.

31 “When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats.
33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

46 And these (unbelievers) will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
Ok, given these verses, consider this from a commentary on the website Enduring Word on Revelation 20:

[Who will be on the earth in the Millennium? Even after the (calling up of the saints) and the vast judgments of the Great Tribulation, there will be many people left on earth. After Jesus returns in glory, He will judge those who survive the Great Tribulation in the judgment of the nations (Matthew 25:31-46). This is not a judgment unto salvation, but a judgment of moral worthiness, and entrance into the Millennial Kingdom of Jesus. The unworthy will be sent into eternal damnation, and the worthy will be allowed in Jesus’ Millennial Kingdom].

Enduring Word is only one of the commentaries I used to study, I use several others. I hope it's reputable, it seems to be.

I try not to rely to much on commentaries; I try to let scripture interpret scripture (Luther). But I don't think I have heard a preacher yet that doesn't quote other preachers and theologians.

I guess my main question is, **who will be the ones that will rebel**? Assuming that believers will be 'caught up' at the start of the tribulation (I'm not using the word 😅) and that would include children under the age of accountability, and all left on earth are judged at the end, what "types" of people are left (as far as their standing with God goes)? Who will be left for satan to decieve for the 1,000 years?

Satan will be loosed for a season at the end of the thousand years.

Revelation 20:7-8 "Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea".

Are we talking about those born during the Millennial Reign? What about Matthew 22:30?

"For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels of God in heaven".

Thanks for anyone reading my rather rambling incoherent prattle! God bless

Hello drequeen;

During the Great Tribulation the devil's destruction will have a stronghold on all peoples at that time, whether saved or not. These people will endure horrible undesirable times, more so to those who are saved. The evil one hates the saved but the unsaved are not a threat to Satan but they will still be deceived.

The New Jerusalem will be the other way around. The New Jerusalem will be for all saved people but the unsaved will not have access to the gates of the New Jerusalem, or the throne of Jesus.

As far as the whole context of this topic, I just don't know,
drequeen. So this is how I respond to your good questions as well as my daily walk with Christ.

There is a passage that Jesus teaches us all, not just Peter.

Jesus says, "what are all these people to you?" is a lesson for all of us in John 21:21-23, 21 When Peter saw him, he said to Jesus, “Lord, what about this man?” 22 Jesus said to him, “If it is my will that he remain until I come, what is that to you? You follow me!” 23 So the saying spread abroad among the brothers that this disciple was not to die; yet Jesus did not say to him that he was not to die, but, “If it is my will that he remain until I come, what is that to you?” - ESV

The text teaches; I personally don't know the time or place of the Rapture nor do I know when Jesus is coming back. I always encourage those who believe to continue in their daily prayers and study of God's Word. Be ready. Be not merely hearers but doers of the Great Commission as well as our self disposition with others. Christ gives us this warning ahead of time. When He returns, He encourages each of us to be ready.

As far as the commentaries, most Bible commentators are anointed to help us in our understanding of Scripture, not to replace Scripture. The background of these commentators are disciplined disciples and their mission is to be used by God.

Unless they are blatantly erroneous in their teaching, I trust God has given me wisdom and discernment to know the difference.

In the world we can turn on and off a news commentator and post our opinions of them. Not so with those who serve God in ministry. Instead, we are to pray for these Bible commentators. Many of these commentators have actually helped me in my personal study but they do not replace God's Word.

God bless you, drequeen, and thank you for sharing these questions.

Something I've been wondering for a while: during the thousand year millennial reign of Christ on earth, what peoples will inhabit the earth?

At the end of the Great Tribulation, Jesus will separate the sheep from the goats. We find that in Matthew 25:31-46. I posted the relevant verses.

31 “When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats.
34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

46 And these (unbelievers) will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
Ok, given these verses, consider this from a commentary on the website Enduring Word on Revelation 20:

[Who will be on the earth in the Millennium? Even after the (calling up of the saints) and the vast judgments of the Great Tribulation, there will be many people left on earth. After Jesus returns in glory, He will judge those who survive the Great Tribulation in the judgment of the nations (Matthew 25:31-46). This is not a judgment unto salvation, but a judgment of moral worthiness, and entrance into the Millennial Kingdom of Jesus. The unworthy will be sent into eternal damnation, and the worthy will be allowed in Jesus’ Millennial Kingdom].

Enduring Word is only one of the commentaries I used to study, I use several others. I hope it's reputable, it seems to be.

I try not to rely to much on commentaries; I try to let scripture interpret scripture (Luther). But I don't think I have heard a preacher yet that doesn't quote other preachers and theologians.

I guess my main question is, **who will be the ones that will rebel**? Assuming that believers will be 'caught up' at the start of the tribulation (I'm not using the word 😅) and that would include children under the age of accountability, and all left on earth are judged at the end, what "types" of people are left (as far as their standing with God goes)? Who will be left for satan to decieve for the 1,000 years?

Revelation 20:7-8 "Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea".

Are we talking about those born during the Millennial Reign? What about Matthew 22:30?

"For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels of God in heaven".

Not all human beings will be destroyed during the Tribulation. Those survivors, probably Tribulation saints, will still have their complete human nature, including the capacity to procreate. Their descendents will be numerous, but not necessarily saved, at the end of the Millennium. These are probably the people the devil will deceive.

Not all human beings will be destroyed during the Tribulation. Those survivors, probably Tribulation saints, will still have their complete human nature, including the capacity to procreate. Their descendents will be numerous, but not necessarily saved, at the end of the Millennium. These are probably the people the devil will deceive.
That's interesting. Explain "they will have their complete human nature". I have heard this my whole life (dad was a preacher) but I only recently accepted Christ (exactly 8 mo ago)! We are going through Rev on Wed night at church, hence the curiosity.

That's interesting. Explain "they will have their complete human nature". I have heard this my whole life (dad was a preacher) but I only recently accepted Christ (exactly 8 mo ago)! We are going through Rev on Wed night at church, hence the curiosity.
Being unregenerate humans, they will still have a sin nature which will remain untested because the devil is bound during the Millennium. Also, because Christ is physically present during the Millennium, the people born then will never have needed to exercise saving faith. When the devil is loosed, he will tempt them like he tempted Eve.

Being unregenerate humans, they will still have a sin nature which will remain untested because the devil is bound during the Millennium. Also, because Christ is physically present during the Millennium, the people born then will never have needed to exercise saving faith. When the devil is loosed, he will tempt them like he tempted Eve.

Hello BibleLover;

Jesus is adamant to be on watch, today and tomorrow. Where all of us remain untested could be at a time when someone may come when least expected. They may be brilliant in deceit and misleading us away from the Christ.

God bless
you, brother.

New Jerusalem (and the millennium)is the fulfillment of God's promise return to and rule Israel.
The 144,000 remnant inherits a territory that is 12,000 stadia, cubed. (Also = 144,000 if you add each of the twelve lengths of 12,000)

Within this territory, (its dimensions a mere 1% of Earth's surface area), is Christ and those who are honored with being in the first resurrection.

Scripture tells of other nations that are required to send delegates to honor God annually. These nations are made up of anyone who survive the effects of God cleansing the 144,000 stadia squared territory to place New Jerusalem

The world, although quite altered by all the events, continues on. The biggest difference is that there will be no more military, wars, etc until the end of the millennium, when Satan is released and goes back out and deceives these "outside" nations to create one more alliance against God and His chosen... (They, of course, lose that battle too)

Biblelover in post #3 is correct.

The humans who survive the Tribulation will be saved and tested. They will have children and all humans are born with a sin nature.

Romans 5:12 (ESV)​

"Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned".​

That nature must be "born again" by faith in Jesus Christ and many born in the 1000 yrear rule of Christ, when tempted by Satan when he is loosened, will reject Christ and sin.

This may be 'piggybacking' on to Major's post above, but when I read Scripture (especially Romans 3) I find there are none who art worthy except Jesus and those who place their trust in Him.
I tend to see this Judgment (Mt 25:31- ) as a judgment of the nations (Gentiles) and how they treated the brethren of Jesus (the Jews) ('these my brethren') during the Tribulation. I may be wrong or guessing (or both), but that's the closest I can make sense of that passage.

To the OP, 'who will satan deceive? I believe 2 Thess 2 makes that clear...

2 Thessalonians 2:3,9-11 NKJV
Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, [9] The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, [10] and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. [11] And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,

Back