Why are the trees still green?

I thought I posted this before...oh well...

Ya know, leaves aren't really green?

They're all colors in the spectrum EXCEPT that shade of green.

The leaves actually absorb all the other colors in the spectrum, and reject green. It throws the color back out at us. That's why we see them as green.

I got in trouble for putting this one on a test in grade school. The teacher called my folks in and said that I was being difficult.:eek:

Son? Is that you?

WW this sounds exactly like something my son would say...no mom, teacher, etc. the sky is not blue...it only looks blue and here is why... Then we would patiently listen for 15 minutes until he was done.

Ugh! Smart people! :D

Son? Is that you?

WW this sounds exactly like something my son would say...no mom, teacher, etc. the sky is not blue...it only looks blue and here is why... Then we would patiently listen for 15 minutes until he was done.

Ugh! Smart people! :D
B'leve me, Kitsap...I'm not smart. I'm just the kid who would sit and stare out the window alllllll day long, finding my own answers inside of me, heh.

Maybe I am your son! Ummm...is that you, Mom? (really?):D

It's October 24th!!!!!

I have never seen this in Chicago~
Looking out my window, it still looks like summer!
Lol, it's January now and it's a comfortable 75 Farenheit.
I guess this is the luxury of living in Southern California.
Minus the freezing night temperatures, we're perfectly fine. The leaves have fallen, though, but...lol...it's warm and pleasant.

Though it's really quiet now that the tourist season is over, everyone seemed to have left town, not to mention college started.