Why Do We Believe False Teachings

Yes, just like my Dad, lol!, God bless Him. He'll be 86 in July.

Through the years our talks have led him slowly to understanding the Bible and he attends church every Sunday, but he still loves to watch his Ancient Aliens on the History channel.

He told me regarding ancient aliens and from reading Genesis 1, it can happen!
Did he ever get into ole Erich von daniken , into the Chariots of the Gods?

Agreed. It is a form of Mind Manipulation.

There will be some who will want to argue this point......If I am not on their "Ignore" option but.........
Nothing has done more damage to the people involved in Pentecostal and Charismatic churches than false teachings related to activities of the Holy Ghost which are generated through "Excitment and Emotions!"
The Bible-believing Pentecostals cling clearly to the Word of God and the sovereign work of the Holy Ghost in each manifestation of the Spirit. L
Now if we are honest with each other and actually READ THE BOOK we can see five particular and observe the difference between the Biblical foundation and the Charismatic deception. These five subjects are listed below:

Fortune Telling Called "Personal Prophesying"
The Prayer Language Deception
Paranormal Praying: Casting Spells Misinterpreted As Praying
Charismatic Worship
The Charismatic Spirit

Always a blessing to talk to you brother!
I was a teaching elder in the AOG, and would see them and other "classic" Pentecostal groups as holding to incorrect and wrong doctrines regarding the spiritual gifts and second act of grace, but much superior to moden day charasma churches with word of faith, little gods, name it and claim it etc!

Years ago we had a long time member of 27 years who was very involved and showed up every Sunday. When the music ministry gained a drummer (soft 4/4 beat on the percussions and cymbals) who was also in youth group, the long time member up and left without notice or communication to our pastor.

Because of her long time membership she thought she was punishing the church. Psalm 150
Im not punishing the church. I just wasnt getting anything from the sermons. Actually the church has been punishing itself with masks, no singing, bring your own cracker and pop or whatever for communion. No, its not for me.

Back