Why Does God Allow This?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's say you have a Christian friend who continues to struggle financially every year and refuses to accept responsibility for the choices they've made and instead chooses to blame God and others for the debt they're in. They tell you that no matter how much they pray for God to help them out with their finances, it's as if God is not listening to them and they tell you they are angry with God because of this. No matter how many scriptures you read them, no matter how much you try to pray with them or encourage them, their default response is "I know that, I already know that, it doesn't work".

They say to you "I know what the Word of God says, but it doesn't work for me and I don't understand why God would put me in a situation where I have to ask for help from family members I don't get along with" It's as if they want you to believe that God has singled them out from every other person on earth and decided to pick on them and that this Christianity thing works for everybody else but not for them. They hold a lot of resentment and anger towards others who have hurt them in the past and often use that as an excuse to say "I'm not preaching to anyone that God will never take back what he gives you because that is a lie".

They keep reaching out to you for help but nothing you say penetrates
They keep asking you "Why does God keep allowing me to suffer like this?"

And they reject every answer you give them.

How do minister to someone like this?
Or do you just give up and move on?

Last edited:
I have to agree with fcj. Unless they change their thinking and believing.. they are setting their path with every word they speak.

I would also suggest that you pray for Father to open their eyes to the truth after binding the strongman from their mind. The prayer about the gift of repentance is in 1 Timothy 2:25-27.

Trust that as you follow the leading of the Holy Spirit on what to say and ask for Father to prepare his heart to receive what is said... that He will watch over the seeds of His Word to perform it so that it does not return into Him void (Jeremiah 1:12 and Isaiah 55:11)

You are His mouthpiece as you speak what He desires to be said. And He will back you up.

Try music, it may work… and to complete the suggestions: a specific CD, try to give this CD:

How the song was performed in that CD: I THINK, in retrospect, it was one of those things that "calmed" me down or prepared me from being a Catholic to start to CONSidER and into being a Protestant, a Baptist!

Just kidding or no, not really kidding.

As a background, am raised a Catholic and Protestantism turns me off: I perceived it before as being arrogant to claim one can be SAVED… BUT that is simply the GOSPEL!

and looking back: the “Catholic” big statue in Rio says it in the first place: “Christ the Redeemer”…that is: a REDEEMER for what is being REDEEMED for? , ie: SALVATION....... but sometimes the GOOD NEWS is slowly being absorbed.

My point: a music of praise, of worship, of TRUST and FAITH in the Lord can PLANT the seeds of TRUST and FAITH in Lord…

Music is the language of the soul so as the saying goes…

and the CD, here is the pic, my copy I gave it to a staunch Catholic before, and thankfully, her Facebook posts now show properly i think where to put her praise and worship....

1533135789997.png

Last edited:
well, it can be another CD or music of praise and worship, people have different taste..... just saying in my case I love that CD! :)

cant find the whole CD for free in youtube, googling a piece here and there of the list in that CD...

why buy it (again)? :)
well, that is another topic on intellectual property rights and freedom to download a music for personal use and not for public consumption for profit :)

Brother Kev ,
You asked in your title, "Why Does God Allow This?"

God has no choice but to allow it. He has given us Everything we will ever need to live a prosperous and victorious Christian Life.
It's up to each individual to put forth what He has written.

He is no respector on men and not a puppet master making people do anything. It's Always been and Always will be each individuals choice.

That's why we as Born Again believers must wage spiritual warfare and stand in the gap for others.
Their thinking is fed by other spiritual influences other then God and His Word

Believe it or not, All People are either governed by Godly influences or the enemies influences. This pertains to every single human being in this earth. There are no exceptions. This means our unsaved friends and family are influenced by our enemy and his world system.

God has no choice but to allow this.
Blessings
FCJ

Let's say you have a Christian friend who continues to struggle financially every year and refuses to accept responsibility for the choices they've made and instead chooses to blame God and others for the debt they're in. They tell you that no matter how much they pray for God to help them out with their finances, it's as if God is not listening to them and they tell you they are angry with God because of this. No matter how many scriptures you read them, no matter how much you try to pray with them or encourage them, their default response is "I know that, I already know that, it doesn't work".

They say to you "I know what the Word of God says, but it doesn't work for me and I don't understand why God would put me in a situation where I have to ask for help from family members I don't get along with" It's as if they want you to believe that God has singled them out from every other person on earth and decided to pick on them and that this Christianity thing works for everybody else but not for them. They hold a lot of resentment and anger towards others who have hurt them in the past and often use that as an excuse to say "I'm not preaching to anyone that God will never take back what he gives you because that is a lie".

They keep reaching out to you for help but nothing you say penetrates
They keep asking you "Why does God keep allowing me to suffer like this?"

And they reject every answer you give them.

How do minister to someone like this?
Or do you just give up and move on?

As I was reading another response.... it dawned on me that we never addressed the title of the thread.

God has no choice in the matter really. God is not going to force someone to change their thinking, however if they make the choice not to blame Him for what they're going through (cuz in all reality we're judging Him when we blame Him) He will be able to show them where they are missing it... but they have to be humble before Him, and be seeking Him for the way to correct things.

Our pastor talks of a time when he was unwilling to even consider what God had been speaking to His heart.. but as soon as he became willing to do what God was asking... God showed him where he was missing it in their finances (he had been asking for a little while with no answer or direction) and as he humbled obeyed and submitted to the Father's directions... things got better in all ways.

You can also say, you reap what you sow.

This is what happens when this happens. For example if someone doesnt work, they dont eat. If someone commits adultery, they are going to lose their marriage. If someone cuts themselves, they are going to bleed.

Why does God allow it? Why doesnt He just send his angels to prevent humans doing stupid things all the time? um...

Well for me I learned I cannot effectively minisiter to someone whos going to lash out everytime you give something holy to them. In fact Jesus warns us dont give what is holy to the dogs for they will turn and rend you or cast pearls before swine.

I learned the hard way that some people just arent ready to humble themselves.

Thank you everyone for all the responses.

The question "Why Does God Allow This?" wasn't mine but hers. She is a dear friend of mine that I have known for over 30 years and whenever she faces a financial crisis in her life she will call me up and literally demand an answer to this question. It has been extremely frustrating for me because I have watched her repeat this cycle every 5 years or so.

She seems oblivious to the life choices she has made and immediately starts looking for someone to blame when she gets in a jam. I have tried to help her by praying with her and leading her to the scriptures but to no avail. She knows the Word, she knows God, but claims she doesn't know why God keeps allowing this to happen to her.

Many years ago she followed the advice of a pastor from a church we both attended and the results were disastrous. She has never really gotten over this and although I was unaware of this and had nothing to do with it, whenever she falls on hard times and because she associates me with this church, she will call me up and begin to demand to know why God is allowing this to happen to her.

I have tried so hard to remain in fellowship with her over the years but whenever we reconnect she feels the need to remind me that she believes the only reason she struggles financially today is because she followed the advice of this pastor over 30 years ago. She then becomes angry and starts to lash out at me as if I too am responsible for her current woes, simply because I remind her of a church that neither one of us attend anymore.

I usually end up having to distance myself from her because I can only take so much of someone taking out their frustrations on me about something I had nothing to do with. I have tried to be understanding and put myself in her situation, but nothing I do or say seems to work. It would break my heart to fall out of fellowship with her again so I decided to try and post here to see what other fellow believers thought about this.

Thank you all again for your replies, they have been very helpful, God bless :)

Thank you everyone for all the responses.

The question "Why Does God Allow This?" wasn't mine but hers. She is a dear friend of mine that I have known for over 30 years and whenever she faces a financial crisis in her life she will call me up and literally demand an answer to this question. It has been extremely frustrating for me because I have watched her repeat this cycle every 5 years or so.

She seems oblivious to the life choices she has made and immediately starts looking for someone to blame when she gets in a jam. I have tried to help her by praying with her and leading her to the scriptures but to no avail. She knows the Word, she knows God, but claims she doesn't know why God keeps allowing this to happen to her.

Many years ago she followed the advice of a pastor from a church we both attended and the results were disastrous. She has never really gotten over this and although I was unaware of this and had nothing to do with it, whenever she falls on hard times and because she associates me with this church, she will call me up and begin to demand to know why God is allowing this to happen to her.

I have tried so hard to remain in fellowship with her over the years but whenever we reconnect she feels the need to remind me that she believes the only reason she struggles financially today is because she followed the advice of this pastor over 30 years ago. She then becomes angry and starts to lash out at me as if I too am responsible for her current woes, simply because I remind her of a church that neither one of us attend anymore.

I usually end up having to distance myself from her because I can only take so much of someone taking out their frustrations on me about something I had nothing to do with. I have tried to be understanding and put myself in her situation, but nothing I do or say seems to work. It would break my heart to fall out of fellowship with her again so I decided to try and post here to see what other fellow believers thought about this.

Thank you all again for your replies, they have been very helpful, God bless :)
Un-Forgiveness is working against her.
Not taking Responsibility for her actions is working against her.

Just because she feels she followed the advice of the Pastor does not mean she did or walked right in other areas and holding the Pastor responsible follows through from the above.

It's sad but far to many people live like this and wonder why they struggle and deal with health issues.

Pray that God will send the right laborers unto her and they get through to her and again bind the strongholds of her mind.
Thank you for sharing
Blessings
FCJ

There is an unspoken assumption in the question of why God allows this (whatever the 'this' may be).

That assumption is that it is God's responsibility to provide us with a pleasant and gleeful life. We expect to go from one joy to the next.

That is the reverse of the situation.

Our joy comes from our heart rejoicing in the Lord.

Always.

In whatever situation.

If we do not feel the joy, or if we experience hard times, it does not mean that God has failed us.

There are no grounds for calling on Him to account for our lives. Particularly when our lives are the result of ourselves and our choices.

If we do not feel the joy, or if we experience hard times, it does not mean that God has failed us.
Exactly for its not up to God if we have Joy in the Lord but Always up to us. It is written that the Joy of the Lord is our Strength.
Why do you think that our enemy works 24/7/365 to keep us from operating in the Joy of thee Lord? Because he is no match unto This Joy.

True Joy in Thee Lord will enable you to stand strong and firm unwavering no matter what we are hit with. In sudden tragedies the Joy of Thee Lord keeps you calm and collected without fear and panic and allows you to respond (first words) with God's Word.

satan needs a door and our help and this is why FIRST WORDS matter greatly and the ability to stand unwavering.

Fear and Panic are satan as Love and Peace is God. Remember that next time you are hit with fear......it ain't God and further more it is written in His Word over 300 times, do not fear, stop the fear and so forth.

Fear is twisted perverted faith BUT it still works just as Faith works in the good.
To have fear in something is putting faith into it.

Example......the dog growls and you get scared and your heart races and and panic sets it. THAT'S FEAR.....
Fear that this dog will hurt you which means you PLACED more FAITH in the ability that the dog could hurt you then in God and His Word.

Same if you step out in front of a big truck.
Fear will make you panic and freeze up but KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING that it is better to not do this will move your but out of the way.

Do not ever make FEAR a good thing.
Blessings
FCJ

This does not mean that a Christian will never experience or take notice of difficulties.
A believer can (and will) encounter adversity. Some come from the enemy. Some come from the society that man has built (the enemy uses this also, but we are still responsible for what we have done with God's gifts). Much adversity is the result of our own choices.

The issue is how we respond to that adversity.
We can justify in our own minds the choices we have made and the results of those choices.
We can blame God for not being nice enough to us.
We can blame the enemy and say that since his power is so great, it is unfair to expect us to withstand it.
Or, we can turn toward God, acknowledge when things are beyond our control, and look for His leading through this Life.

What we may not do is bargain with God, "If I do what I think You want, You will make my life wonderful and guard me from all harm".

We can blame God for not being nice enough to us.
We can blame the enemy and say that since his power is so great, it is unfair to expect us to withstand it.
That is so sadly incorrect but unfortunately it's very true with far too many believers.

Truth God Loves us just as much as He Loves Jesus.
Truth no place in scripture does God in His Word warn us about satan and power but does WARN us against the WILES of the devil.

Anytime our life is so messed up we need to find out where and how we are missing it.
It's never God who causes our life to be messed up.

Blessings

Brother Kev
It would seem to me as if there are other issues that she is refusing to acknowledge and address... and she is not waiting for God to answer her prayers... God is waiting on her to fully submit, trust Him, and to address whatever it is that she is "holding onto."
Is there someone, or some situation that she holds any grudge, anger, bitterness, hurt, ect. about? If/when she truly digs deeply and honestly and fully seeks, trusts, and obeys God, maybe then she can grow and progress... we should also always remember to pray for God's will... not what we think we want or need.

There is an excellent book that I got titled "Borrowed Offenses", by Vic Porter, that is completely based from scripture, (not just someone's opinion), that should by read by anyone who has these types of on-going issues... if you do a search, you may be able to browse/read parts of it on google books. If I could afford it, I'd buy a copy for everyone I know!
And no... don't give up...
We will be praying for you both... praying for God to reveal any areas of any doubt, sin or darkness, so that His will for her life may be accomplished.

There is, of course, the basic, but acutely important act God has given each and every single person in life, we all have the freedom to choose as we see fit in life.
Make the wrong decision as we all are aware, we pay dearly until we eventually learn, "Hey, life ain't so good for me just now, I'm gonna have to change. (or words to that effect)
Unfortunately, your friend appears to have made some not so beneficial correct decisions for herself.
However, all is not lost, what is required of her, hard as it may\will be, is to eventually learn from her poor choices.
In some cases, though hopefully not your friend, it may take years to finally realize they are walking along the wrong path in life.
She is fortunate though, she has you praying for her foresight to change and make life easier for herself.

As an afterthought, years ago I made a Prayer Box (it doesn't need to be elaborate) converted from an unused hat box belonging to my wife. I made a slit in the top just wide enough to accept pages from a small notepad. Whenever I hear of someone asking for prayers or someone I particularly would like to pray for. It's a simple matter of noting down name and cause of prayer request I would like to offer, then pop it in the box.
Also, each time I pass the box I'm reminded to pray for those names noted inside.

Best of good blessings to you and your friend..
Regards.

Brother Kev
Is there someone, or some situation that she holds any grudge, anger, bitterness, hurt, ect. about?

Yes, there was a wonderful Christian brother that she had intended to marry but a Pastor told her that God wanted her to move to another state, she did that and it was a nightmare, she struggled financially for 2 years and the brother eventually got married to someone else. He was very wealthy and she believes if she had not listened to this Pastor, she would have married him and would not have any of the financial problems she has today.

Since then she has been married and divorced twice and continues to struggle financially. I have tried to remain in fellowship with her over the years and although this took place almost 30 years ago, she is still very angry and hurt by it and whenever she starts to struggle financially she will call me up and the fireworks start. It's as if every thing she always wanted to say to this Pastor she takes out on me because I remind her of the church the Pastor is from.

We have always been good friends and I have always tried to be there for her and help her as best I could, but I can only do what God gives me the Grace to do and I refuse to engage in bitter conversations about someone and something 30 years ago that had nothing to do with me and have everything I suggest to someone rejected. I am sorry that she was hurt and still holds a grudge against this Pastor but when you are angry with God and refuse to humble yourself and allow him to heal you, there's really no point in having the same conversation over and over again.

The Word of God says "All have sinned and fallen short", I believe that no matter how badly we have been hurt by others, God has forgiven all of us of much more, so we must find it in our hearts (by the power of the Holy Spirit and by the Grace and Mercy of God) to forgive or God will not forgive us.

I will continue to pray that God will give her the gift of repentance, against the strongman in her mind and that God will send someone to help her.

Thank you for your encouraging words, God Bless :)

Last edited:
Yes, there was a wonderful Christian brother that she had intended to marry but a Pastor told her that God wanted her to move to another state, she did that and it was a nightmare, she struggled financially for 2 years and the brother eventually got married to someone else. He was very wealthy and she believes if she had not listened to this Pastor, she would have married him and would not have any of the financial problems she has today.

I don't know the entire story but a few things seem to show.
It seems she is putting money ahead of everything as if financial security is number one goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back