Why does God keep sending people to talk to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why doesn't he talk to me himself?

The reason I ask is because I have a fear of being controlled like I used to at my former church..

Because I'm not at the stage I can hear from God but ... I just have the fear of being controlled. Like last time.

He's always talking... but because your mind is not trained to receive... your not hearing. However with these things people are telling you... make sure your praying and seeking the Lord for the peace (the Bible says let peace be your umpire) to know if this is the right direction for you. If you dont have peace... you will know that what they're saying is not for you. This keeps you from allowing another person to control you.

Types of unrest or lack of peace can be like something keeps bugging you about it. Your mind is not peaceful. You find a Scripture in the Word that speaks the exact opposite.

There are many ways to check what someone else is telling you they heard from God. This will keep you protected from being led astray... and will keep you from being afraid of being controlled... plus it trains you to have an active part in what goes on in your life and trains you in hearing God better. For I'm sure you have heard Him before.... you just may doubt that it was Him, because your not accustomed to hearing His voice in your inner man :)

He's always talking... but because your mind is not trained to receive... your not hearing. However with these things people are telling you... make sure your praying and seeking the Lord for the peace (the Bible says let peace be your umpire) to know if this is the right direction for you. If you dont have peace... you will know that what they're saying is not for you. This keeps you from allowing another person to control you.

Types of unrest or lack of peace can be like something keeps bugging you about it. Your mind is not peaceful. You find a Scripture in the Word that speaks the exact opposite.

There are many ways to check what someone else is telling you they heard from God. This will keep you protected from being led astray... and will keep you from being afraid of being controlled... plus it trains you to have an active part in what goes on in your life and trains you in hearing God better. For I'm sure you have heard Him before.... you just may doubt that it was Him, because your not accustomed to hearing His voice in your inner man :)

Thank You. I will definitely ask. Because that's always a trap I feel I'll fall into because I am willing to follow God but I can't hear him for myself...

But I don't want to be controlled like last time.

I will be pray.

While your practicing hearing from God in your inner man... renew your mind with John 10 when Jesus is talking about His sheep hear His voice (vs 1-18) and instead of saying you cannot hear Him...begin to thank the Lord that you are His sheep (because ps 23 says He is our Shepherd) and you know His voice. Your mind and ears listen to your voice... and faith or trust comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God :)

Hey we can always check what people say if we look in the Bible.

Hearing from God is something that is often difficult to do in this world where theres so many distractions. This is why, for you, find a quiet space and focus on Him.

Do you know christians learn to medititate? Yes! Its not like hindus who sit cross legged and chant om while they clear their minds.

The way we do it is go somewhere quiet, pray and read the Bible. It could be in a garden, on a mountaintop, or in the bathroom with the door closed. Or in bed before you go to sleep or before you get up for the day. Or in the car with nobody else around. You can commune with God. Commune meaning communicate.

I see sheep in a field and one of those sheep has been led astray and is far way from the rest of the flock. The shepherd has been calling and calling but that sheep is so far away it cannot hear. The sheep is abit lost snd cries baa! The shepherd leaves the flock to go look for this one lost sheep. He can only find where she is if she keeps crying out.

Thank You. I will definitely ask. Because that's always a trap I feel I'll fall into because I am willing to follow God but I can't hear him for myself...

But I don't want to be controlled like last time.

I will be pray.

My dear sister, "Being controlled" is a self inflicted situation. NO one can control you unless you allow it.

As has been stated by Cturtle, God is actually speaking to us all of the time. The problem is not His speaking but our listening.

God sends people to us to tell us things and encourage us and to give us guidance. He speaks through His written Word, other people, nature, calamities and even sickness and pain and suffering.

The original poster has not responded in a couple of months. We will give her a chance to catch up... And if she wants this open we will be sure to open it back up for her

Thank you for all who have given your support and prayers... Blessings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back